Is Baker dropping to #4 of the Class of '18?

Huh? What?

2 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

Baker has looked meh this season,   mbe injured more than we've been told,  mbe OBJ is a huge negative for their offensive cohesion.   could be anything really.   just doesnt look right this year.   Darnold looks like terrible Darnold again.   would still take Baker over Darnold at this point.    

Brownies have had some terrible injuries this year,  not sure what the Panthers problem is other than they played terrible teams the first 4 weeks,  McCaffrey being out is a big loss as well.

He makes GREAT commercials though

3 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

And how has Darnold passed Baker?

More wins- no

Better stats- no

Made playoffs-no

Won a playoff game- no

In more commercials- no

Me thinks OP hates Baker.

I have a friend who is a Jets and OSU fan. When Baker came out he wanted no part of him cuz of the OSU flag incident. To this day if I mention that Baker is pretty good he'll have no part of it. Maybe something similar happening here. 

And folks shouldn't judge Baker by his stats only.  Last week he put up good numbers but when the game was on the line the Browns clearly did not put the ball in his hands for those last two critical possessions.  This was in contrast to the Bills putting the ball in Allen's hands to lock up the win on that 92 yard drive in the 4th quarter against KC.

And a great example of how Mayfield's stats are misleading:  today in a 37 - 14 loss in which the Brown's fell behind 20 - 0, he was 19/28 for 234 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT for a QB rating of 102.4!  Talk about stats not reflecting reality.  Then throw in baker's 2 lost fumbles and he played very poorly today though at the end of the year the stat line won't show it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

he was 19/28 for 234 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT for a QB rating of 102.4!  Talk about stats not reflecting reality.  Then throw in baker's 2 lost fumbles and he played very poorly today though at the end of the year the stat line won't show it.

Stats I saw today had his QBR even better at 111.3.  But the Browns might be stuck at say 9 wins every year with him at QB no matter how good the rest of that roster is. He just can't take a team to the next level or carry a team

• Like (+1) 1

Let me ask this question again!

Who tf is Baker. How does this guy rate to be called by his first name only. What has he done to the equal of LeBron, Kobe,.

Few athletes in this world reach that status and usually after many years of success. 

Not Joe Namath, not John Unitas, not Tom Brady, not Jim Kelly, not Dan Marino, not Peyton Manning, 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Stats I saw today had his QBR even better at 111.3.  But the Browns might be stuck at say 9 wins every year with him at QB no matter how good the rest of that roster is. He just can't take a team to the next level or carry a team

That means QB Rating and QBR are dumb statistics. Right up there with completion%. They all dont tell the story of what happened on the field in full context. No stat really does but some people treat stats as gospel

• Agree 1

I’m no fan of the Brownies, but isn’t the BM…, playing injured? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.