Does anybody want to tell me again how good Flores is?

eball

2 hours ago, eball said:

This is hilarious. Since doing an “amazing” job his first year in Miami this guy has to be considered one of the worst head coaches in the league. I’ve posted many times before about how badly he botched Tua’s first year and how he had his team completely unprepared in last year’s finale, but the embarrassment of losing to the Jags takes the cake. Flores sucks and eff the Fish. 

chris-rock-what-you-want-a-cookie.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Flores success was directly tied to Fitzpatrick. Ryan turned around a horrible team and pulled the locker room together two years ago and again last year he was either winning the game or coming in relief to win it. Tua isn't even a team captan. Horrible organization from the top down.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

A lot of Dolphins fans have convinced themselves Herbert would not be any better than Tua if he was playing on that offense. 

That's a standard losers lament.

We were even hearing that here on TSW as recently as a few weeks ago with regard to the Bills passing on Patrick Mahomes. :lol:

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I for life of me cant figure out why theyvlet Fitzpatrick walk. He made them competitive. They are so much better with Fitz than Tua.

That, and Tua just blows as a NFL QB, the guys fragile as balsa wood, and he’s physically weak compared to any real QB with arm arrogance…

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

I hope they hire every belichick acolyte from here to eternity. 

Acolyte??  Def.- a person assisting the celebrant in a religious service or procession.

Well done! Had to Google that.

Although I would hardly call Belichick religious, but good word!

2 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Acolyte??  Def.- a person assisting the celebrant in a religious service or procession.

Well done! Had to Google that.

Although I would hardly call Belichick religious, but good word!

To be fair, religious isn't always "good" religious lol. But I get it...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

This is hilarious. Since doing an “amazing” job his first year in Miami this guy has to be considered one of the worst head coaches in the league. I’ve posted many times before about how badly he botched Tua’s first year and how he had his team completely unprepared in last year’s finale, but the embarrassment of losing to the Jags takes the cake. Flores sucks and eff the Fish. 

He isn't.  I said the same thing the first time they pulled Tua and put Fitz back in.  You either try to win football games and get to the playoffs or you try to groom a rookie QB.  Can't play QB carousel to do both.  I knew right then and there that he wasn't a good coach.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

The problem with Flores is that he never seemed to have a long term plan in any way.  After his team overachieved in 2019, he hired Chan to run a Taylor-made for offense for Fitzpatrick…knowing full well that the team would likely be drafting a QB. The QB drafted was a bad fit for the offense and he never had any plan for his development.

Then after the Tua failure in 2020, he hires two unknown commodities to call plays and run the offense to terrible results.  

To his credit Flores was a great motivator and helped his team overachieve at times - especially in 2019.  He’s also been a good defensive coach and his team’s ability to force turnovers (many times against poor competition) likely masked some of the teams problems.  

I think overall he’s an ok coach that in a bad situation with Miami.  A big part of his predicament is his fault , though the GM has been terrible as well

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He isn't.  I said the same thing the first time they pulled Tua and put Fitz back in.  You either try to win football games and get to the playoffs or you try to groom a rookie QB.  Can't play QB carousel to do both.  I knew right then and there that he wasn't a good coach.

This was a HUGE red flag for me.  I loved how many in the media brushed it off as though it was no big deal, when it could very well be the nail in his coffin. 

When you switch to a rookie QB you can’t give them the hook in a close game.  You need to ride or die with them. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.