Orgeron out at LSU after the season

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally don’t think it really went beyond On field results.Everything that has been reported would have been ignored had he continued to win. LSU suddenly found a conscience? No. What was unacceptable was going 9-8 the last two years.

This is absurd, hope LSU admin. falls on their faces!

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally don’t think it really went beyond On field results.Everything that has been reported would have been ignored had he continued to win. LSU suddenly found a conscience? No. What was unacceptable was going 9-8 the last two years.

The Ogre is Chizik 2.0 for sure.

Other than that one special year with a superstar transfer QB, neither coach did squat the other 4 years.

However, with the lawsuit and other off the field behaviors (threatening boosters to a fight is always a good choice for job security!), I believe the Ogre was on a much shorter lease going into this year than anybody else realized.

5 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Figured this was coming, surprising that they will let him finish the season. They are completely non contenders for Arch Manning with Ed in the house.

Until a new HC is named, it won't matter if he stays or not.

And being about halfway through the current season, naming a new HC now will create a bigger distraction for the team.

Dear LSU,

On behalf of my client, I would like to confidentially express interest in the HC role.  My client has experience and success at the collegiate level coaching, as well as NFL experience.

Please send more information on your program, as well as student life.  If your fine institute has placed students in the popular 'Girls Gone Wild' video series, a copy is earnestly requested.

Kind regards,

Famous Football Coach Agent

20 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

This is absurd, hope LSU admin. falls on their faces!

Yeah a national championship ring doesn't buy you as much time as it used to.  Personally, I just think he caught lightning in a bottle that year, lucked out on JB transferring over and had great talent.  I think as the last few years have shown it is pretty obvious that year in and year out LSU was going to have a tough time keeping up with the heavyweights of the SEC under Coach O's leadership.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Yeah a national championship ring doesn't buy you as much time as it used to.  Personally, I just think he caught lightning in a bottle that year, lucked out on JB transferring over and had great talent.  I think as the last few years have shown it is pretty obvious that year in and year out LSU was going to have a tough time keeping up with the heavyweights of the SEC under Coach O's leadership.

He did have something to do with bringing in Joe Burrow and Joe Brady to coordinate the offense and recruiting the players like Jamar Chase etc.  So no it wasn't just lucking out, he gets the credit for football success.

2 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

He did have something to do with bringing in Joe Burrow and Joe Brady to coordinate the offense and recruiting the players like Jamar Chase etc.  So no it wasn't just lucking out, he gets the credit for football success.

Even Chizik brought in a handful of good players to Auburn.

That does not mean both are a good HC.

After losing to UK this year, the Ogre admitted he was "surprised" by the Kentucky run game.

Seriously?

That's Dick Juaron level of stupidity, and WTF-ness.

And you think the LSU admin is making a mistake of getting rid of him.

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I will not shed tears if they take O'Brien. I don't despise him mind you but he is no Sark. This I can say for sure.

Was not a fan of the BOB hire from the beginning.

Feel free to take the Oline coach with him.

As Bills fans, are we surprised the Bama Oline is having issues?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Yeah I mean he won a National Championship so you got to give him credit.  Burrow kind of fell in his lap though, after he got beaten out for the starting job at Ohio St, so that was kind of luck.  Sure you still got to recruit him but.....in most years a talented QB of his talents isn't available as a transfer player. 

3 hours ago, Cynical said:

As Bills fans, are we surprised the Bama Oline is having issues?

No but tbh I am not willing to cast blame upon Marrone. He has to go 2 levels up to get to Coach Saban. There are GREAT players (Latham and Brockemeyer) that could be playing on the OL, especially Latham at RT. 

O'Brien should be on the sidelines with Saban instead of up in the air. 

At this point I am totally unimpressed with O'Brien.

Jmo. 

It’s mostly about results, but I’m sure coach Orgeron’s personality didn’t buy him much time. I don’t know the guy, but from my impression and reading about him, it seems he could be a bit unhinged. It’s tough to tell what he’s like behind the scenes. I’m sure he stepped on a lot of toes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.