“Bills Mafia speak our language'”: Aussie F1 star Daniel Ricciardo on Josh Allen, Tom Brady and his surprising NFL allegiance

YoloinOhio

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/32400577/bills-mafia-speak-our-language-aussie-f1-star-daniel-ricciardo-josh-allen-tom-brady-surprising-nfl-allegiance

The McLaren star, one of F1's most popular drivers and the winner of last month's Italian Grand Prix, is the kind of person you associate with the sun. He grew up on Australia's west coast and like most of his F1 rivals he lives amid the glitz and glamour of Monte Carlo. His NBA team is the L.A. Lakers, his MLB team the L.A. Dodgers.

For the NFL, he seemingly also had a ready-made excuse to pick one of the Bills' AFC North rivals, the New England Patriots.

The list of people who have caught a pass from Tom Brady sounds like a trivia night question, but Ricciardo can put his own spin on that claim to fame. As part of a promotional event at the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix, Ricciardo, stood on one yacht in the Monte Carlo harbour, caught a pass thrown by then-Patriot Brady, stood on another yacht.

To most that would be a gift-wrapped reason to have supported the Patriots. Ricciardo didn't want it.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to “Bills Mafia speak our language'”: Aussie F1 star Daniel Ricciardo on Josh Allen, Tom Brady and his surprising NFL allegiance

AFC North eh...

For the NFL, he seemingly also had a ready-made excuse to pick one of the Bills' AFC North rivals, the New England Patriots.

'Out of the box' for Ricciardo was Buffalo. Supporting the Bills right now might seem like jumping on a bandwagon -- sitting at 4-1 atop the AFC North, the Bills seem like sure-fire Super Bowl contenders and quarterback Josh Allen is firmly in the MVP conversation. It feels like it could be Buffalo's year.

I guess we can forgive this writer since he's an F1 dude who prolly writes part time for ESPN.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

AFC North eh...

'Out of the box' for Ricciardo was Buffalo. Supporting the Bills right now might seem like jumping on a bandwagon -- sitting at 4-1 atop the AFC North, the Bills seem like sure-fire Super Bowl contenders and quarterback Josh Allen is firmly in the MVP conversation. It feels like it could be Buffalo's year.

I guess we can forgive this writer since he's an F1 dude who prolly writes part time for ESPN.

To be fair AFC North would make more sense. Ravens should go to the East.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Can we stay in the East while the other 3 are awful please?

I think its just because king of the north sounds better than king of the east for Josh Allen.  Its just a Stark difference to my ears at least.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

I think its just because king of the north sounds better than king of the east for Josh Allen.  Its just a Stark difference to my ears at least.

Eddard lost his head for being a fool, and you should lose your head for such a bad GOT reference LMAO... "Stark difference" HA!

If you live in Australia you get a pass for picking a front runner lol how else is he gunna pick an allegiance?

... well one time I got an ebay package from Minneapolis soooo

Not to mention football isn't even on the radar there, and we have sweet jerseys. If I was picking a Rugby team am I gunna pick a team with the prestige of Jacksonville? Lol no. Welcome to the mafia

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, MarkMiller said:

Love me some Danny Ricc! DTS has also converted me into a huge F1 fan. Tremendous sport. Wish I could be in Austin next week!

He did a great interview with Sky Sports presenter Rachal Pinkham a few years ago at Monaco when he was driving for Red Bull.

Like most Aussies he is genuine and down to earth. :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.