Around the League week 6

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

OBJ isn’t OBJ anymore. Hes stil a good player but he’s not dominant. They should just move on while they might still be able to get something from him but they need him with all the other injuries. The issue is that oBj wants the ball thrown up to him all the time no matter what and he thinks he will make the play. This is how it was with Eli. Baker doesn’t do that. He throws to the open guy. So really it is not the best fit from either  side. 

He is coming off a serious injury so I am not shocked to see him coming out a bit slow. I will give it a bit of time before I write him off as not being close to the same player. 

I watched all of his targets against the Cardinals and he didn’t have any bad drops. The only possible drop he had was on a 4th down where he was pretty heavily blanketed by the defense and would have been short had he caught it.

I do think the Browns are not a great situation for him. They are a run heavy offense with a QB that has chemistry issues with Odell. I think if Odell were to be traded to a better team he would show out more. He still draws the gravity of coverage and when he gets decent targets his production improves.

• Dislike 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure I agree with this take…. These two played in a game where the winds were swirling in Buffalo last January…. The difference in the game was a 100 yard plus INT return for a TD… both QBs struggled to really do anything much of the game so I’m not sure it’s fair to say Josh can throw in heavy winds and Lamar can’t. 

I think Josh has the stronger arm and plays in the conditions more. I would trust him to take on the winds more than Lamar. You could be right in that there are points where any QB struggles in those conditions so point well taken.

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm a bad predictor, but i won't be surprised if next week's Ravens game bears a passing resemblance to the one yesterday.

We’ll see. I think more often than not they play to the level of their competition, and I think with the Bungles, it’ll be more like the Lions & Colts games than the Chargers game.

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Josh has the stronger arm and plays in the conditions more. I would trust him to take on the winds more than Lamar. You could be right in that there are points where any QB struggles in those conditions so point well taken.

I really don't like the whole "can play in cold, heat, winds, rain, snow" mumbo jumbo... but if we are talking about a QB used to playing in wind... has anyone been to Laramie Wyoming?!?! I've been there 3 times playing in college. It is the windiest place on earth. Zero Mountains and TONS of weather fluctuations that make it blow harder than a sailor's ports money maker! He was grown in gusty valley

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Prospector said:

I really don't like the whole "can play in cold, heat, winds, rain, snow" mumbo jumbo... but if we are talking about a QB used to playing in wind... has anyone been to Laramie Wyoming?!?! I've been there 3 times playing in college. It is the windiest place on earth. Zero Mountains and TONS of weather fluctuations that make it blow harder than a sailor's ports money maker! He was grown in gusty valley

The Bills play in the windiest stadium in the NFL, and it's the windiest by a decent amount: https://247sports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/Article/Kickers-Nightmare-The-Windiest-NFL-Stadiums-105213973/.

NFL TEAMS WITH OPEN-AIR STADIUMS RANKED BY AVERAGE WIND SPEEDS (windiest to least windy) Buffalo/Orchard Park, New York 16.1 New England/Foxborough, Massachusetts 14.5 New York Giants/East Rutherford, New Jersey 10.1 New York Jets/East Rutherford, New Jersey 10.1 Kansas City, Missouri 10.6 San Francisco/Santa Clara, California 10.6 Cleveland, Ohio 10.5 Minneapolis, Minnesota 10.5 Chicago, Illinois 10.3 Green Bay, Wisconsin 10.0 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 9.5 Washington/Landover, Maryland 9.4 Miami Gardens, Florida 9.2 Cincinnati, Ohio 9.0 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 9.0 Oakland, California 8.8 Seattle, Washington 8.8 Baltimore, Maryland 8.7 Denver, Colorado 8.7 Tampa, Florida 8.3 Nashville, Tennessee 8.0 Jacksonville, Florida 7.8 Charlotte, North Carolina 7.4 San Diego, California 7.0

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills play in the windiest stadium in the NFL, and it's the windiest by a decent amount: https://247sports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/Article/Kickers-Nightmare-The-Windiest-NFL-Stadiums-105213973/.

NFL TEAMS WITH OPEN-AIR STADIUMS RANKED BY AVERAGE WIND SPEEDS (windiest to least windy) Buffalo/Orchard Park, New York 16.1 New England/Foxborough, Massachusetts 14.5 New York Giants/East Rutherford, New Jersey 10.1 New York Jets/East Rutherford, New Jersey 10.1 Kansas City, Missouri 10.6 San Francisco/Santa Clara, California 10.6 Cleveland, Ohio 10.5 Minneapolis, Minnesota 10.5 Chicago, Illinois 10.3 Green Bay, Wisconsin 10.0 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 9.5 Washington/Landover, Maryland 9.4 Miami Gardens, Florida 9.2 Cincinnati, Ohio 9.0 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 9.0 Oakland, California 8.8 Seattle, Washington 8.8 Baltimore, Maryland 8.7 Denver, Colorado 8.7 Tampa, Florida 8.3 Nashville, Tennessee 8.0 Jacksonville, Florida 7.8 Charlotte, North Carolina 7.4 San Diego, California 7.0

So Josh should feel comfortable

12 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

Rodgers and his I own you bit against the bears today, had ESPN show stats of qbs vs teams. Wow I understand all the hate to Brady, 32-3 for a .919% against the bills. Dec 12 hopefully we can extract some revenge. 

Josh would have said "WE still own you..."  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

A few random thoughts on yesterdays games:

4) Pats/Cowboys - Pats have to be the best 2-4 team in league history considering all their close games/moral victories against good opponents. Also why I still have reservations facing them twice later this year even though we will likely have the division all but clinched by then but they could damage seeding with an upset of the Bills. Also the Cowboys are another SB caliber team in my mind but they are lucky to have escaped with a win yesterday.

I think we might have to accept the fact that Mac Jones could be a very good quarterback.  I thought he looked excellent yesterday.  No, that doesn't mean the Pats are a threat to the Bills this year (or next), but the Pats might have found a keeper.  He's played the best of all the rookies so far.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think we might have to accept the fact that Mac Jones could be a very good quarterback.  I thought he looked excellent yesterday.  No, that doesn't mean the Pats are a threat to the Bills this year (or next), but the Pats might have found a keeper.  He's played the best of all the rookies so far.

I certainly think he looks capable. I was so impressed by his reaction to the Diggs pick 6. To come out after that and first play take the long shot against Diggs again knowing it was a low percentage throw that is a sign to me that he has the mental makeup for it. I still question a bit his physical limitations but so far he has done okay.

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

He has one good long pass yesterday - and the safety messed up the play.  It should have probably been an INT.

With each passing week, I'm less worried about him.  It's all coaching there now - putting him in position to succeed. He'd be having a hard time on a lot of other teams.

Edited by Success

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I certainly think he looks capable. I was so impressed by his reaction to the Diggs pick 6. To come out after that and first play take the long shot against Diggs again knowing it was a low percentage throw that is a sign to me that he has the mental makeup for it. I still question a bit his physical limitations but so far he has done okay.

By the way, I know he put up monster numbers (again) but I don't think Prescott looks all that great.  He is definitely slower (understandable) and he seems to have lost some of the zip on his ball.  He seems to throw a lot of floaters...interested in your thoughts... 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

He has one good long pass yesterday - and the safety messed up the play.  It should have probably been an INT.

With each passing week, I'm less worried about him.  It's all coaching there now - putting him in position to succeed. He'd be having a hard time on a lot of other teams.

I never said I was "worried" about Jones. But it's silly to pretend he sucks. 

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

I never said I was "worried" about Jones. But it's silly to pretend he sucks. 

Oh, I agree - and the "worry" comment wasn't directed at your post.  I was VERY worried about him when the season started (and started a thread here on that), but I've become less so.  

It's still extremely early for all of these guys, so these kinds of conversations are premature.  But as of today, I'm feeling like he's a typical rookie.  He definitely has a skill set that good coaching can utilize.

31 minutes ago, mannc said:

By the way, I know he put up monster numbers (again) but I don't think Prescott looks all that great.  He is definitely slower (understandable) and he seems to have lost some of the zip on his ball.  He seems to throw a lot of floaters...interested in your thoughts... 

I didn't watch the game last night until the final few moments, I watched AZ and CLE but I think he has played very well so far. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.