Around the League week 6

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, buffblue said:

Have to take issue here. Dallas scored on the 3rd down before the Prescott fumble and amassed over 100 yards in penalties, so the Pats were definitely not hosed lol. 

Jones looks decent, but the main concern coming out was his upside. I believe that remains the case. Borne and Meyers are not quality wideouts even as secondary options - I think Jacobi is at best a strong WR3.

I feel like the roles are reversed and Pats fans are in a position that was all too familiar to Bills supporters - convincing yourself that the personnel on your team is better than it really is.

They were hosed that was an obvious Facemask and the Pats had a TD taken away that would have mad it 21-7 if not for a rather bad call for holding. (And I swear they could have called Dallas on almost every pass play for hands to the face on the guy blocking Judon. Lol).  Also I saw that third down play, I thought he was in but there was not one replay showed it breaking the plain. (He then fumbled on fourth down to blow it) This why it wasn’t challenged. 

Maybe about Borne but everyone seems think of the two signings he was the one with the best potential be a solid 2. (That’s the talking heads saying it) I like Meyers he reminds me a lot of Edelman, as in he catches anything thrown to him.

As for Jones, I’ve heard “he has a weak arm” well he delivered like 4 huge long plays today. One a 45 yard bomb on target and in stride to Bourne.  As for upside, I think that’s year 2 you see that.  I think he was the best fit for the Pats outside of Lawrence. (I can see the other 3 being duds)

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They were hosed that was an obvious Facemask and the Pats had a TD taken away that would have mad it 21-7 if not for a rather bad call for holding. (And I swear they could have called Dallas on almost every pass play for hands to the face on the guy blocking Judon. Lol).  Also I saw that third down play, I thought he was in but there was not one replay showed it breaking the plain. (He then fumbled on fourth down to blow it) This why it wasn’t challenged. 

Maybe about Borne but everyone seems think of the two signings he was the one with the best potential be a solid 2. (That’s the talking heads saying it) I like Meyers he reminds me a lot of Edelman, as in he catches anything thrown to him.

As for Jones, I’ve heard “he has a weak arm” well he delivered like 4 huge long plays today. One a 45 yard bomb on target and in stride to Bourne.  As for upside, I think that’s year 2 you see that.  I think he was the best fit for the Pats outside of Lawrence. (I can see the other 3 being duds)

The Pats are being coached well and are closer to being good than not, but it will take some Jones development to make that happen as they don't score enough points right now. 3 of their 4 losses are one possession and he figured out Brady to the point where New England wins that game if they make a kick. The development of Jones is mirroring the development of Brady, where they're asking him to take what's there and he's been ok at it. Obviously you'd like to see less interceptions.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Time will tell and I appreciate your point of view. I think the facemask was not called because it wasn't an impediment and the pass was pretty much uncatchable. Meyers is a a good player, but you guys are still severely lacking in weaponry. Doesn't seem the Henry/Smith combo is quite as good as hyped either.

Go Bills!

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They didn't build the offense like Baltimore has.  OC is just part of it.  

They lost 4 of them.

Record is a team stat and no matter how many times you say record, it does not indicate if Lamar is a good pocket passer or not.

Yes yes... passing the ball straight over the middle 10 yards or less to a receiver that is 2-4 yards wide open is the most important part of a QBs game.  Tell me what QBS in the league cant make that throw to a receiver that wide open.

You said it was the OC is it or isn’t it?

That means they won 3, but you said teams only play “2 or 3” playoff teams in the regular season where you wrong about that? Could you also be wrong about passing over the middle being easy?

They give the Lombardi Trophy for winning not for pocket passing.

Having played safety I can unequivocal state that passing over the middle is the hardest thing for a QB  a lot of traffic in there. What was your position?

Edited by chris heff

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

You played high school football. Good for you. 

Can you play Natural Science by Rush on the bass? That takes more skill. And it's something I can still do.

You know how to get a bass player off your porch?

Pay for the pizza.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

I'll give you credit. That was good. 

I give you credit, I only wish I could play any musical instrument. It is a talent I do not have. I don’t know if you read the complete exchange between Scott and I, but his contention is that Lamar Jackson is a bad QB because he is a bad pocket passer and can only throw over the middle. The only reason I brought up my less than stellar time as a High School safety is that Scott believes that passing over the middle is easy, because the guy is right in front of you. Nothing could be further from the truth.

3 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I give you credit, I only wish I could play any musical instrument. It is a talent I do not have. I don’t know if you read the complete exchange between Scott and I, but his contention is that Lamar Jackson is a bad QB because he is a bad pocket passer and can only throw over the middle. The only reason I brought up my less than stellar time as a High School safety is that Scott believes that passing over the middle is easy, because the guy is right in front of you. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Not only that, but if a linebacker is sitting 15 or 20 yards deep, you have to have the touch to get it over the linebacker and drop it in before it hits the safety's. Geno had a throw like that tonight, and we all remember Josh's throw against San Francisco last year to Gabe Davis. 

It ain't easy. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

They laughed at me when I benched DK Metcalf in fantasy this week. I think it was the right call

Anyone read this and think of the old magazine ad about playing the piano?

6 hours ago, Draconator said:

But are we really counting Pee Wee?

I  thought  he meant those really small palm sized rubber footballs.

image.jpeg.8cbce76b190098584ffcfb1fad35481a.jpeg

6 hours ago, chris heff said:

It was High School tough guy and you? 

Why do you capitalize 'High School' but not your name?

6 hours ago, Draconator said:

You played high school football. Good for you. 

Can you play Natural Science by Rush on the bass? That takes more skill. And it's something I can still do.

Let me guess...they all laughed at you until you played 'Natural Science' by Rush on the bass.  

6 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

When and how did you become a Bills fan, Gunner?

2002 after visiting family friends who are in California but originally from Buffalo and watching a Bills - Lions pre-season game while there. I have been what I'd consider a "proper" fan from about 2007 when it was first possible to buy a subscription to watch all the games over here. Even then for the first 4 or so years I'd watch without really understanding what I was watching - I understood the basics but I couldn't tell you anything about scheme or line play or any of the nuances. It was about 2011 that I really committed myself to try and learn the game and what makes it work. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

All in all another pretty good day of results for the Bills. Just need to win tomorrow. Would have helped if the Lions could have beat the Bengals but that’s prob asking too much

I actually want Steelers, Browns and Bengals to all be competitive teams so they will cannibalize their wins in that division.  We need a hedge against Baltimore.  What they are doing with all their injuries is miraculous. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.