Around the League week 6

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah to a degree I agree with this, but let's not forget this was the same team that needed a 4th and 19 from deep in their own territory and an NFL record FG as time ran out to beat the Lions.

Also had some very close games where they could easily have 3 losses right now.  Good for them they are 5-1, but until Jackson can show he can overcome a McDermott D I am not overly concerned.

Jackson is exceptional at what he does...but when teams force him to do what he isn't comfortable with he struggles. I still view him as limited in the passing game.

He is still limited in the passing game (although not as limited as I think some of the perception is) and I also don't think they would beat the Bills. It is matchup league and I think that matchup favours the Bills (I also think the Bills have a Quarterback advantage and a - smaller - overall roster advantage). But the Ravens are a brilliantly run organisation from the top down. They are the only AFC team I'd out on a par with the Bills in that regard. That was my point. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

Thats a few really bad throws for Murray already

I think I would enjoy watching him play but the hype just pisses me off. Same with Lamar. Every time they run for a 3 yard gain the announcers tell us what a miracle it was. 

Maybe other fans feel that way when Josh is playing, you don't notice it as much when it's your own guy

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Analytics doesn't account for a lot of things. That's why I hate it sometimes.

I don't think it accounts for momentum, which is huge in a football game.

My biggest problem with the analytics is good offenses go for more 4th downs than bad offenses, right? Because they believe in their ability to convert. So the 4th down conversion rates that then get baked into the modelling are based generally on what decent offenses do. I know there are models that then try and adjust for equitable 3rd down conversions to allow for that but that is only a proxy. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm struggling to understand the Browns' line of thinking with this gameplan.

They are 1st in the league in every rushing category, and the Cardinals are very bad at stopping the run. So the Browns decide to.....come out in empty sets and call a pass-heavy offensive gameplan?

Doesn't make any sense to me. Yes, I know that Chubb is out with an injury. I don't care. Kareem Hunt is more than capable. Dance with what brung ya.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

McCarthy has very little in-game acumen

McCarthy, Stefanski, and Staley all made the same mistake so far today. There's a fine line between being aggressive and being stupid. Most games are decided by less than 7 points and some of these coaches are trying to win the game in the 1st half

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

My biggest problem with the analytics is good offenses go for more 4th downs than bad offenses, right? Because they believe in their ability to convert. So the 4th down conversion rates that then get baked into the modelling are based generally on what decent offenses do. I know there are models that then try and adjust for equitable 3rd down conversions to allow for that but that is only a proxy. 

i think its more down and distance. and the offense ypp vs def ypp. shouldnt be on historical rates of conversion for your above reasoning

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.