Around the League week 6

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wow they turned on Flores quickly in Miami. He is still a damn good coach, he just doesn’t have a good QB. (I know see why the Alabama WR chose Jones over Tua).  I still think Flores is a good coach he just has a crappy QB. 

No, he’s not a good coach. 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Anyone still want to argue with me about Flores being a good head coach?

Said it since he was hired.  The media crowned him and he hadnt done a thing.

See my post, he won 5 straight games with a terrible team, came within a game of making the playoffs last year, this year BAD QB play has killed him.  I say Grier is a terrible GM with the amount of picks he had and he chose the wrong QB two years ago.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Turns out Darnold still sucks without Gase as his head coach. He just threw an awful pick on the first play of the game.

His decision making has gotten worse each game for them. My nephew is a die hard and was so excited seeing Darnold to Moore non stop. But now that defenses are taking Moore away Darnold is struggling. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

See my post, he won 5 straight games with a terrible team, came within a game of making the playoffs last year, this year BAD QB play has killed him.  I say Grier is a terrible GM with the amount of picks he had and he chose the wrong QB two years ago.

It’s entirely possible that they both suck.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I get the feeling that maybe with all the build up of a high scoring game for Ravens-Chargers it's actually going to end up being a defensive grindfest somehow.

I do think that Brown was short on that 3rd down catch, but don't think that the call will be overturned.

Hoping for some points....I bet the over.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Seeing the coverage of the Jags win on the NFL network Urban Meyer walking onto the field looks completely surprised/"that wasn't supposed to happen."

That was a fun movie.

Agree the way he looked , someone needs to check if Meyer's had money on the Fish.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

There's been much written how he's alienated players, benching Fitz last season among other things recall reading.  He may be good with the technical part of job, but seems like from what I've read, may not be the best leader.

Admittedly, you never know how much was on him or the front office, but he seemed to take the blame for it.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Really he took a talentless team to 5-11 and had them within a win of going to the playoffs last year.  This year Tua just can’t make the plays. 

Did Tua play Defense on the last play before the GWFG? Don’t touch the guy down and the clock runs out. Did Tua make the call to go shotgun on 4th &inches meaning 4th & 5?  Did Tua burn back to back timeouts on losing challenges? 
No.

You don’t know what you’re talking about, but make no mistake, I want Flo to stay HC!🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.