Bojo doing Bojo things

Miyagi-Do Karate

On 10/16/2021 at 8:09 PM, BearNorth said:

Knowing McDermott's attention to detail, wondering if his place kick holding was why Bojo is now with his third team.  Sure's he not happy about the game-changing punt block against the Steelers, but Bojo's holding adventures aren't new.

Honestly I have no doubt this is the reason they didn't pony up an offer a couple 100k higher. Haacks not the answer but that's a fairly offseason fix or hell, after the way Bass worked out, take a stud punter late!!!

On 10/16/2021 at 8:57 PM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Does every team use the Punter now? I can't think of any team that uses QB2 for that anymore. But don't know for sure, honestly something I haven't really paid much attention to

pretty much since the kicker, punter, and Long snapper all hang out together.  I could see teams doing it with a core special teamer too, but most of those guys play other positions.  Like i don't want neal to lose reps on defense so we can have him holding FGs for the one time we run a fake or something.

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

pretty much since the kicker, punter, and Long snapper all hang out together.  I could see teams doing it with a core special teamer too, but most of those guys play other positions.  Like i don't want neal to lose reps on defense so we can have him holding FGs for the one time we run a fake or something.

One strategy is to have another guy who can throw some in on the ST unit, like we did to the Pats with Jaquon Johnson last season.  Johnson is a backup Safety and takes most of his snaps on ST each week as the "Personal Protector".  Something the Bills seem to do well is methodically assess the abilities of each player to make other plays (pass, catch, kick).

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One strategy is to have another guy who can throw some in on the ST unit, like we did to the Pats with Jaquon Johnson last season.  Johnson is a backup Safety and takes most of his snaps on ST each week as the "Personal Protector".  Something the Bills seem to do well is methodically assess the abilities of each player to make other plays (pass, catch, kick).

i feel like thats good for fake punts, or even like pooch kicks or something.  How often do you even run a fake FG though?

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He had one season over 80%.  He came out after a  Senior season of barely over 70%.  

As I documented, no problems with Bojo holding after the first month or so of his 2020 season.  You can't (so you didn't) dispute this.

Crosby/Bojo missed zero Pat/FG until las week.  Zero.  Then, in one game, Crosby was missing chip shots.  He was a mess.  Made all 4 kicks today.

You ignore all of the success of 2 kickers between early last year and up to last week and conclude Bojo is a problem--because Bass/Bojo struggled over year ago for a bit.  That's an impossible argument to convincingly make.

How do we know "for sure" one of the many misses was on Bojo?  The OP's article cites struggles of the LS....and notes that Bojo got the laces out ("late", but out).

If you want modify your argument to "Bojo had maybe one (maybe even 2) bad holds since week 6 of 2020", then go right ahead. 

Bass had a 78.9% percentage his first season kicking, then went to 90% and then dropped to 71% his senior season.  Obviously the Bills saw a reason for that drop as something they could correct since they spent a draft pick on him and he's kicking well with the Bills.  You saw the 71% and wrote him off.

As for Bojo, the guy is inconsistent in punting and had that inexplicable fake FG play, and we know his holds haven't all been good.  To ascribe the kicking issues to him isn't far-fetched at all.  Maybe he's thinking too much of Cali or his GF...

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Bass had a 78.9% percentage his first season kicking, then went to 90% and then dropped to 71% his senior season.  Obviously the Bills saw a reason for that drop as something they could correct since they spent a draft pick on him and he's kicking well with the Bills.  You saw the 71% and wrote him off.

As for Bojo, the guy is inconsistent in punting and had that inexplicable fake FG play, and we know his holds haven't all been good.  To ascribe the kicking issues to him isn't far-fetched at all.  Maybe he's thinking too much of Cali or his GF...

You've provided nothing to back this statement up.  He had a few issues over a year ago.  Which holder's holds have "all been good"?

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You've provided nothing to back this statement up.  He had a few issues over a year ago.  Which holder's holds have "all been good"?

I couldn't tell you because I rarely pay attention to them in general.  They're only noteworthy when a snap gets botched.  But in general, I think they do a consistently good job.

Again Jay Feely analyzed Bass' first few misses from last year and said it was a ball orientation issue, which was never an issue with Ferguson in the prior 4 seasons with the Bills...and obviously wasn't on Bass.  Maybe Feely or someone else will analyze what happened in that Packers game, I don't know?  

But in any case, it's too much talk about a punter.  We have a new one and Bass is showing that his senior season was the exception.

• 5 months later...

Instead of re-signing punter Corey Bojorquez, the Packers added longtime former Bears punter Pat O’Donnell. How O’Donnell punts may not have even been the biggest factor in signing him.

“Certainly his consistency, not only as a punter but as a holder,” Gutekunst said of what made O’Donnell appealing. 

https://theathletic.com/3214690/2022/03/28/packers-gm-brian-gutekunst-explains-davante-adams-trade-more-from-nfl-owners-meetings/

Sounds like the Packers also moved on from Bojo in part because of his holding (in)ability too. Seems to be a common thing with him. Wonder why he struggles so much to hold kicks.

Made me think of this scene: 

Not exactly sure why 😂

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://theathletic.com/3214690/2022/03/28/packers-gm-brian-gutekunst-explains-davante-adams-trade-more-from-nfl-owners-meetings/

Sounds like the Packers also moved on from Bojo in part because of his holding (in)ability too. Seems to be a common thing with him. Wonder why he struggles so much to hold kicks.

Some people will still argue it was a mistake to move on, but holding for XP and FG leads to more points than his punting did.  Huge impact on kicking game and it hurt GB most of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Eating too much Bojangles chicken makes your fingers greasy.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Made me think of this scene: 

Not exactly sure why 😂

Funny, it's as if some of us have been saying this for a year now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.