Bojo doing Bojo things

Miyagi-Do Karate

After Mason Crosby missed like 4 kicks last week, I tried to go back and watch a few of the misses. On at least one that I was able to see, I am pretty sure Bojo’s hold was off (laces in or at least not totally out). 

LaFleur took aim at the entire “operation.”  Anyone else catch the holds on these kicks? 

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-hc-matt-lafleur-on-crosby-s-missed-fgs-you-can-t-put-all-of-that-on-maso

Edit: there is also this—

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

After Mason Crosby missed like 4 kicks last week, I tried to go back and watch a few of the misses. On at least one that I was able to see, I am pretty sure Bojo’s hold was off (laces in or at least not totally out). 

LaFleur took aim at the entire “operation.”  Anyone else catch the holds on these kicks? 

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-hc-matt-lafleur-on-crosby-s-missed-fgs-you-can-t-put-all-of-that-on-maso

Well since Bojo has a history here of messing up the hold with a very reliable LS, I'm gonna go Bojo doing Bojo things

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I didn't see it, but if was a bad snap you can't really put it all on him. However with that said, I do recall a few times with Bills he didn't laces out and snap was fine. Anyways, I guess it takes some getting used to having to get ball positioned so quickly like that even when it is a good snap. Lol, bad snap you just got to hope for the best

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The kicker and long snapper are they same as last year.  It's Bojo.

Even with same snapper/kicker, once in a while bad or low snaps can still happen which obviously makes it more difficult for the holder. But as I mentioned I didn't see the actual play  and honestly don't hve much interest to see. I do agree he had trouble at times with it last  season though.

I miss the days of having the 2nd string QB be the holder on PATs and FGs.  Frank Reich used to do it for us.  It would make for the potential for a nice trick play with a QB throwing for a first down or TD on FG attempts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

I miss the days of having the 2nd string QB be the holder on PATs and FGs.  Frank Reich used to do it for us.  It would make for the potential for a nice trick play with a QB throwing for a first down or TD on FG attempts.

Does every team use the Punter now? I can't think of any team that uses QB2 for that anymore. But don't know for sure, honestly something I haven't really paid much attention to

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Wasn't there video of Crosby chewing him out like crazy after his 3rd missed kick?

I know they even mentioned it on the broadcast.

Yeah, I’m surprised there aren’t memes with Crosby’s facial expression following the 3rd miss. He gave Bojo the biggest stink eye I’ve ever seen on a football field. I caught that during the game, and was surprised it didn’t catch on. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

14 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Does every team use the Punter now? I can't think of any team that uses QB2 for that anymore. But don't know for sure, honestly something I haven't really paid much attention to

I asked about this back a little and a poster pointed me to Parcells explaining that it takes too much time to practice that the Backup QB does have with his own practice/meeting to prepare as the back and often running the scout team. So it seems that coaches have determined that's more important than the potential of a trick play since holding requires so much practice time. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I asked about this back a little and a poster pointed me to Parcells explaining that it takes too much time to practice that the Backup QB does have with his own practice/meeting to prepare as the back and often running the scout team. So it seems that coaches have determined that's more important than the potential of a trick play since holding requires so much practice time. 

Ok, well that's understandable. To your trick play comment, just wanted to point out that when opposing teams see the QB2 come out for holding duties instead of the usual punter, I imagine that would alert them to be ready for a trick play. So not sure it would be very successful. Unless for some reason opposing team wouldn't notice a different holder, but I doubt that would happen often, if at all.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

Knowing McDermott's attention to detail, wondering if his place kick holding was why Bojo is now with his third team.  Sure's he not happy about the game-changing punt block against the Steelers, but Bojo's holding adventures aren't new.

I've said that for awhile, think that had a lot to do with it.  As potent as Bills offense was/is missing a FG is probably more important than punting 5 to 10 yards less.

I do think next year they will draft a punter.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Bass is showing now his early misses we’re definitely due to Bojo. That dude could’ve singlehandedly ruined the confidence of the Bills best kicker to come around in a very long time. 

Well I wouldn't say all due to Bojo. I mean he was a rookie and rookie kickers can start out slow. But yeah the times it was a bad hold certainly didn't help.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.