Now that the Bills are the “home team” for all of Wyoming what should we do to embrace these new fans?

Batman1876

7 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

I love that buffalo bills and wyo state flag are so similar. I remember rooting for the bills a little back when buffalo drafted John wendling. Then now with Josh back to being huge bills fan, this time though I've Def fell in love with the bills, will probley always be a bills fan from here on.

Right! WY state flag is basically the standing Buffalo and is red white and blue. No gimmicks needed.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

That's interesting but you know I can't help but feel:

Ha, nice try.  I'm not even going to click that. 

(I think I already saw it. 🤢)

Thankfully, the Rams mostly dominated the Pokes when I went there.  That was ages ago and a lot has changed since.

CSU does lead the overall record 58-48, so there's that.

https://csurams.com/sports/football/opponent-history/university-of-wyoming/16

I've been a huge Josh Allen fan since the first time I saw him play in a Bills uni.  He's already become my all-time favourite Bills player to watch.

Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Buffalo Bill fought in the Indian wars, and scalped an Indian chief

They're not touching any association with Buffalo Bill anymore

It's this that makes me think there will be pressure for the Bills to change their name at some point when the masses actually realize what "Bills" means

14 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I thought Buffalo Bill Cody got canceled earlier this year?

Did he? How did the Bills escape that?

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Another logo with a penis. Why do we do this to ourselves...

That penis looks a lot like a boot

16 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We definitely need to incorporate Buffalo Bill, because our branding makes no sense right now. It completely ignores our team name and focuses only on the city.

I get the cancel culture thing, but Buffalo Bill Cody’s Wild West Show was a HUGE national traveling show over a century ago -before even radio. It was akin to a traveling Disney show and Ralph Wilson being a Motor City guy and having been alive through part of this American entertainment venue put 2 & 2 together, along with the AAFC’s old team name. Innocent enough when taken in context. 
But yeah, it’s a dumb name.

11 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I'm glad that Josh is attracting more people to be Buffalo Bills fans, but as a former Colorado State Ram, I have zero desire in making a connection between the Buffalo Bills and my main university rival. (Wyoming.)

When did we ever do this for another player or college?  Were we huge Miami fans when Jimbo was out QB?  Hell no.

Wyoming fans have always been Denver Bronco fans, because it's a Rocky Mountain regional thing.  I'm sure they'll root for Josh, but they're Bronco supporters, at their core.

Let's go Buffalo and Let's go CSU Rams!

UM (The U) was a true national powerhouse then. Kozar, Testaverde and Jimmy Johnson followed Jimbo. They were televised a lot in our 3 channel town. Just sayin’

11 hours ago, Muppy said:

the san diego padres switch between their old school brown and mustard yellow to camo to blue and gray and white etc. Meh I dunno, having that drastic a color change for a uniform when it relates to just 1 player thats a bit much... maybe a commemorative helmet decal for a special game? I dunno. 

I have it on great authority that the rivalry between Ft Collins and Laramie is legendary....The Rams right? I heard there was a game when Wyoming threw an actual real but dead severed head of a "ram" onto the field lol geez NASTY Much? smh but rivalry Yes Im aware. 

So my dead dolphin in the end zone for Miami games could still happen?😳

6EDBDF87-2CE2-48A3-B75C-50141FBD1C59.webp

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/16/2021 at 1:43 PM, Batman1876 said:

I was looking at the broadcast maps and noticed that thanks to Josh Wyoming is now a Bills market. Given the Buffalo Bill Cody connection this is a match made in heaven what can we do to further build that connection? I have a few ideas. 
1) alternate logo of josh riding a Buffalo that mimics the Wyoming logo

2) alternate yellow and brown jerseys

3) at least use the awesome western wear font they use

4) Billy Buffalo gets a new Buffalo Bill Cody mascot pal

5) a Buffalo bill cody looking guy rides out firing guns in the air, one shot for each point. 
6) new team fight song set to the guy on a Buffalo song/tune. 

I know each of these ideas is a license to print money. What ideas do you have? Also any graphic designers what to mock up that josh riding a Buffalo logo? 

Ummm…..they were Josh fans first ……so……

• Agree 1

On 10/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, LeGOATski said:

Another logo with a penis. Why do we do this to ourselves...

Hey! Penises are cool! Just look at all the Amazon trucks, they all got stylistic penises on them, it’s all the rage, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-allens-mvp-chase-captivates-171500368.html

Oct. 21—LARAMIE — A sea of brown and gold has been a common sight at University of Wyoming football games for over a century, but a couple more colors have been added to the mix in recent years.

Traditional Cowboys attire still dominates the game day environment at War Memorial Stadium.

A sign of support for Josh Allen, who became Wyoming's highest NFL draft pick in 2018 and has since evolved into one of the stars of the league, UW fans can be spotted donning No. 17 Buffalo Billsjerseys in almost any direction you look on Saturdays in Laramie.

"His success has driven Wyoming fans to have something to really be proud of," said Tell Tavegie, a 17-year-old from Newcastle. "He was the first one they could say, 'Look at how well he's done.' UW has had some good players that have made the NFL, but not as standout as Josh is."

I’ve never felt a connection to a pro team prior to being a Bills fan. Truly getting into the NFL has been really fun. I get attached to players other than josh for sure. It hurt when John Brown left, for example. I pay attention to the whole roster and can name every starter on both sides of the ball. Not something I’ve ever been able to do for a pro team. 

Wyoming is an underdog, under appreciated place and I get the feeling that Buffalo is too. Makes Buffalo super easy for me to root for. I feel a kinship. lol. 

I plan on making it out to Buffalo sometime in the next couple years to see the Bills and visit the region! Go Bills!!

need CBS to show all Bills games in our region now 

Edited by LanderPoke
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/16/2021 at 12:43 PM, Batman1876 said:

I was looking at the broadcast maps and noticed that thanks to Josh Wyoming is now a Bills market. Given the Buffalo Bill Cody connection this is a match made in heaven what can we do to further build that connection? I have a few ideas. 
1) alternate logo of josh riding a Buffalo that mimics the Wyoming logo

2) alternate yellow and brown jerseys

3) at least use the awesome western wear font they use

4) Billy Buffalo gets a new Buffalo Bill Cody mascot pal

5) a Buffalo bill cody looking guy rides out firing guns in the air, one shot for each point. 
6) new team fight song set to the guy on a Buffalo song/tune. 

I know each of these ideas is a license to print money. What ideas do you have? Also any graphic designers what to mock up that josh riding a Buffalo logo? 

I think it is Wyoming that needs to prove it's Bills fandom and reassure Bills nation that they're not bandwagon fans purely because of Josh. To do this I suggest

1) They change the name of Jackson Hole to Fred Jackson Hole

2) They change the buffalo on their state flag to the throwback Bills red standing buffalo

3) They put a Bills jersey on the Buffalo Bill Cody statue outside of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, or at least put a Bills helmet on him and give him a foam finger

4) They carve the faces of Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed into Devil's Tower so Bills fans can have their own Mt Rushmore

5) They get Old Faithful to shoot Labatt Blue... this may actually be dangerous, so I'd accept changing the name of Jenny Lake to Genny Cream Ale Lake as a goof, even though I hate that swill

6) They decorate the Grand Tetons with a massive red, white and blue Bills logo'd bra.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.