Now that the Bills are the “home team” for all of Wyoming what should we do to embrace these new fans?

Batman1876

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We definitely need to incorporate Buffalo Bill, because our branding makes no sense right now. It completely ignores our team name and focuses only on the city.

Buffalo Bill fought in the Indian wars, and scalped an Indian chief

They're not touching any association with Buffalo Bill anymore

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Buffalo Bill fought in the Indian wars, and scalped an Indian chief

They're not touching any association with Buffalo Bill anymore

But he spoke of them in great respect according to his travelling show. 😅

Makes his 8-hour buffalo hunting challenge with Bill Comstock seem like he grazed someone's shoulder in a manner they didn't approve of these days.

Edited by The Wiz

I'm glad that Josh is attracting more people to be Buffalo Bills fans, but as a former Colorado State Ram, I have zero desire in making a connection between the Buffalo Bills and my main university rival. (Wyoming.)

When did we ever do this for another player or college?  Were we huge Miami fans when Jimbo was out QB?  Hell no.

Wyoming fans have always been Denver Bronco fans, because it's a Rocky Mountain regional thing.  I'm sure they'll root for Josh, but they're Bronco supporters, at their core.

Let's go Buffalo and Let's go CSU Rams!

• Angry 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

But he spoke of them in great respect according to his travelling show.

Makes his 8-hour buffalo hunting challenge with Bill Comstock seem like he grazed someone's shoulder in a manner they didn't approve of these days.

Listen I'm totally against cancel culture

But if the name Cleveland Indians has to be changed, and Washington Redskins... 

Bill Cody actually scalped a native American... There's no reason he won't be deemed offensive to PC people because of his actions

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Alternate brown and yellow unis would be lit! A bucking buffalo logo and helmet decal to go with it.

the san diego padres switch between their old school brown and mustard yellow to camo to blue and gray and white etc. Meh I dunno, having that drastic a color change for a uniform when it relates to just 1 player thats a bit much... maybe a commemorative helmet decal for a special game? I dunno. 

5 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I'm glad that Josh is attracting more people to be Buffalo Bills fans, but as a former Colorado State Ram, I have zero desire in making a connection between the Buffalo Bills and my main university rival. (Wyoming.)

When did we ever do this for another player or college?  Were we huge Miami fans when Jimbo was out QB?  Hell no.

Wyoming fans have always been Denver Bronco fans, because it's a Rocky Mountain regional thing.  I'm sure they'll root for Josh, but they're Bronco supporters, at their core.

I have it on great authority that the rivalry between Ft Collins and Laramie is legendary....The Rams right? I heard there was a game when Wyoming threw an actual real but dead severed head of a "ram" onto the field lol geez NASTY Much? smh but rivalry Yes Im aware. 

Edited by Muppy

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bill Cody actually scalped a native American... There's no reason he won't be deemed offensive to PC people

I'm not disagreeing with you.  I know that it would get a lot of negative feedback quickly.  Especially being located where the Bills are located.

Which is why just leaving it at as a Buffalo is the smart move.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I'm not disagreeing with you.  I know that it would get a lot of negative feedback quickly.  Especially being located where the Bills are located.

Which is why just leaving it at as a Buffalo is the smart move.

Absolutely. I don't think Bill Cody has been a part of the bills for a long time

The bison is absolutely our symbol

I’m from Wyoming, been a Bills fan since Kelly finally joined to the team. Wyoming absolutely roots for Josh and the team, until they play the Broncos. Majority of folks (as previously stated) are Denver fans still from what I’ve seen. Either way, more people cheering for the Bills is awesome and been much easier to find apparel.

Edited by WyoAZBillfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bill Cody actually scalped a native American... There's no reason he won't be deemed offensive to PC people because of his actions

The NFL celebrates our military (rightfully so, IMO) who are responsible for millions of deaths over the years.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

The NFL celebrates our military (rightfully so, IMO) who are responsible for millions of deaths over the years.

Again cancel culture people, absolutely will not see a difference between things that happened in wartime or peace

If they heard he scalped a native American Indian chief he would be next on The chopping block 

There Is not a doubt in my mind they would come after him next 

And I'm as pro military as you can get.. this is just what would happen

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Again cancel culture people, absolutely will not see a difference between things that happened in wartime or peace

If they heard he scalped a native American Indian chief he would be next on The chopping block 

There Is not a doubt in my mind they would come after him next 

And I'm as pro military as you can get.. this is just what would happen

Most likely you are correct. 

Sad.

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

I'm sure you're a nice guy, but really? Not much else going on in Wyoming, is there.  lol

I'd argue that you're devaluing the character of the American West, and our ever diminishing rural landscapes. 

Cities aren't inherently superior. 

(And I know you're a nice fella as well. We've both been here for a decent chunk of time.)

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I'd argue that you're devaluing the character of the American West, and our ever diminishing rural landscapes. 

Cities aren't inherently superior. 

(And I know you're a nice fella as well. We've both been here for a decent chunk of time.)

I was just making a joke, hence the 'lol' at the end of my comment.  My step daughters fiance is from Wyoming and is therefore a Josh Allen/Bills fan now. He's a great guy, I'm sure there are more like him there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

I was just making a joke, hence the 'lol' at the end of my comment.  My step daughters fiance is from Wyoming and is therefore a Josh Allen/Bills fan now. He's a great guy, I'm sure there are more like him there.

Plenty! I thought you were making some culture-come-to-the-country wisecrack. I was like, I'm just a bills fan with a fly rod and an elk rifle lol. 

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

That's interesting but you know I can't help but feel:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.