Rank The Buffalo Bills Starting QB’s Since Jim Kelly

JohnNord

On 10/16/2021 at 2:00 PM, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Tuel, Peterman, Brohm. God that’s hard to believe. I remember banging the drum for Brohm. I really had a lot to rethink about my ability to judge players. 

I was ON the Tuel Train.  All in.

I can only smile now.  It really does make one appreciate the good times.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I know exactly what happened, I watched it happen. I mean if Flutie had started I don't believe it ever would have come down to that kick. We had a great D that year and I think Flutie would have helped generate more than 16 points.

I give Johnson credit for leading that final drive, even losing his shoe in the process, but he never inspired the offense around him like Flutie did

That's debatable as if you take away RJ's finale the Bills averaged 19.6 points per game in Flutie's 15 starts, 17 on average in his last 5 starts. Either way both less than the 22 the Titans scored on us which still be a loss. Too many people forget Flutie was not the same QB in 1999 as he was in 1998.

Edited by The Jokeman

On 10/16/2021 at 3:30 PM, mushypeaches said:

I don't care what anybody says - watching the gutless wonder, Captain Checkdown, Trent Edwards was a soul-sucking experience.

He may not have the worst record of the bunch, but he was truly the freaking worst

When compared to Alex Van Pelt, Trent Edwards looked like Tom Brady.

15 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I know exactly what happened, I watched it happen. I mean if Flutie had started I don't believe it ever would have come down to that kick. We had a great D that year and I think Flutie would have helped generate more than 16 points.

I give Johnson credit for leading that final drive, even losing his shoe in the process, but he never inspired the offense around him like Flutie did

Flutie was a lot less effective as the 1999 season wore on. The book was out on Flutie by that point, opposing defenses had figured him out and really limited him. 

That said was RJ really a better option than a solved Flutie? I'd say marginally, his ceiling was higher than Fluties. And RJ did walk off the field with the lead. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.