Kliff Kingsbury out for week 6

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This came up for the Browns game in the playoff.  I think there are NFL secure communications protocols that effectively disallow this.

How?  He's not allowed to travel with the team or to be in the stadium.

Maybe.  They'll have the old "us vs. the World" chip on their shoulder

Pretty easy.  He can have multiple views from the broadcast, in the OC booth.  Zooming as a group with his coaching staff.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think all of their corners were hurt last week. I dont know if they are back or not. 

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/cleveland-browns/injuries?gid=2021101709

image.thumb.png.611117c3dd4bd673da940b39ef0e6a80.png

Looks like starting CB Ward and Newsome still "questionable" after being limited all week

Backups Greedy Williams "full" on Fri and has no gametime designation, Troy Hill not on report

Looks like they have their safeties

I dunno enough about Cleveland's D to know how much they stay in Base, who their Nickel and Dime backs are etc.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

C'Mon WEO, I know YOU know better.  Isolation for a contagious disease means isolation, not "isolate only if it isn't professionally inconvenient for me".

Not sure what you’re getting at. He can be at home, in a room by himself (I.e. “isolated”) and in communication with any one or all of his staff watching multiple views (broadcast view,  view from OC box, etc) on multiple screens zooming the whole thing in real time. 

A whole NFL draft was done exactly this way. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Cleveland was able to overcome losing Stepanski in their playoff game last year! 

They made a good point on NFLR today as Stefanski and now Kingsbury are not just quaranteened, they can’t even per NFL policy even communicate with the coaches on the sidelines.  Pat Kirwan’s point was that quarateening due to COVID is fine, but with technology why can’t the HC have IT set up so he can talk to his coaching staff in real time basically coaching virtually.

I agree with Kirwan.  He’s not placing his team at risk by coaching from his home.  Seems like a dumb plan by the NFL.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

C'Mon WEO, I know YOU know better.  Isolation for a contagious disease means isolation, not "isolate only if it isn't professionally inconvenient for me".

Hap, I don’t see why they can’t under secure communications have the coach communicate with his staff in real time from his home.  What’s wrong with that point and the same for all coaches throughout the league.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure what you’re getting at. He can be at home, in a room by himself (I.e. “isolated”) and in communication with any one or all of his staff watching multiple views (broadcast view,  view from OC box, etc) on multiple screens zooming the whole thing in real time. 

A whole NFL draft was done exactly this way. 

I thought you were suggesting putting him in the Coaches Booth at the stadium.  Evidently not.

See my post upthread about the NFL's changes back in 2016 to enhance the security of their game-time communications, and NFL rules against cell phone use.  Maybe it could be done, but I think there's a reason why other coaches who have been out for the game, have just been out for the game (this pre-dates Covid -guys who were undergoing chemo or heart disease workups).

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought you were suggesting putting him in the Coaches Booth at the stadium.  Evidently not.

See my post upthread about the NFL's changes back in 2016 to enhance the security of their game-time communications, and NFL rules against cell phone use.  Maybe it could be done, but I think there's a reason why other coaches who have been out for the game, have just been out for the game (this pre-dates Covid -guys who were undergoing chemo or heart disease workups).

Your post pertained to radio communication in game.  Zoom wouldn’t seem to violate any cell phone prohibition.  Its secure and internet based.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.