I think the Bills play angry and run up the score this week

Inigo Montoya

The Titans talked a lot of smack after they won and then rubbed salt in the wounds by trying to play the victim card over the game being delayed repeatedly when it was the Titans organization violating every single COVID protocol causing the chaos.

The game was on again, off again, on again, off again.  You’re playing the Titans, you’re playing the Chiefs, you’re playing the Titans.  You’re playing Sunday, no Monday, no Tuesday?  It all ended up with a Tuesday 5pm start that disadvantaged the Bills vs the Titans AND the Chiefs last year.  The Bills got screwed and the Titans received no punishment.

It was a crap move by the NFL.  

And then the Titans laughed about it.

I guarantee the Bills are looking to settle a score here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I love the confidence, but we still have to tackle Derrick Henry

Maybe we do ... and maybe we don't.

If the Bills offense is firing on all cylinders, and jump out to a significant lead (and keep pouring it on), they take the Titans' run game out of the equation. I'm more worried about Josh having a bad day, or jumping out to a 14 - 21 point lead early and thinking we can coast for the rest of the game than I am about getting decimated by Derrick Henry.

My game plan for the game if I were the OC (but I'm not) is score early and often and don't let up. Then it becomes the more they run, the more they burn up the clock.

34 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Henry won’t be a big factor, we will account for him, much to his disappointment…, 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There is no argument that the Bills needed to beat the Chiefs this season to prove to themselves that they deserve to be at the top of the AFC going forward.  It was a coming of age type of victory for this team.

I think this game coming up against the Titans is different though.  I think the Bills just want to crush the Titans because they don't like them.  I have no fear of a "let down" performance from the BIlls following their big win against the Chiefs because on some level, they want to beat the Titans even more than they wanted to beat the Chiefs.

Last season's loss to the TItans was harder to take than the loss to the Chiefs was, and I think the Bills have been looking forward to getting some payback ever since the schedule came out.  I think the Bills are going to destroy the Titans on MNF.  McDermott knows what this game means to his players after last year.  This game is going to be a blow out and the Bills won't take their foot off the gas until the final whistle sounds.

I hope so! I hope so!

30 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Titans talked a lot of smack after they won and then rubbed salt in the wounds by trying to play the victim card over the game being delayed repeatedly when it was the Titans organization violating every single COVID protocol causing the chaos.

The game was on again, off again, on again, off again.  You’re playing the Titans, you’re playing the Chiefs, you’re playing the Titans.  You’re playing Sunday, no Monday, no Tuesday?  It all ended up with a Tuesday 5pm start that disadvantaged the Bills vs the Titans AND the Chiefs last year.  The Bills got screwed and the Titans received no punishment.

And the cherry on top was JuJu's Twitter crap.  Screw everyone on that team.  It's a miracle they all don't have COVID again because everyone I know that's whines about dealing with NY laws and mandates wants to run down to Tennessee.

Edited by Amorgus

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Fixed it for you. 😁

This isn't one of those games you greet upon return. We're 5.5 favs in their house. We're suppose to win. The Chiefs were more a monkey off your back, get over the hump situation. The Titans are more like swatting an annoying mosquito.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

You really do not pay much attention to how McDermott has established the culture of the Bills. There is no reason to think that the Bills will look back at that game in the way they did to losing the AFC championship to the Chiefs last season. I expect the Bills will be business like, prepared and the better team. I do not think they will play with any emotional distortion.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

WhaaaaaaT????? That’s crazy. Yeah The fans hate the Titans because of history (primarily Music City Lateral) but the current Bills players? They lost to them in one game last year. It’s more likely that they will have a beef with the cardinals who got lucky on the last play of the game.

reportedly players and coaches were upset about the uncertainty and timing of last years game. All caused by Titans breaking protocol. NFL then coddling them to the point no punishment was handed out after first reports were they would get hard punishment.

Many felt a forfeit was the appropriate penalty.

Then to top if off Titans players played the wo is me, everyone is against us, victim card.  You can't fix stupid. They caused it all.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

WhaaaaaaT????? That’s crazy. Yeah The fans hate the Titans because of history (primarily Music City Lateral) but the current Bills players? They lost to them in one game last year. It’s more likely that they will have a beef with the cardinals who got lucky on the last play of the game.

Think about it, the Bills were getting jerked around with the scheduling of the game, plus they just came off a loss against KC. I didn't specifically hear about the Titans talking trash after the game, but if that is the case, I would love to know what's going through McDermott's head right now. McDermott has every right to be pissed at the Titans since it was their carelessness that put the Bills on short notice. That game should have been postponed at least. 

Just now, cba fan said:

reportedly players and coaches were upset about the uncertainty and timing of last years game. All caused by Titans breaking protocol. NFL then coddling them to the point no punishment was handed out after first reports were they would get hard punishment.

Many felt a forfeit was the appropriate penalty.

Then to top if off Titans players played the wo is me, everyone is against us, victim card.  You can't fix stupid.

OK, but that was last year. It’s ancient history. 

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Think about it, the Bills were getting jerked around with the scheduling of the game, plus they just came off a loss against KC. I didn't specifically hear about the Titans talking trash after the game, but if that is the case, I would love to know what's going through McDermott's head right now. McDermott has every right to be pissed at the Titans since it was their carelessness that put the Bills on short notice. That game should have been postponed at least. 

I highly doubt McDermott has devoted much of any time to it. As a matter of fact, it’s probably safe to say he has devoted exactly zero minutes to it. It is tangential to the team’s goal of winning. 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

OK, but that was last year. It’s ancient history. 

I highly doubt McDermott has devoted much of any time to it. As a matter of fact, it’s probably safe to say he has devoted exactly zero minutes to it. It is tangential to the team’s goal of winning. 

Yeah nobody is focusing on it, but that in no way means it isn't absolutely fuel in the fire.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah nobody is focusing on it, but that in no way means it isn't absolutely fuel in the fire.

The Bills won in KC because they put the right players on the field. They did so by having a specific plan to build the roster and to draft players according to analysis against a profile.  The Bills were exceptionally aware of KC’s tendencies, the knowledge of tendencies most likely came about as a result of intensive film study. The Bills put together an excellent game plan to leverage their players skills and to negate KC’s tendencies. The Bills players worked very well together as a team in all three phases of the game. They were well coached and prepared to do so. After all of that, did they play with some emotion? Sure.

Now look at TN, do you think the Bills will win because they get “pissed off” about the events of last year. Yeah being angry about it might cause them to run on to the field faster after exiting the tunnel to begin the game. Once Derrick Henry smashes his large frame into the defensive line the emotion really doesn’t matter. What will is the Bills game plan, preparation and execution. 

Emotion matters a lot more to the fans.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think people are making too much of the 'revenge' angle against the Titans. Yes it was their worst game of the regular season last year but it's not like they were bounced by them in the playoffs like the Chiefs.

With that said, the Titans are getting healthy and I do expect this to be a closer contest with the Bills possibly even needed to win the game deep into the 4th quarter but I do think they are the better team and should win period. Plus you don't want to overstate how big of a deal it is to go into the bye week on a 5 game winning streak with serious momentum.

I agree that alot of fans seem to be taking some of these games a bit to personally.  The Bills don't need to play angry they just play focused and their natural abilities shine.  I think this team has that mentality of give us your best shot and then you better duck. They are confident but alert to prevent let downs.  They will play with a physical edge if the opponents think they can intimidate the Bills.  And when opponents look over at our players off or def there are 2 or more big dudes that they won't wanna be messing with.   Don't think gronk would get away with that dirty hit on white with this team.  I think this team just studies their next opponent well and has the right plan and skillsets to get the job done by being calm and calculating.  No anger needed.  

1 hour ago, Gen2 said:

Maybe we do ... and maybe we don't.

If the Bills offense is firing on all cylinders, and jump out to a significant lead (and keep pouring it on), they take the Titans' run game out of the equation. I'm more worried about Josh having a bad day, or jumping out to a 14 - 21 point lead early and thinking we can coast for the rest of the game than I am about getting decimated by Derrick Henry.

My game plan for the game if I were the OC (but I'm not) is score early and often and don't let up. Then it becomes the more they run, the more they burn up the clock.

I don't see our offense letting up in this game, even if their defense gets so banged up, Vrabel has to put a helmet on. After that hail mary last year, the Bills don't seem to be letting up on anyone.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills won in KC because they put the right players on the field. They did so by having a specific plan to build the roster and to draft players according to analysis against a profile.  The Bills were exceptionally aware of KC’s tendencies, the knowledge of tendencies most likely came about as a result of intensive film study. The Bills put together an excellent game plan to leverage their players skills and to negate KC’s tendencies. The Bills players worked very well together as a team in all three phases of the game. They were well coached and prepared to do so. After all of that, did they play with some emotion? Sure.

Now look at TN, do you think the Bills will win because they get “pissed off” about the events of last year. Yeah being angry about it might cause them to run on to the field faster after exiting the tunnel to begin the game. Once Derrick Henry smashes his large frame into the defensive line the emotion really doesn’t matter. What will is the Bills game plan, preparation and execution. 

Emotion matters a lot more to the fans.

ah I see your point emotion has nothing to do with this game my mistake. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 2

Luckily we have a coaching staff that has the right approach.  Yes they lost last year, so the beef they had was with themselves and not getting the job done. 

This year they will push themselves to not fall short again.  Doesnt matter if its Henry on the other side, if their not wearing the Bills colors they aren't getting a free pass. So bring it. Oh and running up the score well they just go about doing their jobs and score is totally dependent on how often they can stop these Bills. 

Teams playing our Bills have to score against the #1 defense in multiple areas, and if they manage that they also better be able to stop the #1 offense and they haven't even taken it out for a test drive.

At the moment its like they have just been revving the engine waiting for the right time to  open full throttle and blast thru the remainder of the season with no apologies as we claim that lombardi.

Edited by AuntieEm

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

I never get overly confident, because, well……ya know…. 

Having said that, I don’t think in a million years they would admit to wanting to run it up, and I also don’t doubt for a skinny minute that they are actually thinking it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.