In Depth look at win vs Chiefs - Bills vs Chiefs highlights with a bit of a different perspective.. definitely worth the watch.

CorkScrewHill

3 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Diggs would have had a 75 yard TD if Allen had led him on that deep throw.

I've tried to make that point all week, but people keep saying no, Diggs was so wide open that the important thing was just to get the ball to him.  I say, that's nuts. This is Diggs, the best WR in the game or one of the very best.  If Allen leads Diggs he catches the ball easily and walks in.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Eric wood said the same thing on the Monday morning show. 

If a guy is that open, just put it up there and let him adjust, don't try to hit him on the run. 

Wood is a pretty good color guy, but he's also a cheerleader. That play was seven points there for the taking, and the Bills settled for three.  Of course that ended up not being important, but you still have to maximize your opportunities.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

What was she talking about, the oranges in the lockeroom were  fire?  WTH

On the broadcast, she said that that meant they were very good.

21 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I've tried to make that point all week, but people keep saying no, Diggs was so wide open that the important thing was just to get the ball to him.  I say, that's nuts. This is Diggs, the best WR in the game or one of the very best.  If Allen leads Diggs he catches the ball easily and walks in.  

that throw was fine. josh has had overthrown deep ball issues the last year or so but it looks like he is working out of it. 

imagine this board if he overthrew him there.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

When a guy is THAT wide open 50 plus yards down the field, the last thing you want to see is an overthrow.

Allen, despite what some here think, made the absolute proper, safe throw to secure an absolutely huge gain.

My intent wasn't to criticize the throw, I was reacting to the comment about keeping Diggs happy.  Not sure I agree with the "safe throw" logic.  When has Allen been one to play it safe?

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Wood is a pretty good color guy, but he's also a cheerleader. That play was seven points there for the taking, and the Bills settled for three.  Of course that ended up not being important, but you still have to maximize your opportunities.

On the broadcast, she said that that meant they were very good.

Not many guys can get it 55 yards down the field even in the vicinity of the receiver. It was a great play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

He's also a former player so I'd trust what he's saying. 

This isn't the first time this has happened either, not just Josh but in the league. 

You see them loft it up to wide open guys all the time so they can adjust to the pass.  The difference in this one was I think Diggs didn't realize the defender was coming from so far to the left and saw him at the last second before turning up field. 

1 hour ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

My intent wasn't to criticize the throw, I was reacting to the comment about keeping Diggs happy.  Not sure I agree with the "safe throw" logic.  When has Allen been one to play it safe?

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a play picking up 61 yards deemed as playing it safe.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What was she talking about, the oranges in the lockeroom were  fire?  WTH

I assume that means they were really good as opposed to the bad PBJ ratios, but I'm pretty old and even when I was young, not much up on popular lingo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

that throw was fine. josh has had overthrown deep ball issues the last year or so but it looks like he is working out of it. 

imagine this board if he overthrew him there.

I agree.  I said prior to the game...

I thought the key would be Allen not missing on the 2-3 opportunities for a big play.  Turns out he had about 4 shots and connected on every single one.  That’s huge!   He didn’t over throw any of them... perhaps he under threw a little.  I’ll take that any game and all game. It was a 61 yard gain! That’s the kind of play that breaks a defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

On the other hand, I remember Sanders being that wide open early in the Steelers game.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Diggs would have had a 75 yard TD if Allen had led him on that deep throw.

Maybe.  But when Josh misses those deep throws long, everyone is "he needs to throw it where the WR can adjust for it"

Then when he throws it where the WR can adjust for it, "he needs to lead him"

It was a nasty weather night with wind picking up/variable at that point.

17 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

On the other hand, I remember Sanders being that wide open early in the Steelers game.

Ex.Act.Ly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

How luxurious is our position that we’ve beat the chiefs in KC by 18 and we’re arguing whether our QB could’ve led our wide open receiver a few more yards for a TD instead of a 50 yard gain. 

Kinda maddening, actually

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Not many guys can get it 55 yards down the field even in the vicinity of the receiver. It was a great play.

Good point. Let's say a perfect pass, hitting Diggs in stride, would have been 2 yards further. That's less than a 4% error. Not too shabby.

16 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

How luxurious is our position that we’ve beat the chiefs in KC by 18 and we’re arguing whether our QB could’ve led our wide open receiver a few more yards for a TD instead of a 50 yard gain. 

Check out my blog for a 2,500 word essay on how Josh failing to lead Diggs on that catch is directly related to the Eichel situation and they’re all doomed. 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Check out my blog for a 2,500 word essay on how Josh failing to lead Diggs on that catch is directly related to the Eichel situation and they’re all doomed. 

Ertz would have made a better adjustment than Diggs did. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

I honestly thought the reason the digg’s stumble was that he was going to taunt a bit, and didn’t realize how close a defender was to him.  I’m not trying to be critical…just the first thought that jumped into my head when it happened. 

20 minutes ago, teef said:

I honestly thought the reason the digg’s stumble was that he was going to taunt a bit, and didn’t realize how close a defender was to him.  I’m not trying to be critical…just the first thought that jumped into my head when it happened. 

That’s exactly what happened. No doubt in my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.