Josh Allen on Rich Eisen show - 11 minutes

CorkScrewHill

C'mon Rich!

When was the last time you paid for a meal?  Really?

Great interview. Loved when he asked,  Josh winning against the Chiefs had to mean something extra for you and your team mates right?

Josh: Yeah, it meant we won our 4th game of the season.

Rich: C'mon Josh, I can't accept that for an answer.

Because Rich likes to refer to Josh as the Mandalorian on his show it would of been so cool if Josh answered,

Well Rich, This Is The Way....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Does he say he had Covid?  It's about at the 5 minute mark.... but it doesn't really fit the context of the conversation.  I've listened to that part like 5 times and I swear he says "...having had covid..."  It would make much more sense for him to have said --with covid--

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, loedward22 said:

Does he say he had Covid?  It's about at the 5 minute mark.... but it doesn't really fit the context of the conversation.  I've listened to that part like 5 times and I swear he says "...having had covid..."  It would make much more sense for him to have said --with covid--

Yeah, I heard that -- is this the first time that was acknowledged?

I don't know...  I think that he means it more in a we, or a societal context, as in the way we have all been through covid as a societal experience.  It has impacted everything and we have all been through it, whether we had the virus individually or not, it has certainly impacted us all.  In speaking of the prep for last season in particular when the impact was far greater, this would make a great deal of sense.

Edited by cwater10
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

I don't know...  I think that he means it more in a we, or a societal context, as in the way we have all been through covid as a societal experience.  It has impacted everything and we have all been through it, whether we had the virus individually or not, it has certainly impacted us all.  In speaking of the prep for last season in particular when the impact was far greater, this would make a great deal of sense.

I considered that too.... weird way to say it.  Maybe because he was in an interview and fumbled words...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Great interview.   

Thank you for posting.

I like Rich Eisen in general, but his interview style is very good.  Slow speech pattern without extra words.  You got the sense that Rich was liking the substance of Josh's answers and Josh is soon to get a Rich Eisen Show hat.  I suppose when he shows up on camera wearing that, much of Bills Mafia will want one of those too.  On another note, let the man finish a meal in public without interruption, for crying out loud.  Pick your spots people.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, cwater10 said:

Josh had said previously that the COVID lockdown experience was good for his off season training.  It kept him and his cohorts isolated and focused on task.  So, I'm with you, that's how I heard this answer this time too but there are some words missing that would make that clear.  Hmmm.  Interesting.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Yeah, I heard that -- is this the first time that was acknowledged?

He did say "having hand Covid", but in the context he may not have meant himself. He may have meant 'having had to deal with Covid during the season.'

Josh isn't always precise with his words and mixes things up from time to time. 

Edited by Motorin'

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

C'mon Rich!

When was the last time you paid for a meal?  Really?

Great interview. Loved when he asked,  Josh winning against the Chiefs had to mean something extra for you and your team mates right?

Josh: Yeah, it meant we won our 4th game of the season.

Rich: C'mon Josh, I can't accept that for an answer.

Because Rich likes to refer to Josh as the Mandalorian on his show it would of been so cool if Josh answered,

Well Rich, This Is The Way....

Would've been epic. This is one of those things that you think of after you responded and go damn, wish I said that instead. Literally happens to me all the time.

Josh refusing to make and fuss about the KC game?

It tells me he, Diggs and the rest of this team internalized the AFC CG loss and they KNOW there is only one goal. Everything else is just fluff that means nothing without accomplishing the goal.

This is like living in a fantasy land as a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, loedward22 said:

My guess is he was referring to last season and specifically all the issues surrounding the Titans game. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.