REAL REASON FOR TITANS LOSS: Bills want no part of Sabres bad juju

DrDawkinstein

27 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I remember the Sabres being first in the league a quarter of the way through the season two years in a row a couple years ago before crashing all the way to the bottom both times.  Wake me up when they make the playoffs.

This is basically how I have felt the past several years. But I've come to an agreement with myself. Until they earn it over time, I won't get TOO emotionally invested in the Sabres. So if/when they crash and burn, I won't be crushed. But since they haven't given us much to celebrate in quite awhile, I'll enjoy whatever ride I get for my very low investment. I have streamed a couple games so far this season, which is unusual for me this time of year. If I lived near the area, I'd be going to some games. Probably not a season ticket holder, but definately catching some games in person.

As it is I hope to see then play Tampa later in the year. I was hoping they'd be there sometime close to the Bills game, but no dice. Maybe Tampa Downs will be open when the Sabres are there so I can do a track/hockey duo.

On 10/21/2021 at 10:28 AM, Bob in STL said:

I am surprised at how many Bills fans are not Sabres fans at all.  Not even casual fans. 

Ten years of the Sabres sucking has taken a big toll but I thought Buffalo fans in general had a higher level of loyalty?   

In the Sabres 40 years prior to the Pegula reign, the Sabres were the better run and more consistent franchise, especially when under The Knox Family.  

If you live in WNY i'd say 85% of people you come across are still true Sabres fans.  I feel transplants have always stuck with the Bills but are a bit more casual with the Sabres.

14 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Honestly like the way the Sabres are playing right now.

One things for sure, Granato is getting these guys to play well enough to watch and be entertaining. 

Granato = McDermott on Ice Skates

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

We have seen this movie before where they have a very strong start and then fade into a giant heap.  But it is better than the alternative.  Enjoying the ride for now. 

except the cry babies dont play for this sabres team anymore....they actually show up each game and WORK....  not skate around hoping nobody touches them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.