REAL REASON FOR TITANS LOSS: Bills want no part of Sabres bad juju

DrDawkinstein

35 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I don't understand this thread at all.

I always rooted for the Bills when they sucked and I'll always root for the Sabres regardless of how long it takes for them to be good again. I used to sneak a transistor radio under my pillow to listen to Bison games before the Sabres even existed. I've been a fan since they began and will be as long as they exist.

I'm pretty sure the Sabres have nothing to do with the Bills success or failure and I would be psyched if both teams have a great season.

I'm also pretty sure the Sabres didn't design the Bills soft underneath coverage with the safety 20 yards deep and everyone standing behind the line to gain on 3rd down.

1) Correct........you have no sense of humor about the worst team in pro sports for the last decade.   

2) If you are such a big fan.........where are your Sabres season tickets located during these lean attendance times when it is so desperately needed?  As soon as the coin in the coffer rings,  your soul to super fandom springs!   Tangible proof of your fan greatness or it's probably a lie.   Hokey stories about listening to games on transistor radios doesn't help make payroll. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Perhaps I’m naive but it is better than the alternative. 

I doubt they make any kind of serious run for the playoffs (even with an Eichel trade) but it'll be fun to see a young team grow together.  The arena won't feel like a funeral parlor at least.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I'm pretty sure the Sabres have nothing to do with the Bills success or failure and I would be psyched if both teams have a great season.

I'm also pretty sure the Sabres didn't design the Bills soft underneath coverage with the safety 20 yards deep and everyone standing behind the line to gain on 3rd down.

Don't be so sure. Remember, we're One Buffalo

I am surprised at how many Bills fans are not Sabres fans at all.  Not even casual fans. 

Ten years of the Sabres sucking has taken a big toll but I thought Buffalo fans in general had a higher level of loyalty?   

In the Sabres 40 years prior to the Pegula reign, the Sabres were the better run and more consistent franchise, especially when under The Knox Family.  

22 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I am surprised at how many Bills fans are not Sabres fans at all.  Not even casual fans. 

Ten years of the Sabres sucking has taken a big toll but I thought Buffalo fans in general had a higher level of loyalty?   

In the Sabres 40 years prior to the Pegula reign, the Sabres were the better run and more consistent franchise, especially when under The Knox Family.  

I am surprised at how sensitive and serious Sabres fans here are over a joke about the two teams we love.

The Sabres have stunk (real bad) for some time now. Something we're all in together. If we cant laugh at it, what can we do?

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I am surprised at how sensitive and serious Sabres fans here are over a joke about the two teams we love.

The Sabres have stunk (real bad) for some time now. Something we're all in together. If we cant laugh at it, what can we do?

I am not sensitive about it but I don’t laugh at it either.  It pains me to see it.   

Ten years of terrible hockey, no identity, and a dead arena - pretty much wipes out a generation of young fans.  

I sure hope Adams and Granato are the answer.  

Edited by Bob in STL

On 10/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, Bob in STL said:

I am not sensitive about it but I don’t laugh at it either.  It pains me to see it.   

This is literally the definition of being sensitive about it.

You are a mess of emotion about these teams............just suck it up and move back to WNY and live it every day.   That should cure you of your guilt-driven mania. :lol:

• Disagree 1

19 hours ago, GreggTX said:

The Sabres are playing well these days. They're 4-1-1. 4 wins and 2 losses.

I know the hot start all too well, when it comes to the Sabres. So I don't put a lot of stock in it continuing.  But I might as well enjoy the "success" while I can. Go Sabres!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.