REAL REASON FOR TITANS LOSS: Bills want no part of Sabres bad juju

DrDawkinstein

18 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Was attendance bad again?

It was pretty low.  It was kids day today also but was a 1pm game on a Saturday so who knows.

I'd say it was about half full.  We were up in the 300's 4th to last row and by the second period just got up and went and sat down in the 100s because there were so many empty seats.

My friend was with a group in 310 or 311 and I could see him clearly from 316  because there were only about 10 other people in his section.

16 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

I heard 7800

Yup

On a four-game homestand to start the season, attendance was announced at 7,872, well below KeyBank Center’s 19,200 capacity and down from 8,467 on opening night in Buffalo.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/401349154

Pitiful. But then again, it's October (way too early to start hockey, IMO) and the team has sucked for some time. Still a bit embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

It was pretty low.  It was kids day today also but was a 1pm game on a Saturday so who knows.

I'd say it was about half full.  We were up in the 300's 4th to last row and by the second period just got up and went and sat down in the 100s because there were so many empty seats.

My friend was with a group in 310 or 311 and I could see him clearly from 316  because there were only about 10 other people in his section.

What do you expect when half of Buffalo is in Nashville 😎

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Yup

Pitiful. But then again, it's October (way too early to start hockey, IMO) and the team has sucked for some time. Still a bit embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

Yup

Actually,  7800 is a pretty impressive showing of fans for indisputably the worst performing and arguably the least entertaining team in pro sports over the last decade.   

• Agree 1

On 10/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, TBBills said:

Don't worry the Sabres do this every year and people fall for it every time.

It has happened a couple of times but it's definitely not every year. Last year they lost 18 games in a row, maybe you are confusing that. 

• Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

It has happened a couple of times but it's definitely not every year. Last year they lost 18 games in a row, maybe you are confusing that. 

I'm heavily invested in the a Sabres this year because I think Don Granato is the Sean McDermott the team has needed since Lindy Ruff. And two games in my ridiculous belief them is being rewarded. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

Not at the start of the season. They went 9-3 to start the season.

The season before (2019)... 9-3 start.

Edited by TBBills

• DrDawkinstein changed the title to REAL REASON FOR TITANS LOSS: Bills want no part of Sabres bad juju
On 10/16/2021 at 7:01 PM, The Dean said:

Yup

Just remember, the number announced is ticket sales, not bodies in the building.

The real number was a bit over 6,000 as far as  I can determine.

These "announced" numbers are basically telling you how many season ticket holders there are, more or less.

On a positive note, if the team plays this way every game and sticks around a playoff position in the standings, the word will grow that they are worth watching again, and crowds will return.

3-0

Great game by the Sabres

I don't understand this thread at all.

I always rooted for the Bills when they sucked and I'll always root for the Sabres regardless of how long it takes for them to be good again. I used to sneak a transistor radio under my pillow to listen to Bison games before the Sabres even existed. I've been a fan since they began and will be as long as they exist.

I'm pretty sure the Sabres have nothing to do with the Bills success or failure and I would be psyched if both teams have a great season.

I'm also pretty sure the Sabres didn't design the Bills soft underneath coverage with the safety 20 yards deep and everyone standing behind the line to gain on 3rd down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.