REAL REASON FOR TITANS LOSS: Bills want no part of Sabres bad juju

DrDawkinstein

45 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Been a Sabres fan since year 1 and I don't expect a lot of wins this year.  I do want to see a well coached team playing to get better.

Year one of the Sabres "process" is my hope.  Good luck especially to the kids!

Go Sabres!

I just don't know where they turn for any kind of scoring. 

I mean they ask Paul Hamilton who you should get excited about, and the answer is always the same Dylan Cozens. 

He had 4 goals in 41 games last year. Cole Caufield was a scoring machine and fell in that same Draft, he had4 goals in 10 games, and a boatload more in the Playoffs. 

Middelstadt is suddenly going to explode? Skinner is a 40-goal guy again? 

It's slim slim pickings, and the Sabres keep winning the lottery when there is a Franchise Defenseman at #1 overall in the Draft, no Crosby, no McDavid, no Matthews type player.  

The Sabres are stuck where the Bills used to be, with a rotten culture.  Nothing will overcome that except leadership and success.  The Bills did a great job hiring McBeane, and they did a great job keeping Kyle Williams and getting Lorax to teach the younger players how to do things.  Also McBeane purged a lot of bad attitudes (Dareus I'm looking at you).  McBeane shifted the culture AND brought in a stream of good players.  Lightning struck and we are all trying to get used to this.

Lightning seldom strikes twice in the same place however.  The older players on the Sabres were/are a cancer, and the ones we should have kept (O'Reilly) couldn't stand it here because of the bad attitude.  I think it's all been downhill since the Sabres let Drury and Briere walk at the same time, TBH.  What's left now looks like the start of a core with good attitudes and team-first goals.  Let's see how long they can keep that up when the losing sets in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, transient said:

They could have at least given each one of the Pegula designed "BS" hats to wear...

https://www.sabrespace.com/community/topic/29084-kelly-pegula-designed-a-sabres-hat-and-wow-just-wow/

Huh, it appears this wasn't the hit they thought it'd be, so it's no longer available on the One Buffalo website, but there's a great picture of it in the first post on the second page of the thread. :lol:

🤣

Those are simply awesome, in the wrong way of course. I'm shocked if they didn't sell out immediately.  Better than wearing a paper bag, IMO

Just now, Beast said:

And, yet, the Sabres have employed numerous first time GM's and HC's so I don't quite know what the point of your post is.

I don't know about the Sabres but many other teams just keep giving important positions to unqualified former players over and over and over.  The Flyers are poster children for this crap.  if you take a puck to the face for their team once, you too can eventually become the coach of their AHL affiliate. These are the types of guys that go nuts over blowing picks for 4th line plugs because of HEART and GRIT.

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I just don't know where they turn for any kind of scoring. 

I mean they ask Paul Hamilton who you should get excited about, and the answer is always the same Dylan Cozens. 

He had 4 goals in 41 games last year. Cole Caufield was a scoring machine and fell in that same Draft, he had4 goals in 10 games, and a boatload more in the Playoffs. 

Middelstadt is suddenly going to explode? Skinner is a 40-goal guy again? 

It's slim slim pickings, and the Sabres keep winning the lottery when there is a Franchise Defenseman at #1 overall in the Draft, no Crosby, no McDavid, no Matthews type player.  

@Utah John post above says it all for my take.  This year it's going to be rough but it's about whether HC Granato and GM Kevyn Adams are the future

or not.  They can't keep rotating in GMs and HCs.  

9 minutes ago, Amorgus said:

I just remembered you poor souls are going to have a front row seat to the Robert Hagg show. Curious what you folks thought of that Risto trade because I think many of us felt taken to the woodshed.

Hagg is starting as a 3rd pairing D.  He will be gone most likely next year.  As for the trade I guess it will depend how Risto fits in but it was

surprising to get a 1st and a 2nd.

11 minutes ago, Amorgus said:

I just remembered you poor souls are going to have a front row seat to the Robert Hagg show. Curious what you folks thought of that Risto trade because I think many of us felt taken to the woodshed.

I remember the consensus being Buffalo folk couldn’t believe they got a first round pick for Risto after all the data on him not helping your team win.

With that said he ate a lot of minutes.

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

@Utah John post above says it all for my take.  This year it's going to be rough but it's about whether HC Granato and GM Kevyn Adams are the future

or not.  They can't keep rotating in GMs and HCs.  

Personally, I think they need to bring in an experienced president of hockey operations, not so much to oversee the GM/HC, but more to insulate the GM/HC from the owners' hockey naivete and let them do their jobs.

Edited by transient
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, transient said:

Personally, I think they need to bring in an experienced president of hockey operations, not so much to oversee the GM/HC, but more to insulate the GM/HC from the owners' hockey naivete and let them do their jobs.

What's Grapes doing nowadays? 🤔

image.thumb.jpeg.5f91c3287a55e3faf3dcb2499417c240.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transient said:

It would have been interesting to see how LaFontaine fared if he had stayed...  I despise the Bruins almost as much as the Pats*** but you can't argue with the success they have had with Neely and now Don Sweeney in the front office.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

PSE made these guys hold this sign for the Sabres, and I’ve never seen such forced smiles and “ickyness”. Josh won’t even hold the sign in his throwing had and barely by two fingers. I hope they all used hand sanitizer after.

You can tell which one of those dudes ain't got the long term contract yet.

Seriously though @DrDawkinstein..........don't sh*t where we eat!   Sabres talk is hilarious but way too gross and disturbing for this noble forum.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Been a Sabres fan since year 1 and I don't expect a lot of wins this year.  I do want to see a well coached team playing to get better.

Year one of the Sabres "process" is my hope.  Good luck especially to the kids!

Go Sabres!

We are only on our third rebuild in ten years. They let an up and coming goalie in our pipeline go for a 6th and nothing of any quality between the pipes. The entire organization from the top down is garbage.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

PSE made these guys hold this sign for the Sabres, and I’ve never seen such forced smiles and “ickyness”. Josh won’t even hold the sign in his throwing had and barely by two fingers. I hope they all used hand sanitizer after.

This is the best period of Sabres hockey I have whitenesses since the early 2000’s. Looks like Eichel and Coaching were the problem.  Leadership and teamwork are more important to a team than star power. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Hagg is starting as a 3rd pairing D.  He will be gone most likely next year.  As for the trade I guess it will depend how Risto fits in but it was

surprising to get a 1st and a 2nd.

Hopefully you guys can make him a #7 ASAP unless he has some miraculous recovery. He's the guy that chases hits and takes himself out of position because he has no other talents. The fact that you guys got those high picks made most of us on my hockey forum scream with rage when it should've been Parade Day that Hagg was leaving. Please turn them into something good so there'll be more ammo to fire Chuck Fletcher into the nearest mediocre star. 

I've picked up my dogs poop with a better grip than Josh had on that sign! Don't blame him, Ewwww!

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

What's Grapes doing nowadays? 🤔

image.thumb.jpeg.5f91c3287a55e3faf3dcb2499417c240.jpeg

Super Dave Osborne! Awesome! Old school, that bit was Freaking Hilarious!

18 minutes ago, Amorgus said:

Hopefully you guys can make him a #7 ASAP unless he has some miraculous recovery. He's the guy that chases hits and takes himself out of position because he has no other talents. The fact that you guys got those high picks made most of us on my hockey forum scream with rage when it should've been Parade Day that Hagg was leaving. Please turn them into something good so there'll be more ammo to fire Chuck Fletcher into the nearest mediocre star. 

Hagg already has 3 blocked shots on PKs.  He is looking good tonight so far.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.