The Ranch or Blue Cheese debate can now be put to rest.

Gen2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/humans-were-already-enjoying-blue-cheese-and-beer-2-700-years-ago-study/ar-AAPtyyi?ocid=msedgntp

Blue Cheese has history on it's side and the accompanying "street cred", whereas Ranch was invented in the 60s and is a Johnny come lately to the culinary arts. I see it kind of like a fan who has been cheering for the Bills since their inception, vs a fan who jumped on the bandwagon last year because the Bills were doing well.

just sayin'

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Bleu cheese lover here, but I can honestly understand why some people would be turned off by it, even if they might enjoy the taste (especially with wings).

Consider that Wikipedia describes bleu cheese in part as...

..."The distinct smell comes from both the mold and types of bacteria encouraged to grow on the cheese: for example, the bacterium Brevibacterium linens is responsible for the smell of many blue cheeses, as well as foot odor and other human body odors."

I mean, if I didn't grow up on bleu cheese and was considering it today... if I read that first, it would probably be a no.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Not true at all. People were making chicken wings way before the Anchor Bar. 

And I'm positive that if they keep digging through that fecal sample they would find remnants of chicken. I'd even go so far that if they searched the cave they'd find a Richie Lucas poster of him leaping a defender on the cave wall.

That pooper was definitely the worlds first Bills fan. 

IM HERE TO KILL THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!

the problem is perception. I'm a buffalo transplant to the south, and everyone here thinks blue cheese is disgusting... and THEYRE RIGHT! Blue cheese is kind of expensive to keep on hand and anywhere that isn't buffalo uses that gross packet kind. No chunks, just gross dressing. 

It's an abomination! Unfortunately I've had to become a ranch guy since I moved. I long for my next buffalo visit, and to be reunited with my long lost culinary tantalization that is, REAL blue cheese

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

What are you talking about? There was never a legitimate debate. Ever. Blue Cheese has always dominated. Like the previous poster said, it's got to be a good dressing. Don't expect to go into the grocery store and pickup something like Wishbone brand and expect it to be good. Gotta get the good stuff. Me personally, I make my own dressing/

Edited by Rockinon

26 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/humans-were-already-enjoying-blue-cheese-and-beer-2-700-years-ago-study/ar-AAPtyyi?ocid=msedgntp

Blue Cheese has history on it's side and the accompanying "street cred", whereas Ranch was invented in the 60s and is a Johnny come lately to the culinary arts. I see it kind of like a fan who has been cheering for the Bills since their inception, vs a fan who jumped on the bandwagon last year because the Bills were doing well.

just sayin'

You know there is this sub-forum called “off the wall”.

Just sayin’.  

Edited by BTB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BTB said:

You know there is this sub-forum called “off the wall”.

Just sayin’.  

Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities, I was just trying to add a bit of humor to the forum.

My bad

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.