Besides JA, predict which player will make the biggest impact - Bills at Titans

BillsFan619

On 10/14/2021 at 11:09 AM, BillsFan619 said:

Derrick Henry is the Titans best offensive player. The Bills have done pretty good against him the past three games. If I’m not mistaken, his greatest rushing yardage in that three game span is something like 80 yards.

It’s key that they continue to limit him in this game as well. So, I’m going with Star.

As soon as I read the thread title, I thought Star,  but its probably going to be a combo of Star, Butler and Zimmer that are going to have to clog up lanes and eat up blockers.  So my impact player will be Edmunds. He's going to need to be physical and get to Henry fast and make those tackles while minimizing Henry's yards. Edmonds also may be the cover LB on Henry out of the backfield. Henry's been very active in the pass game, so Edmonds needs to shine. 

Klein is more physical than Milano so he may get a lot of snaps too. He's my #2 step up guy this week. The rest of the D just have to keep on doing what they are doing. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Star, Oliver, and Basham (gets moved inside) will contain Henry to under 80 yards.  I’m betting Klein will be in as well and have a solid game.  He’s a powerful LB and can handle Henry with Edmunds in group tackles.

Good thoughts, MGK! Thanks for sharing.

19 hours ago, njbuff said:

Besides JA???

This game will be all about JA.

350 and 5 TD’s for Josh. 😁

Hey NJ!

When I first started this weekly post back during the Washington game the Topic Title was “Predict which player will have the biggest impact”.

That said, a couple weeks into the weekly posts, I got some good critique from a couple people who mentioned that JA could just become the easy answer from week to week. They had a good point and I agreed with them. So, that’s why I changed the weekly post to “Besides JA”. Hope that answers your question.

That said, hopefully JA goes off and has a really good game. Thanks for your thoughts. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Agree 1

On 10/14/2021 at 10:09 AM, BillsFan619 said:

Derrick Henry is the Titans best offensive player. The Bills have done pretty good against him the past three games. If I’m not mistaken, his greatest rushing yardage in that three game span is something like 80 yards.

It’s key that they continue to limit him in this game as well. So, I’m going with Star.

Who ya got?

This is going to be controversial, but I'm gonna go with Isaiah McKenzie.  Hopefully the impact is for better, but "for worse" is not out of the question.

Special teams had a huge impact in last year's Titans game. 

Special teams was been loudly problematic with the blocked punt in the Steelers game, and quietly problematic in two games including a turnover on a kickoff in the WFT game and a fumbled (but recovered) kickoff in the Texans game.  There have also been lesser impacts like a couple of excellent returns nullified by penalties.

Here's hoping for a great day out of our ST unit, with minimal punting by us, many uneventful punt returns/fair catches by us, and lots of kickoffs to Nashville.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, Rockinon said:

Tanny is the most sacked QB in the league. I think the DEs are going to have a field day. Especially as the Bills begin to pull away. Sacks are coming and maybe a couple of picks. The Titans are going to be real frustrated in this one.

Damned if I am not looking forward to THIS!!!!

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is going to be controversial, but I'm gonna go with Isaiah McKenzie.  Hopefully the impact is for better, but "for worse" is not out of the question.

Special teams had a huge impact in last year's Titans game. 

Special teams was been loudly problematic with the blocked punt in the Steelers game, and quietly problematic in two games including a turnover on a kickoff in the WFT game and a fumbled (but recovered) kickoff in the Texans game.  There have also been lesser impacts like a couple of excellent returns nullified by penalties.

Here's hoping for a great day out of our ST unit, with minimal punting by us, many uneventful punt returns/fair catches by us, and lots of kickoffs to Nashville.

Great thoughts, Hap!

Man, you bring up a really good point. Except for the muffed punt, because the other problems were quiet like you mentioned, I didn’t remember the special teams making that many mistakes along the way.

Like you mentioned, here’s to hoping that they make a difference (in a positive way).

On 10/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, wjag said:

Singletary will outrush Henry..  Singletary 10-80; Henry 24-75

i like them both, but Moss more than a Singletary, but yeah I was just about to post about Singletary.

I don’t know why but I just have this feeling in my gut.

Now, wjag, in my mind maybe even Moss with more carries, but Singletary is going to escape on one like in Miami.  Maybe not a td, but it will account for his big chunk of yards and he will lead the team in rushing.

That said, of course I want a big game from Josh, BUT, I would like to see another 140 yards or more rushing by the three headed monster.  Keep teams thinking, “oh no, they can run, too.”

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Groot will be huge in containing Henry.  We will make Tannehill look like the Dolphins version we all knew and loved.

Groot has been fantastic in the run game.  Every time I see a run play, it seems he's there.  Cover1 did a video extolling how Poyer charged up from deep and stopped a run play for a modest gain short of the sticks.  Poyer deserved props for his play which was high-energy and on the money.

They didn't point it out, but Groot, pursuing from behind, was in on the tackle and just kind of pulled up so he wouldn't hurt Poyer.  If Poyer hadn't been there, Groot would have made the play.

Of course, you can tackle Edwards-Helaire or Johnson or even Ingram from behind - they're a "different beast" than Henry.  McDermott said they don't have anyone to practice against who is like Henry, except that they're too valuable to the defense to put in that role, it would be like giving Justin Zimmer or Jerry Hughes the ball and saying "Hey, Tackle THIS, Sucka".

Groot will get a hands and arm strength workout.

• Agree 1

The trick to getting Henry is to hit him early and often, never letting him pick up speed. He is a beast to tackle, but far worse when he's got a head of steam. The game plan will be to sniff out the run as quickly as possible and then gang tackle. If he can't get momentum, he's pretty ineffective. There will be blitzing in this game. Both to get after Tanny, but also to hit Henry in the backfield.

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

The trick to getting Henry is to hit him early and often, never letting him pick up speed. He is a beast to tackle, but far worse when he's got a head of steam. The game plan will be to sniff out the run as quickly as possible and then gang tackle. If he can't get momentum, he's pretty ineffective. There will be blitzing in this game. Both to get after Tanny, but also to hit Henry in the backfield.

The dude is so big he makes players that normally look like men, look like boys.

He definitely is a key to the game. That’s why I predicted Star as my impact player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.