Besides JA, predict which player will make the biggest impact - Bills at Titans

BillsFan619

6 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

The answer is always Tremaine Edmunds

Can he shoot the run gaps?

Can he stay disciplined with cutback lanes?

Will he get sucked in by play-action?

Full disclosure, I've never been an Edmunds fan, I think it's because I'm an old fart and therefore old school when it comes to middle linebackers. I want my middle linebacker to be a "thumper" when he fills the gap to stop a running back, I want to see the backs helmet fly off and snot bubbles come out of his nose. That being said, everyone seem to just love Tremaine for skills that I just can't fathom, so therefore I love me some Edmunds. I'm afraid Edmunds needs to go all medieval on the Titans, he needs to be all over Derrick Henry like Henry is the third monkey on the gangplank of Noah's arc and it's starting to rain. Does he have it in him??? We shall see. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Dawson Knox, I don't think his stat line will be eye popping but he will have a nice line of 7 catches 75 yards and possibly a TD. I think they will be using Knox to wear out the Titans defense which will likely be playing a soft two deep zone like they did in the 2020 matchup. I think the Bills not only turn to a ground game a bit more but also throw designed short throws to Beasley and Knox. Beasley will have a good 6+ catches too but I think Knox being more physical will make it harder to "wear out" the receiving corps. I think that Knox being a complement to the offense as a tight end allows the team to allow him to get beat up a bit since they are less reliant on his talent throughout the game unlike KC who needs Kelce all game and can't go 4 wide consistently. 

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

#13 Gabe Davis gets some game plan love and works those intermediate sideline routes and the deep route in Daboll's under / over route concepts.

5 catches for 120 yds and 2 Tds

I like Davis to have an impact but I think the receivers and Knox eat the Titans lunch on check downs. I think getting Beasley and Knox specifically involved in making those 5-12 yard check down completions is going to be critical. 

On offense I see possible good games for Moss/Singletary against their suspect run defense or a ton of targets to Beasley/Knox to abuse the middle of the field on crossing routes if they're gonna play a zone 2-high.

On defense our Dline feasts, their OL is banged up and Tanny holds the ball longer than most. As long as we can bottle up Henry for most of the game this feels like a long day for the Titans.

Levi Wallace and Edmunds 

A legit #2 WR for the first time since week 1 (I'm not counting Kelce bc this is about defending WRs).  

And the best RB we'll see until Kamara.  

Henry is not the ideal RB for our D to cede rushing yards at the expense of taking away the the big play.  Bc Henry can rip off 20 yard runs at will. 

And with AJ and Julio back, you can't just crowd the box.

Going to be tough.  It always is there.   

19 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Derrick Henry is the Titans best offensive player. The Bills have done pretty good against him the past three games. If I’m not mistaken, his greatest rushing yardage in that three game span is something like 80 yards.

It’s key that they continue to limit him in this game as well. So, I’m going with Star.

Who ya got?

I hope and wish it to te the Diggs Show this week.   The Bills have been going deep with Sanders and Knox the past three games.  I think they change their game plan for Monday night with a heavy dose of Diggs and Beasley. 

10 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Beasley.  They will try to keep us from going deep on the outside, so Beas goes nuts in the middle of the field.

Bease and Diggs in the middle of the field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.