Can't wait until the Bills offense finally starts clicking

Billsfan1972

For the offense to get back to the elite level they played at last year we need to get the RBs involved in the passing game. The way defenses are playing us we should be able to pull off RB screens and passes out of the backfield with ease. The problem is Singletary and Moss have iffy hands and our line doesn't block well on screens. To compensate I am fine with Allen running more. We have to find a way to make defenses think twice about dropping everyone deep. I thought KC was a good step forward in that regard, but we stalled out for a while there in the 3rd quarter which is a legitimate concern against an awful defense.

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Production is just coming from different places running backs are better we have the best tight end in league

Say it again, brother!

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

They had one dominating performance vs. Washington and played well vs. KC.  I thought too vs. KC they stumbled in the third quarter (remember back when that was an issue?), and frankly were very good, but not at their best.

I think Diggs is lagging behind last year, Beasley is an enigma & Davis maybe playing injured.  Sanders & Knox have been good.  

Josh was mediocre (or bad) vs. Pitt, played so so vs. Miami and average vs. Houston.  

I know the expectations are high and funny that we can nitpick, but I'm waiting for a game like those last year vs. Seattle, Denver or SF.

Forecast Monday is great vs. Tennessee and want to see an air show...... 

Average vs. Houston?

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

Some of you crazies on this board need to do basic math and temper your expectations. Not every player on offense can have a great week every week.

Below is a very timid layout of what stats would make each player have a 'good week.'

Allen-300 yrd and 3 TD

Singletary/Moss- 60+ yards each 2 TDs

Diggs- 100 yards 1 TD at least

Sanders- 80 yards 1 TD

Beasley- 8 catches 80 yards

Knox- 80 yards 1 TD

Davis- 50 yards 1 TD

Do the math unless Allen throws for 400 yards and spreads it out to only the 4 WRs /TE perfectly and doesn't throw to any RBs will each player hit that yardage. Furthermore the team would have to score 6 TDs a game, as well as perfectly spread out again, but then we would be seeing threads of 'Whats up with Bass'

From a straight-math perspective, yeah we're doing fine!  But my eyeball and gut testometers see an offense that's still a bit disjointed... kinda glugging and spurting and out-talenting its way to victory. 

Barring major injuries, I don't think we've seen the best yet. 

I'd maybe call it 'controlled chaos' to this point. 

Edited by BringMetheHeadofLeonLett
  • Like (+1) 2

I think our four toughest remaining games are TB, NO, TEN, and CAR. Panthers still have players who played for McD and were signed by Beane.  Gilmore may be active by then and will be a tough matchup for Diggs.  Rest of schedule is basically stay healthy and focused, one game at a time.  The TB/Carolina week could be tough if they flex us to Saturday. 

13 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

From a straight-math perspective, yeah we're doing fine!  But my eyeball and gut testometers see an offense that's still a bit disjointed... 

So then what numbers would a nondisjointed offense produce? I would assume better but to what degree?

People on this board just can't relax and be happy with what is going on. It's the equivalent of throwing out a stack of hundred dollar bills because you found a fifty in there.

1 minute ago, MrSarcasm said:

So then what numbers would a nondisjointed offense produce? I would assume better but to what degree?

People on this board just can't relax and be happy with what is going on. It's the equivalent of throwing out a stack of hundred dollar bills because you found a fifty in there.

The numbers are great, fine, plenty... and I don't expect us to score on every drive.  But the team doesn't look smooth and gelled from play-to-play.  Maybe think back to how a Brett Favre got his chunk plays- he was generally operating a controlled environment, while we are getting chunks from defensive breakdowns due to Josh bouncing around like a pinball.  It's working, but not a well-oiled machine.  Like I said, it's a feel thing vs. straight math.  

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I know about the wind & the raid, but they sputtered opening day and last year obliterated Miami through the air.  Josh was okay that game, as was the offense and yep a 35-0 shut out.  But then I'd say look at what others have done vs. Miami (particularly Tampa Bay).

Pitt really ground them to a halt.

The offense has been very good, but nowhere near their best so far.  

Yes nitpicking, but I see significant room for improvement & as for the defense, not sure they could be playing any better

Quit while you’re WAY behind, Dude.

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

You really seem to have an issue.  Others agree.  I stated I am "nitpicking", but they have been no where near the efficiency they were last year vs. Mia X 2, Seattle, SF, NE (Monday Night) & Denver. 

Yes Houston was rain and he played well......

As for KC & the deep balls and commentary that is part of the reason he racked up yards.  He completed all but one of them.

Frankly the offense has been fine, then team is 4-1, but yep want to see 2020 Diggs for a starter and 375+ yards passing.......

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Agree 1

Unfortunately s lot of people are going to give you crap when you are correct. Josh hasn't played as well numbers wise, and is currently ranked behind kirk cousins in passing.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

He is correct though. If people take off their Homer glasses.

Maybe too much time at the kiddee table topics with pb and j ratios? 

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I know about the wind & the raid, but they sputtered opening day and last year obliterated Miami through the air.  Josh was okay that game, as was the offense and yep a 35-0 shut out.  But then I'd say look at what others have done vs. Miami (particularly Tampa Bay).

Pitt really ground them to a halt.

The offense has been very good, but nowhere near their best so far.  

Yes nitpicking, but I see significant room for improvement & as for the defense, not sure they could be playing any better

I understand what you saying and I can see your point.  One thing though (for you and everyone else) please can we stop with the Pittsburgh thing.

It was opening week and had a lot of "one off issues".  Comparing the O from the last couple weeks to that game is illogical.

One thing you might want to consider is what have the O game plans been?  What is Daboll trying to add to the book?  None of us fans know

what the end game is on all of this.  Last year the Bills worked on the air raid system and it was outstanding (most of the time).  I got no problems

with them working other systems into the plan during the season.  It's all going to come down to the playoffs and they will need multiple schemes

to beat those teams.

IMO. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My Mind Boggles. 

Racking up 35, 43, 40, and 38 points isn't enough for you? 

40 points vs the Texans and 35 vs Miami isn't dominating?

How do you define "dominating?"

I think we haven't seen many sustained drives. And when defenses play to take away the big play that is what we are going to need.

We have been hitting on big chunk plays which is awesome!

But we haven't been anywhere near as consistent as last year. 

I'm glad we are trying to not be one dimensional. 

I think we are not close to unlocking our full potential. 

Many times in the kc game even huge chunk plays or turnovers went for no points.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My Mind Boggles. 

Racking up 35, 43, 40, and 38 points isn't enough for you? 

40 points vs the Texans and 35 vs Miami isn't dominating?

How do you define "dominating?"

Our opponents should all look like Bishop Sycamore. Nothing less will suffice.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You really seem to have an issue.  Others agree.  I stated I am "nitpicking", but they have been no where near the efficiency they were last year vs. Mia X 2, Seattle, SF, NE (Monday Night) & Denver. 

Yes Houston was rain and he played well......

As for KC & the deep balls and commentary that is part of the reason he racked up yards.  He completed all but one of them.

Frankly the offense has been fine, then team is 4-1, but yep want to see 2020 Diggs for a starter and 375+ yards passing.......

There’s 31 other teams who may appreciate your criticism. You don’t have to be here..

• Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.