Do You Curse During and At Bills Games?

WotAGuy

Do you curse during and at Bills games?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you curse while watching Bills games?

• No, never - it’s a sin
    • Yes, but politely (darn it, jeepers, criminey, etc)
    • Yes, but no f-bombs
    • Yes - full blown Tourette’s
  2. 2. Do you curse out loud at the stadium?

• No - it’s rude and obnoxious
    • Yes - but I keep it civil
    • Yes - full blown Tourette’s

18 hours ago, Augie said:

Mature adults expect a certain level of behavior. It’s not church, but there are limits. You don’t seem to get that. There are parents in the upper bowl who can only afford to take their kids to a game by sitting up there. NOTHING wrong with that, in fact I LOVE it. They should NOT have to listen to your crap. Period. 

well looks like the poll says the opposite. nothing wrong with swearing. theyre just words.  i dealt with it when i was a kid going to buffalo sports game and i dont even remember it we've always been a passionate crowd. just having fun.  guess you gotta put blinders on the kids all the way through the parking lot too cant let them see any of that at all either right?

13 hours ago, eball said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with being “sensitive” — it’s about acting like an adult.  Do you walk around the grocery store and yell, “F*** this place!” at the top of your lungs because they are out of milk?  “It’s a football game so it’s ok” is just about the most ignorant response imaginable.

well my good friend. the supermarket and a Bills home are...get this...completely different things!  one place people regularly swear out loud, one not so much. those rules i abide by. this was a pretty bad analogy ill give you one more shot

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Given our fanbase is nicknamed "Mafia", seems to me profanity is almost a mandatory requirement

i want to click agree on that but to honest i really dont like the mafia nickname and whats become of the parking lot and all that.  when/if i swear at a game its because thats honestly just my personality and not trying to go f-n viral like most of the high school kids playing dizzy bat 

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin

4 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

well looks like the poll says the opposite. nothing wrong with swearing. theyre just words.  i dealt with it when i was a kid going to buffalo sports game and i dont even remember it we've always been a passionate crowd. just having fun.  guess you gotta put blinders on the kids all the way through the parking lot too cant let them see any of that at all either right?

I don’t look at polls on a message board to tell me right from wrong. Period. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no saint and I don’t expect others to be. It’s not church. BUT, there are limits. I’d be ashamed to go all out like some do around my wife and son (who is almost 30 and would give me the stink eye if I was cussing like a drunken sailor). A little class does NOT mean you are not passionate. It just means you have a little class. 

You can feel free to behave as you like, and we will generally represent ourselves in ways that rarely embarrasses our family. (“Generally” is important there, because most of us have “moments”.) 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no saint and I don’t expect others to be. It’s not church. BUT, there are limits. I’d be ashamed to go all out like some do around my wife and son (who is almost 30 and would give me the stink eye if I was cussing like a drunken sailor). A little class does NOT mean you are not passionate. It just means you have a little class. 

and my wife who is my age 40 swears just as much as i do.   im not a person who is concerned with class, at f-n all because im a working class person with a body that hurts and i like to let loose at Bills games.  Guess its kind of a class issue then huh? im assuming most folks that dont like the swearing are well to do 60+ year olds.

• Disagree 1

36 minutes ago, transient said:

I'm more likely to swear at home than in public (bar or game) unless I've had a few too many and the Bills are losing, then it can get ugly. When I watch the games at home, my poor dog also gets anxious after the first bad call because she thinks she did something wrong.

The Bills-Houston WC game in 2019 was really ugly. I was at a bar and was fairly drunk because of the company in which I watched it (I generally watch playoffs at home by myself and limit the alcohol so there are no distractions). Despite it being a late game at a bar, there was a family in my vicinity with a son who looked like he was 12. When the game started to unravel, I started to unravel. After that horrendous blindside block call on Ford I'm pretty sure I repeated the pattern of dropping an MFer, blaspheming with a JFC or a JMFC, lamenting the direction the game was taking with some very colorful language, and then directing an apology to the kid and his family at least 10-15 times. I reconciled the whole thing with "who brings their kid to a late Bills playoff game at a bar and doesn't expect to hear language like that; at least I apologized..." of course, I did follow up every apology with another string of expletives that would make a trucker blush. 🤷‍♀️

I’m worse at home if nobody is over watching with me. I guess I told the refs to suck a c____ one too many times Sunday night. The wife sad if I do it again my tv and the NFL ticket we’re getting kicked out. I told her the game was on NBC but that didn’t help much LOL…

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

and my wife who is my age 40 swears just as much as i do.   im not a person who is concerned with class, at f-n all because im a working class person with a body that hurts and i like to let loose at Bills games

I said I do swear, and I think there should be limits. Do you agree or do you think there are absolutely no boundaries in terms of language. When I say “class”, that doesn’t mean “working class”. We all work. Class means more than net worth or tax brackets. Several meanings, look it up. 

So, do you agree there should be limits? Or anything goes regardless of who is around you? 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

So, do you agree there should be limits? Or anything goes regardless of who is around you? 

thats a tough question and personally yes i do censor or do my best to around kids at Bills/Sabres games of course im not intentionally trying to shout swear words in a kids face. honestly though most parents swear around their kids these days and a lot of the times ive apologized to parents for letting one go around their kid they usually have no problem at all with it. also yes i do think that the desire for class does have everything to do with tax bracket

I swear when there are women or kids around I sound like Bill Cosby himself skit, where he says I used to think my father was an idiot because he couldn’t say a complete sentence.  “You can’t say filthn foul filthn I’ll foul you’re filth, so you say I… da…. Get outta my face”. You guys remember the skit.  Or YOU GOTT BE silence silence KIDDING ME. That IDIOT. What the ……. Uggh.

parenting makes you sound stupid as you can’t say what you want to say so you just don’t complete sentences amd always look constipated.

3 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

thats a tough question and personally yes i do censor or do my best to around kids at Bills/Sabres games of course im not intentionally trying to shout swear words in a kids face. honestly though most parents swear around their kids these days and a lot of the times ive apologized to parents for letting one go around their kid they usually have no problem at all with it

OK, this is good as we work toward a common middle ground. I don’t know what you base the bold upon, but from my experience people try pretty hard NOT to swear around their kids. 

We don’t have to be “the same” on this. That would be boring. But if we can find some common ground that’s a step in the right direction. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

We don’t have to be “the same” on this. That would be boring. But if we can find some common ground that’s a step in the right direction. 

precisely right. peoples is different and we all come together for a common cause. a veritable melting pot kind of.  nothing but respect to you bud

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, this is good as we work toward a common middle ground. I don’t know what you base the bold upon, but from my experience people try pretty hard NOT to swear around their kids. 

and hey, if im ever nearby and you dont like my swearing, dont be afraid to tell me to f- off

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/13/2021 at 9:09 PM, Dan said:

I didn’t make it through the first KC drive before the F bomb tirades started.  And the exasperated pacing began.     ***** Refs!!  It’s not my fault.  

oh, the exasperated pacing.  Should have a poll on that also.  I can get in like 10,000 steps watching a bills game at home.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.