Do You Curse During and At Bills Games?

WotAGuy

Do you curse during and at Bills games?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you curse while watching Bills games?

• No, never - it’s a sin
    • Yes, but politely (darn it, jeepers, criminey, etc)
    • Yes, but no f-bombs
    • Yes - full blown Tourette’s
  2. 2. Do you curse out loud at the stadium?

• No - it’s rude and obnoxious
    • Yes - but I keep it civil
    • Yes - full blown Tourette’s

At the stadium I'm always careful not to use foul language because of the all the kids/families around.  I try to use creative alternatives that allow me to vent but not upset parents. 

A few years ago while watching the Bills play down here in Cincinnati I called a ref, who made a terrible call, a "nincompoop".  A mom turned around laughing and said she hadn't heard that one in decades.

Other "curses" I use while AT the stadiums are:  Nitwit, dingbat, cockroach, incompetent, corrupt and apparatchik.  As you can guess almost all of my comments are aimed at the refs.

At home it's a completely different matter as the kids are out of the house.  In that environment I swear up a storm.  The only exception is if I'm watching the game with the grand kids then I default to my stadium vocabulary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yes but only after reading posts that state the officials want the Bills opponent to win and when Edmunds makes a tackle 12 yards downfield....lol

Someone told me to F off in the thread last Sunday.  But he is a ***** moron.

I keep it clean at the game. My kids are usually with me and they learned to swear by age 2 but only at home.  

I’m not proud of how I behave during games—my blood pressure, anxiety, and overall angst go off the rails, and I literally can’t sit still. Language is just the background music for all of the above. As I’m typing this, I’m beginning to realize the Buffalo Bills are not good for my health! 🧐:w00t:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This is actually a good question. I think if you are at a game live and are shouting obscenities you’re a douche. I mean, what grown ass man or woman thinks that is acceptable?  In the privacy of your own home, do what you want. 

• Agree 1

I one time got a whole section in the nosebleeds(cmon anything goes up there) when Tannehill was with the Dolphins to chant "Tannehill f***s animals, WE KNOW! WE KNOW!" 

1 hour ago, eball said:

This is actually a good question. I think if you are at a game live and are shouting obscenities you’re a douche. I mean, what grown ass man or woman thinks that is acceptable?  In the privacy of your own home, do what you want. 

right when youre actually there and feeling the energy of the game youre a douche. i mean how sensitive have we become where swearing at a Bills game is not okay?? its a footabll game

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

I one time got a whole section in the nosebleeds(cmon anything goes up there) when Tannehill was with the Dolphins to chant "Tannehill f***s animals, WE KNOW! WE KNOW!" 

right when youre actually there and feeling the energy of the game youre a douche. i mean how sensitive have we become where swearing at a Bills game is not okay?? its a footabll game

My only friend from my youth who still lives in WNY has season tix to the Bills and the Sabres. Primo Bills tix, but his wife won’t go because the crowd is too crude. She’s no prude, but she has limits. She goes to the Sabres games on occasion because they are more civilized. I can understand that.  

Mature adults expect a certain level of behavior. It’s not church, but there are limits. You don’t seem to get that. There are parents in the upper bowl who can only afford to take their kids to a game by sitting up there. NOTHING wrong with that, in fact I LOVE it. They should NOT have to listen to your crap. Period. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.