Dr. Dre & Snoop Dog Racist and Misogynic behavior

Chaos

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The NFL claims they didn't release any emails, of course.  Its possible the leak was within the Raiders org.  Maybe Davis had second thoughts about that huge contract he offered Gruden?

Interestingly enough, these emails were provided to the court in a legal action between Snyder and Bruce Allen and not all of them were completely redacted.   

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-10-12/nfl-jon-gruden-emails-washington-football-team

Didn't the 'Michelin tire' leak come from an FBI investigation and predate the leaks from the NFL investigation? 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

The BS is hurting my enjoyment of the Bills historically dominating season. 

We should definitely not let the NFL tread on us!  It is our RIGHT to have Up With People!  Let's storm Capitol.  

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

The NFL should scrap the planned musical performance. Time to shake things up and go in a different entertainment direction. Is Chappelle available for 15 minutes of stand up? I'd actually have to watch that half time show.

OSU Marching Band playing a selection of songs voted by the public?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Can you imagine the outrage if the NFL suddenly decided that they needed to remove acts from the halftime show because of objectionable content in old lyrics just in time for Snoop, Dre, and Kendrick after giving zero ducks for the past 55 years?

The Gruden rule is new. 

22 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

The second line of Dr. Dre’s lyrics is “I’m f’ing with you”. That means he was just joking. No harm. 

So that's the key, just say "I'm f'ing with you" all the time, and you can get away with saying anything. 

I did not remember Dat.  That raises the question of whether the NFL will apologize to Dat and his family for inviting an anti-Vietnamese racist as the half time performer for the super bowl.  As far as I know the NFL has no program to increase the number of Vietnamese in the coaching or ownership ranks. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t want to get into the political aspect of all this, because I see where people are coming from pointing out the hypocrisy. However, if objectionable lyrics disqualify someone from performing a halftime show, it would need to abolished. People love pointing out rap lyrics because they’re clearly more in your face, but even Taylor Swift has written what some consider to be objectionable lyrics. 

Why does there even need to be a halftime show? Just go back to studio and let the talking heads make their points and then move on to the 2nd half. The majority of the acts suck anyway. They all try to do 3 or 4 quick songs in 10 minutes with a bunch of dancers running around the stage. I say enough with this boring halftime BS and treat halftime like they do every other game.

Edited by Greg S

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Why does there even need to be a halftime show? Just go back to studio and let the talking heads make their points and then move on to the 2nd half. The majority of the acts suck anyway. They all try to do 3 or 4 quick songs in 10 minutes with a bunch of dancers running around the stage. I say enough with this boring halftime BS and treat halftime like they do every other game.

I can count on Jason Pierre-Paul's hand how many Super Bowl halftime performances I've actually sat down to watch over the past 30 years.

But my guess is that every person who feels like I do (and you do, apparently) about them, there are probably 10 who love them.  I'm sure the Nielsen viewership data supports it, otherwise they wouldn't bother having them.

I've gotten myself into a pretty standard Super Bowl routine that includes being in the kitchen for the entire halftime break, so I couldn't care less what they do.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I can count on Jason Pierre-Paul's hand how many Super Bowl halftime performances I've actually sat down to watch over the past 30 years.

But my guess is that every person who feels like I do (and you do, apparently) about them, there are probably 10 who love them.  I'm sure the Nielsen viewership data supports it, otherwise they wouldn't bother having them.

I've gotten myself into a pretty standard Super Bowl routine that includes being in the kitchen for the entire halftime break, so I couldn't care less what they do.

Same here. I don't watch it either. But I guess they need some kind of draw to get the non-football fan to tune in and watch their one game a year.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.