Adam Schefter issue with Bruce (not Josh :) ) Allen emails - had Bruce Allen edit his news story

CorkScrewHill

3 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Yeah, that's the part that gets me.  Asking a source to look at an article to make sure he has been quoted fairly is common practice...but to say "Mr. Editor" as if Allen gets final say on the article, even if done jokingly, seems odd.

Not too odd when you realize he’s just a bootlicking access merchant.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Hope they release all the emails. Let’s be upfront and honest to the public and fans. A lot of people on the NFL are shaking in their boots right now and Om sure many owners and execs are. Expose them all!

Everyone wanting all personal emails leaked, with no regards to relevancy, should first share all your private emails.

we’ll wait

Edited by Crayola64
  • Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Everyone wanting all personal emails leaked, with no regards to relevancy, should first share all your private emails.

we’ll wait

The opposite is letting the NFL office sit on "ammo" that they can use to blackmail and control and threaten people with releasing if they do not fall in line with their bidding.

If they are going to leak emails, they need to release all the emails at once. Rip the band-aid off.

It isnt to witch hunt folks, or to cancel as many people as possible, but rather to take that away from the NFL office.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

we’ll wait

Not gonna lie I fall on this side of the fence. The NFL had to review all of these as part of this investigation....it's on them to take action if necessary....not the court of public opinion. I said some pretty stupid crap 10-15 years ago.... as I'm sure most people have.  Now if the NFL is the one selectively releasing these emails as intimidation tactics (no clue if they are or not) then yea either release them or get a court-ordered gag seal on them

10-15 years ago society didn't feel the need to attack anyone who said a thing they didn't like to the point of getting them fired. Don't get me wrong I find most of what was said to range between abhorrent and in poor taste.... but emails from 10+ years ago have no bearing on what happens today....you know unless one of them admit to killing JFK? 🙈

Edited by Jdragon2

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

These national NFL 'insider" reporters have many cozy relationships with their sources.  Executives, players, coaches, agents, whomever.  They would not want to publish any content that burns their source.  It might be factually incorrect, go beyond the scope of the sources wishes or it may include some context that reveals the identity of the source, assuming they wish to remain unidentified.  Seems logical to me.  

Same for hockey. Look at the Eichel situation. Every "exclusive" is something fed by his agent to one of the major hockey reporters, usually Friedmann, Dreger or LeBrun. Just last week it was "Jack's gonna get moved soon." This week crickets.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The opposite is letting the NFL office sit on "ammo" that they can use to blackmail and control and threaten people with releasing if they do not fall in line with their bidding.

If they are going to leak emails, they need to release all the emails at once. Rip the band-aid off.

It isnt to witch hunt folks, or to cancel as many people as possible, but rather to take that away from the NFL office.

no, I care about the non-offensive irrelevant emails from people that won’t get them cancelled.  It’s a complete invasion of privacy and is a ridiculous thing to release.  

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm not really sure what the prudent action is. The threat of blackmail and control seems real enough. As a society, the line between public and private has been blurred by social media. The effect has been deleterious in most cases. And now the arbiters of what constitutes righteous behavior are just aching to turn this into an expose of toxic masculinity and the nefarious "NFL culture."

4 minutes ago, Jdragon2 said:

10-15 years ago society didn't feel the need to attack anyone who said a thing they didn't like to the point of getting them fired.

Maybe they did but didnt have the platforms or voice to get it accomplished. I'd say the work "attack" is a bit overblown too. Keep in mind that it was NOT Twitter backlash or uproar that ended Gruden. None of that even had a chance to get rolling before he resigned. This was strictly because he 1. lost the locker room, and 2. insulted all the bosses. Accountability and consequences for actions isnt a horrible thing.

4 minutes ago, Jdragon2 said:

Don't get me wrong I find most of what was said to range between abhorrent and in poor taste.... but emails from 10+ years ago have no bearing on what happens today....you know unless one of them admit to killing JFK? 🙈

Ehhh, yes and no. Specifically to this Gruden leak, he is in a direct position to hire staff and make player personnel decisions. So when emails pop up, even from 10+ years ago, talking about which vulnerable groups he doesnt think should be employed... yeah it has bearing on what happens today. After that, he'd never be able to make a cut or a hire that wouldnt get put through the filter of "Is this valid, or just his biases showing up?", and rightfully so.

6 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

no, I care about the non-offensive irrelevant emails from people that won’t get them cancelled.  It’s a complete invasion of privacy and is a ridiculous thing to release.  

But they are from the WFT office emails. Work emails are never private. They arent releasing someone's gmail account.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm not really sure what the prudent action is. The threat of blackmail and control seems real enough. As a society, the line between public and private has been blurred by social media. The effect has been deleterious in most cases. And now the arbiters of what constitutes righteous behavior are just aching to turn this into an expose of toxic masculinity and the nefarious "NFL culture."

I mean, you are aware of some of the stuff already confirmed was happening in Snyder's offices. Right?

I mean, you are aware of some of the stuff already confirmed was happening in Snyder's offices. Right?

I think Snyder and the dysfunction with WFT is well known. I don't think that means its open season on the NFL as a whole, but if that's your proclivities, have at it.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I think Snyder and the dysfunction with WFT is well known. I don't think that means its open season on the NFL as a whole, but if that's your proclivities, have at it.

It isnt the NFL as a whole. It is releasing the WFT emails that are now being used selectively and arbitrarily by the NFL Office to oust people as they see fit.

It isnt the NFL as a whole. It is releasing the WFT emails that are now being used selectively and arbitrarily by the NFL Office to oust people as they see fit.

Alright, fella. I don't know what you're arguing with me about. I don't like it. I said as much the first time.

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe they did but didnt have the platforms or voice to get it accomplished. I'd say the work "attack" is a bit overblown too. Keep in mind that it was NOT Twitter backlash or uproar that ended Gruden. None of that even had a chance to get rolling before he resigned. This was strictly because he 1. lost the locker room, and 2. insulted all the bosses. Accountability and consequences for actions isnt a horrible thing.

Ehhh, yes and no. Specifically to this Gruden leak, he is in a direct position to hire staff and make player personnel decisions. So when emails pop up, even from 10+ years ago, talking about which vulnerable groups he doesnt think should be employed... yeah it has bearing on what happens today. After that, he'd never be able to make a cut or a hire that wouldnt get put through the filter of "Is this valid, or just his biases showing up?", and rightfully so.

But they are from the WFT office emails. Work emails are never private. They arent releasing someone's gmail account.

They would be releasing gmail emails sent to a work email.  There is no reason to release irrelevant private emails

if Susie G is saying come home late because she has diarrhea, you don’t need that email 

if two employees are saying GOSH THAT NEW TRAINEE IS SLOOOOW…that doesn’t need to be made public

Edited by Crayola64

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

They would be releasing gmail emails sent to a work email.  There is no reason to release irrelevant private emails

If either side is a work email, it isnt a private message. We should all know how this works.

If you want to keep stuff private, keep it out of the work servers on either side. There are plenty of other means of communications.

Heck, I don't even text much with my brother-in-law because he has a work-paid cell phone. Any dirty jokes or funny memes, I send to my sister's phone and have her show him. That's to protect both of us.

Learned a long time ago not to read and re read what you put in email.   If you write something in anger, leave it in your drafts folder, go to bed and look at it again in the morning.   I don't recall ever sending one of those out. 

If I could only apply that logic to this board, I'd be all set. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.