Monday Night Playoffs. What do you think?

jayg

Seems kind of gimmicky.  I like tradition - playoff weekends are some of the best sports weekends that we have.  That 1st weekend when there is a full slate on Saturday & on Sunday.  It's probably not my wife's favorites weekend, but it's fantastic for football fans.  Adding a game on Monday isn't a huge deal, but I don't like it.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

This was reported a month or so ago. I think it's lame.

Yup, same meal served in a different dish…, many will be fooled into thinking it’s something new, when in fact it is not more than an inconvenience for the viewing customers.

Seems incredibly unnecessary and a huge disadvantage to the team that wins.  Best case scenario they play 6 days later, and the teams that win on that Saturday wild card weekend have an extra 2 days off that they didn't get.  Dumb, just dumb - although that hasn't stopped the NFL in the past

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, same meal served in a different dish…, many will be fooled into thinking it’s something new, when in fact it is not more than an inconvenience for the viewing customers.

Yeah, I want to watch all games in succession on Saturday and Sunday. The way God intended.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

more prime time games = better ratings and more cash for all, and strengthens espn MNF brand which goes for another 12 years so espn was all over that....they decided they can live with the disruption of delayed scheduling which they will use for marketing and hype, and the winner likely plays the next Sun not Sat so that gives back rest and prep for that MNF winner, all at the cost of one weekend game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.