C. Beasley*

T. Owens

T. Washington

C. Clay

L. Centers

E. Sanders*

*Active. Impact may change.

Please take hands of Clay off the list.  

One of the things the list shows is that when people were saying no free agents want to play in Buffalo during the drought the reality was that no free agents wanted to play for a losing team in Buffalo.  Before & after the drought players wanted to come to Buffalo to chase a Super Bowl ring.  Nothing attracts free agents more than a franchise QB like Kelly, Allen & to a lesser extent Bledsoe.  Remember, at the time they signed Hyde & Poyer were very much under the radar.  

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I was puzzled by Hyde and Poyer when signed. Hyde was used more as a slot corner in Green Bay and if I recall had some injury concerns. Of course I’ll admit  I had no clue who Poyer was. 

Even though Whaley was the GM for Hyde and Poyer.

Paup only played 3-years here though.

This is Hyde and Poyer’s 5th season here.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Disagree 1

People keep crediting Poyer-Hyde to McBeane. But that was a McWhaley signing. 

NOT hating on Beane, but in our hypotheticals in the offseason, the 2017 draft and FA class is my big reason for siding with McD going forward, gun to my head, have to pick one. Also McD picked Beane it seems. So there is that. 

The Bills have had some great ones and I would be hard pressed to rank them, but there is no question Hyde has been critical to the rebuilding of the Bills  I would even say the most critical early piece in establishing the culture that was desired. 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

People keep crediting Poyer-Hyde to McBeane. But that was a McWhaley signing. 

NOT hating on Beane, but in our hypotheticals in the offseason, the 2017 draft and FA class is my big reason for siding with McD going forward, gun to my head, have to pick one. Also McD picked Beane it seems. So there is that. 

Hyde was McD:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2017/12/how_did_buffalo_bills_land_micah_hyde_in_free_agency_ask_the_green_bay_packers.html

Poyer was Bobby Babich.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/familiarity-with-poyer-landed-bills-a-free-agent-steal-19408157

Dimwit Doug had nothing to do with either one.

2 hours ago, Repulsif said:

was naturally thinking of Bryce Paup

But... was Fitz a free agent ?

Fitz was a free agent but he ruined "suck for Luck" 1.0 after the Bills were CLEARLY the worst team and roster in the NFL thru 8 weeks.

Luck ended up opting to return to Stanford and Cam Newton would end up going #1 and soon win NFL MVP and take Carolina to a Super Bowl.

Bills wouldn't have had a shot at either.........as they ended up drafting 3rd thanks to Fitzy getting on a heater.

Fitz won just enough to totally ***** the franchise for another 7 years or so and not enough to even challenge for a playoff spot.

So even though he was fun and a general good guy his signing actually set the franchise back.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

Cool, so not Beane. Huge credit to McD. Which was the entire point. McD is the secret sauce here. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.