Best free agent signing ever?

McBean

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Even though Whaley was the GM for Hyde and Poyer.

Paup only played 3-years here though.

This is Hyde and Poyer’s 5th season here.

Hyde signed March 9th 2017.

Poyer signed March 9th 2017.

Doug Whaley relieved of duty on April 30th 2017.

Beane hired as GM on May 9th 2017.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fitz was a free agent but he ruined "suck for Luck" 1.0 after the Bills were CLEARLY the worst team and roster in the NFL thru 8 weeks.

Luck ended up opting to return to Stanford and Cam Newton would end up going #1 and soon win NFL MVP and take Carolina to a Super Bowl.

Bills wouldn't have had a shot at either.........as they ended up drafting 3rd thanks to Fitzy getting on a heater.

Fitz won just enough to totally ***** the franchise for another 7 years or so and not enough to even challenge for a playoff spot.

So even though he was fun and a general good guy his signing actually set the franchise back.

Would've been cool going from Luck to Allen...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Highest priced free agent has to be Shawn Merriman.  The Bills paid him $1 million for 15 mintues.

He injured his achilles tendon during his first practice with the Bills.

Umm...Merriman played in 15 games with the Bills over 2 seasons.

11 hours ago, nucci said:

Art Still. The defense made a huge jump in '88 when  he was signed

The Bills defense had already turned the corner in 1987. They shut Marino out and beat the tar out of John Elway the year prior.

Still was decent. Nowhere near the level of Hyde and Poyer.

And….Still was acquired in a trade.

Edited by Beast

Has to be Bryce Paup, Ted Washington, or TKO. As far as buzz to impact ratio, I'm actually going with Teddy. He was here a long time, was not a splash signing and basically was the blueprint at his position for a decade. Paup had a massive first year. TKO was an excellent player, we paid for such and he delivered. Steve Christie belongs in the conversation as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, McBean said:

Is it Micah Hyde?

I’m 31 so I’m sure some of you that are older will disagree but IMO Micah Hyde is the best free agent signing the Bills ever made.

When Micah was signed it was year 1 of the McDermott era. Hyde set the tone. Leader, incredible player, and is so underrated. Thinking about it this morning I wanted to pose the question to the board…who’s the best Bills free agent signing of all time?

Salute to Micah for all he’s done for this team. Seeing him score the pick 6 on Sunday night..I couldn’t help to think that the turnaround all started with HIM. 

He's not even the best FA signing on the current team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.