Week 6 — Other Games

eball

Wow, there are two really compelling matchups this week, and a third to keep an eye on:

Chargers at Ravens:  Who do we root for as Bills fans?

Cardinals at Browns:  Certainly we want the Cards to continue their streak here

Combined records of those four teams:  16-4

Cowboys at Pats***:  Would love to see Dallas drop them to 2-4

Also, the Fish are only a 3-pt favorite over the Jags in London…Jacksonville may be in full mutiny mode, but it would be hilarious to see them break their skid against Miami.

Discuss…

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think we root for the Chargers over the Dirty Birds.  AFC West will cause the Chargers to drop some games down the road.  Would love to see the Browns pick up another loss.  Yes, Cowgirls should get the Patsies.  Fish defense is a hot mess, we hung 35 on them with a not great game from Josh.

• Agree 3

Chargers - Ravens - I hope the Chargers win. If the Bills play these teams in the playoffs I would rather the Bills play Baltimore in OP as the Ravens do have a solid homefield advantage. The Chargers don't have one as they have about 10 fans total in LA. The Bills fans would takeover that stadium so it would feel like a home game anyway.

Cards over Browns and Cowboys over the Pats obviously. The AFC East is so weak that I actually think the Bills could officially clinch the division sometime in Nov if they handle their business.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Rooting for Baltimore because one of these weeks their injuries are going to cause them to drop a game they should otherwise win. The Chargers look more machine like to me at this stage so I am more keen for them to get their second loss. Baltimore is going to win 10-12 games and be a playoff team but I don't see them as a threat for the #1 seed. I do with LAC. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Rooting for Baltimore because one of these weeks their injuries are going to cause them to drop a game they should otherwise win. The Chargers look more machine like to me at this stage so I am more keen for them to get their second loss. Baltimore is going to win 10-12 games and be a playoff team but I don't see them as a threat for the #1 seed. I do with LAC. 

Their offense looks dominant with Herbert but their D just got torched for 42 points. Allen and Bills should be able to move the ball on them. 

Just now, Greg S said:

Their offense looks dominant with Herbert but their D just got torched for 42 points. Allen and Bills should be able to move the ball on them. 

I think their defensive vulnerability is against power football. While our run game is better I'm not yet sold that it is good enough to ram it down their throats. If the Bills and Chargers played tomorrow I think it would be a high scoring shootout. I'd rather avoid them until the playoffs and then have home field when we do. Which means we need them to drop a game or two. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Wow, there are two really compelling matchups this week, and a third to keep an eye on:

Also, the Fish are only a 3-pt favorite over the Jags in London…Jacksonville may be in full mutiny mode, but it would be hilarious to see them break their skid against Miami.

Discuss…

Chargers, only because it puts more dirt on Chiefs 

Cardinals, not in AFC

Cowboys v Pats, despise them both but again I root against AFC teams 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Discuss…

I don't think it matters.  Both teams have been winning close games in ways that are not sustainable and will end up coming back to earth a little bit. 

Ravens beat the Chiefs being down 11 in the 4th quarter...kick an NFL record FG to beat the Lions at the gun,  come back down 16 in the 4th Q against the Colts and win in OT cause the Colts kicker misses a very makeable FG at the end of the 4th Q...those are not sustainable ways to win in the NFL over a 17 game season.

Chargers not quite as implausible, but losing in the 4th quarter to WFT, Chiefs, and Browns...

I guess what I am saying is that neither of those teams has been dominating and bitchslapping opponents the way the Bills have.  So why worry?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Discuss…

I have to pull for Baltimore in this one. Agree with the idea that they really aren't a threat for the 1 seed and injuries will hold them back. Chargers have been a SOLID team for years that was held back in part to injuries and bad coaching. Seems to have been addressed.

Obviously have to go for the Cards and (gag) Cowgals. Would love to see Jacksonville pound Miami. Now if only the WFT could upset the Chiefs as well. I think that could be a sneaky good game as WFT can move the ball on the KC defense. Gonna be a shootout.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.