Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

I sworeeee i read or saw a video on Cover 1, that obada played last week, cause I remember being surprised.

Can anyone verify?

He did.  I guess I looked at gamebooks from games 2-4 and figured he didn't.  

Cowgirls would ask  the moon for Diggs.    dont think Ford gets much in return.   depth at CB is the one weakness we have,  and finding anybody thats a huge upgrade at the right price point is extremely unlikely.   other than that,  dont mess with whats working.

Edited by bigduke6

On 10/12/2021 at 9:45 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

This defense is an elite pass rusher away from being incredible.

I think Zimmer easily fills in Oliver's shoes.  

I think Boogie and Rosseau are good young ends.  

AJ is a young talent but I'm willing to give that up at a deep position to separate us even more with an elite end like Jones.

I'll do it but only if they throw in Chandlers brother. We coulda used him suited up at the end of the AFCCG last year when all the pushing started!

14 hours ago, ganesh said:

Haha,..that would be truly awesome and put us on the doorsteps to SB victory

why would we care about upgrading Brieda when we haven't even put him on the field.  I think the Bills are saving him for the 2nd half of the season.  His speed kills. 

Brieda to me is more a McKenzie back up than an rb back up. Which plays a role in my opinion of wanting to upgrade that rb spot

We haven't had a need for him to play yet but an upgrade in depth especially if its cheap is something the bills should look into. 

We have 2 rbs in my opinion right now and grabbing a vet to place on the practice squad. Kind of like they did last year with freeman 

On 10/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, BigBuff423 said:

Regarding Feliciano, I'm not so sure...he has a dead cap hit of $1.5, and given his full salary is $5.25 and has been a starter for going on three years now, I think the Bills see his value as depth at the very least for another year. His last year dead cap is $750k and that make sense after a couple of their young guys get some maturity and development, but I can't see them simply cutting him IMO, given what he brings to the Offensive Line.

I think one of the two guards, either Williams or Mongo could be gone next year being replaced by a fairly highly rated FA.  Also think Morse may be gone and see the Bills drafting in 2nd or 3rd an interior lineman with the plan to start him as a rookie.  If it's a guard, then Mongo plays center, if it's a center, then he stays put.

Putting my two thoughts together tells me they let Williams go, sign a better replacement and draft center/guard and Mongo plays whichever position of those two the rookie doesn't play.

Also think they draft another interior lineman later on around 5th or 6th.

Could see them trading Ford after this week as have two backups in Ike and Bates, may get a 6th in return.

Do think the Bills will also draft a punter around the 5th or 6th unless we see improvement.  Of all the starting positions I honestly think punter may be our weakest spot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think one of the two guards, either Williams or Mongo could be gone next year being replaced by a fairly highly rated FA.  Also think Morse may be gone and see the Bills drafting in 2nd or 3rd an interior lineman with the plan to start him as a rookie.  If it's a guard, then Mongo plays center, if it's a center, then he stays put.

Putting my two thoughts together tells me they let Williams go, sign a better replacement and draft center/guard and Mongo plays whichever position of those two the rookie doesn't play.

Also think they draft another interior lineman later on around 5th or 6th.

Could see them trading Ford after this week as have two backups in Ike and Bates, may get a 6th in return.

Do think the Bills will also draft a punter around the 5th or 6th unless we see improvement.  Of all the starting positions I honestly think punter may be our weakest spot.

Unless Williams isn't playing well at RG (and even if he is, he still has value as a RT), I don't see him going anywhere.  Not at an average salary of $6M for the next 2 years.  You're not finding anyone that cheap and good.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

On 10/12/2021 at 7:14 PM, Pabstblueribbon said:

I wonder if McBean has gotten any calls about Mitch? Russell Wilson and Daniel Jones both went down this weekend, on top of the already depleted qb situation across the league. 

We’re not letting go of Mitch. There is no one worth while behind Allen if you trade off Mitch. He’s staying a Bill this year. 

On 10/14/2021 at 9:39 AM, appoo said:

At least the rise of Dawson Knox means we can ignore Zack Ertz.

if the Bills make a move I’d be curious about an upgrade to CB2 and Feliciano. 

Feliciano is probably in his last year here

mongo had a good game Sunday night and he plays center- maybe better than guard.  i think we have 8 of our o-line for the next 2 years already on the roster. ford probably gone but all the other starters are staying.

why drop someone who is here for a high priced free agent that may not fit?

CB2 is fine- you can't have two T Whites or all pros at every position.  there will be fringe moves and restocks for the 2023-24 seasons drafted next year but this is our team for the next 2 years

15 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

mongo had a good game Sunday night and he plays center- maybe better than guard.  i think we have 8 of our o-line for the next 2 years already on the roster. ford probably gone but all the other starters are staying.

why drop someone who is here for a high priced free agent that may not fit?

CB2 is fine- you can't have two T Whites or all pros at every position.  there will be fringe moves and restocks for the 2023-24 seasons drafted next year but this is our team for the next 2 years

That is our SB Window !

• Like (+1) 1

Being that we are a legit SB contender I'm hoping Beane holds on to the depth we have. Guys like Ford, Phillips, Butler ect ate hot names for fans to want to move on from...but an injury or 2 late on the year and these guys are useful. While a g it like Cory Ford has shown he is replacement level at best in our offense...he is still way more helpful than a 6th round pick being stashed in the vault. 

I think this is the year that if any moves are made that we should be buyers. 

On 10/14/2021 at 11:39 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

I sworeeee i read or saw a video on Cover 1, that obada played last week, cause I remember being surprised.

Can anyone verify?

image.thumb.png.5cebafec3bc256347f2343fe47bec630.png

...........Obada played 40 % of the defensive snaps.  He had the 3rd most DE snaps on the team.  All 6 DE played and had 33% or more of the snaps. .................      https://billswire.usatoday.com/lists/buffalo-bills-snap-counts-depth-chart-kansas-city-chiefs-2/

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/14/2021 at 9:14 AM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Brieda to me is more a McKenzie back up than an rb back up. Which plays a role in my opinion of wanting to upgrade that rb spot

We haven't had a need for him to play yet but an upgrade in depth especially if its cheap is something the bills should look into. 

We have 2 rbs in my opinion right now and grabbing a vet to place on the practice squad. Kind of like they did last year with freeman 

I don't care what role you want to assign Breida, he has officially become TJ Yeldon. He won't play at all unless one of our 2 mediocre rbs get injured. 

On 10/16/2021 at 4:21 AM, CSBill said:

Beane is always full of surprises, but NOPE, I do not see any trades coming. .... Unless it's someone like Ford (a back-up) for draft picks. (Note: The Bills have protected PS player, Jamil Douglas, every week. I keep wondering why?)

If we could land a decent TE for Addison,  I'd do it.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.