Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think they are just waiting for right time to bring Stevenson off IR

Ā 

Agree.Ā  If someone is headed to the IR for any real length of time they will bring him back if position wise it makes sense.

If not the only move I see Beane making before the trade deadline is to maybe open up a spot to bring him back.

Other than that I say the "song remains the same".

6 hours ago, Nitro said:

No in season trades.Ā  The defense is working well so not the time to upset that.

Ā 

The only trades I can see happening are if there is an injury and the team wants to replace a key player. That's nice insurance to have in the coming few weeks. But I just don't see the Bills unloading talent when they have a roster that is a well oiled machine and runs on depth. I also don't see them going over the top to add talent (when there isn't an injury need) given that they are strapped for cap space and don't really have that one glaring need.Ā 

Ā 

The only trade I could maybe see that isn't injury related is if they want some depth at corner. But they seem to like Jackson and Neal so I am not sure if they feel they need to upgrade there. As I have said if there is an injury and they want some depth they might make a small end trade. But they just don't have any glaring need or one key piece missing or even a need for depth at the moment. First time as a fan I can say that, feels good.

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I can't see them making many moves.

Phillips for a 7th round pick - conditional 6th if he hits playing time

I would still give a 4th for Ertz.Ā  Gilliam offers almost nothing in two TE sets.Ā Ā 

Maybe try to bring in another veteran corner

Iā€™m all for bringing in anyone to help boost our chances in the postseason. Ā I think the ship has already sailed on Ertz though. Ā He would play the same role as Knox without the downfield speed (for a TE) and doesnā€™t offer much in blocking. Ā Using Ertz as a 2nd TE would also take one of our productive WR off the field. Ā I guess he could spell Knox but Dawsonā€™s already playing a lot of snaps. Ā 
Ā 

So for the amount of usage that heā€™ll see as Knoxā€™s replacement, I donā€™t think Iā€™d give Philly a 4th

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I would still give a 4th for Ertz.Ā  Gilliam offers almost nothing in two TE sets.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Blocking?Ā  He can also flex out to the backfield if they are under center.Ā  I'd argue flexibility is one thing he offers, and his blocking is another.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Ā 

Blocking?Ā  He can also flex out to the backfield if they are under center.Ā  I'd argue flexibility is one thing he offers, and his blocking is another.

Ā 

Ā 

He also has been on the field for 89% of special teams snaps.Ā  He ain't going anywhere.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, FireChans said:

Do you want to trade for Cyrus Kouandijo?

This made me curious as to Cyrus' whereabouts these days.

Ā 

https://3downnation.com/2021/07/19/former-nfl-ol-potential-riders-starter-cyrus-kouandjio-decides-to-retire/

Ā 

Former NFL offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio has elected to retire, head coach Craig Dickenson revealed in his media availability on Monday.

Ā 

Dickenson said the team tried to convince Kouandjio to play this season, but heā€™s suffering from knee pain. The six-foot-seven, 322-pound blocker is unwilling to continue playing through the pain to pursue professional football.
Ā 

On 10/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I would package Ed Oliver and AJ Epenesa a high round pick for Aaron Donald.Ā  It'll never happen but just letting you guys know that I would do it.

Those who disagree are crazy!

Haha,..that would be truly awesome and put us on the doorsteps to SB victory

4 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I could see a corner or even an rb if we wanted an upgrade to brieda

Ā 

Maybe everyones favorite tight end ertz as well just to put us way over the top offensively

why would we care about upgrading Brieda when we haven't even put him on the field.Ā  I think the Bills are saving him for the 2nd half of the season.Ā  His speed kills.Ā 

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

At this point I donā€™t wanna do anything thatā€™s going to slow down Dawsonā€™s production hertz would do that no thank you on that

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

This made me curious as to Cyrus' whereabouts these days.

Ā 

https://3downnation.com/2021/07/19/former-nfl-ol-potential-riders-starter-cyrus-kouandjio-decides-to-retire/

Ā 

Former NFL offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio has elected to retire, head coach Craig Dickenson revealed in his media availability on Monday.

Ā 

Dickenson said the team tried to convince Kouandjio to play this season, but heā€™s suffering from knee pain. The six-foot-seven, 322-pound blocker is unwilling to continue playing through the pain to pursue professional football.
Ā 

Must suck. This guy has been suffering from knee pain ever since he entered the league.Ā 

13 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Ā 

The only trades I can see happening are if there is an injury and the team wants to replace a key player. That's nice insurance to have in the coming few weeks. But I just don't see the Bills unloading talent when they have a roster that is a well oiled machine and runs on depth. I also don't see them going over the top to add talent (when there isn't an injury need) given that they are strapped for cap space and don't really have that one glaring need.Ā 

Ā 

The only trade I could maybe see that isn't injury related is if they want some depth at corner. But they seem to like Jackson and Neal so I am not sure if they feel they need to upgrade there. As I have said if there is an injury and they want some depth they might make a small end trade. But they just don't have any glaring need or one key piece missing or even a need for depth at the moment. First time as a fan I can say that, feels good.

I could see taking a good CB off a practice squad and stashing him to educate up to play next year.Ā  That is a way to continued success- Let other teams sift through the lower drafted players and cheery pick future contriubuters

13 hours ago, dneveu said:

Ā 

Ā 

Folks need to stop viewing Gilliam as a TE. The guy is a 6 foot flat, 245 pound FB/H-back that can be moved around to create a numbers advantage in the running/screen game. Heā€™s here to block and play special teams, not catch passes. Now, Iā€™m sure heā€™ll have a few pass catching opportunities on big downs in his career, but itā€™ll be a surprise to everyone just like it was when Daboll would draw up a play for Lee Smith.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

IMO,Ā 

Weā€™ve traded, swapped, drafted, signed FAs, everything for the past few years to build towards this moment. There is no point in trading players for a 6th, 7th, or even 5th..Ā 

Itā€™ll have to be a REAL good return to risk our depth that McBeane has assembled.Ā 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't trade a bag of mouldy tomatoes for Ertz at this point. We have our #1 Tight End. Your #2 tight end when you are only carrying two better be able to block. Ertz is an awful blocker.

I was gonna say much the same about Ertz. Knox has shown me enough at this point that Ertz is no real improvement. Barring injuries I'd stand pat at this point.Ā 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Folks need to stop viewing Gilliam as a TE. The guy is a 6 foot flat, 245 pound FB/H-back that can be moved around to create a numbers advantage in the running/screen game. Heā€™s here to block and play special teams, not catch passes. Now, Iā€™m sure heā€™ll have a few pass catching opportunities on big downs in his career, but itā€™ll be a surprise to everyone just like it was when Daboll would draw up a play for Lee Smith.Ā 

Gilliam is a freak athlete that creates mismatchā€™s too. Ā Iā€™d bet Gillian makes a few good plays for us this year. Ā But heā€™s here for special teams and blocking

Ā 

Gilliam is 6ā€™1 255 and ran a 4.62

Ā 

Ā 

Gilliam could be a lock for the 53-man rosterĀ One of the bigger surprises of the 2021 Bills preseason has been the usage and play of fullback Reggie Gilliam. The second-year player out of Toledo was incredibly effective on Saturday, with eight rushes for 24 yards and two touchdowns. While Gilliam has officially shifted to fullback this year, he has the flexibility to make an impact at tight end and on special teams. This flexibility makes him an intriguing option for the 53-man roster. Gilliam remains a fun ā€œone to watchā€ as part of a loaded Bills offense this preseason.

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.