Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

I have to say that I honestly hope the Bills don't make a trade. I realize anything is possible, but it's quite unlikely any NFL Front Office has another Bill O'Brien moment trading Nuke for a 2nd Rounder - that's a no brainer. Otherwise, the team chemistry is one of the reasons the Offense AND Defense is clicking. Also, let's remember Cody Ford is in his 3rd year and was in and out of the games last year due to injury, so he had his Rookie year in full. Sometimes, we just need to be patient and trust that McD, Beane and the coaches know how to view their team's ability to improve in certain positions and players. Keeping in mind he's only 24 years old and in his 3rd year - sounds similar to another player bantered about on this board....basically, let's not "Wyatt Teller" his career just yet...

McDermott and Beane and all of their staffs have been impressive and I have total confidence in their decisions, but IMHO don't think they make a significant move without the aforementioned no brainer type of trade.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Beane needs to be very careful about upsetting the chemistry of that room. I think any proposed trade would have to blow him out of the water to mess with what is happening right now. I doubt the Bills’ FO agrees with most fans regarding what they “need” at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's great that we're getting calls.. but the whole point of our D-line is to be fresh.. This rotation is what will allow them to still be successful if the offense has an off day and the D needs to play a ton of snaps, or a KC type game shakes out. Thanks but no thanks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Can we get Trevon Diggs?

Ya know we all laugh about stuff like this but there’s something to be said about it. When was the last time the Bills could attract a player like Diggs just because he wants to win a super bowl with his brother? How cool would that be for the both of them? It’s the sort of thing people live for!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I wonder if McBean has gotten any calls about Mitch? Russell Wilson and Daniel Jones both went down this weekend, on top of the already depleted qb situation across the league. 

I'm sure we've gotten calls, but this is going to be the longest season in NFL history (and I've got a feeling we will be in it for the full duration; fingers crossed); opening up that kind of risk is pretty frightening. I'm not sure McBeane would put us in that kind of a position, at least not unless we get an exorbitant return on the trade. Granted: We aren't seeing Fromm in practice, so we don't know his trajectory, but I--for one--don't believe he's suddenly built the arm strength and pocket awareness to allow Daboll to feel comfortable handing him this offense, should Allen go down. All speculation, of course, but that's just my take. 

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

Do you want to trade for Cyrus Kouandijo?

Can we trade for the field he watered? Asking for a friend :bag:

Ford and one of Phillips/Butler would be my guess, if we decided to trade anyone.  

I'd assume for picks - as mentioned earlier in the thread, Beane knows we have people to pay moving forward - Building through the Draft will be more important than ever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

You would not get that. He was not a starter before and is not one now, unless it is on a team that is in the lower half of the league.  I would go for a high 4th round pick,  something like #10.

If we pick at #30 (probably #32 now !) that would enable us to package our 3rd or 4th round pick and move up significantly

Round 3-30   =====> Round 3-13   (+ 17 slots )   overall #97 ===> #77   or

Round 4-30 =====> Round 3-29    (+31 slots)     overall #126 ===>#93

Getting extra picks in the top 100 is good as that is where there is a fall off in the quality of the rookies.

It might be that they are also showcasing him for a trade?

Cool.  Thanks for informing me of this

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Ford and one of Phillips/Butler would be my guess, if we decided to trade anyone.  

I'd assume for picks - as mentioned earlier in the thread, Beane knows we have people to pay moving forward - Building through the Draft will be more important than ever.

I agree with this, but wouldn’t a rental player like Joe Haden put the Bills over the top? Not saying that it would happen, but I’ll never underestimate Brandon Beane.

If we do trade anyway any dline the obvious choices are guys like Vernon Butler or Harrison Phillips unless a team was desperate enough to offer a high draft pick for Addison or Hughes.

And if we ever activate marquez stevenson Butler or Phillips is getting released anyway.

Regarding the DB interest on our end this isn't surprising but can't imagine we would part ways with any draft picks of note to get one midseason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.