Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

There’s no way Gettelman is trading Barkley.  He might as well waive a white flag and pack his bags if that happens.  Only chance Gettelman keeps his job is if Jones shows something rest of year and trading Barkley doesn’t help that.  

I don't see anyway Gettleman survives. The Giants are a mess and it looks like another season is in the toilet for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they clean house and get rid of Judge as well

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is a Question for the bye week. IF the Giants put Barkley on the Block would Bills fans be interested? 

I tend to shy away from trading for RBs but I think I would make the call and point to the INJ history to drop the asking price.  I could get on board with this idea. 

Barkley’s a bust imo... why on Earth would the Bills want yo trade for him?

Edited by JaCrispy

11 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I don't see anyway Gettleman survives. The Giants are a mess and it looks like another season is in the toilet for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they clean house and get rid of Judge as well

Yep. Gettleman and Judge out and they bring "competition" in for Jones the way that the Broncos did for Lock this summer... a vet that ultimately wins the job. I doubt they try and take a QB in a weak class again as they did in 2019. Much better waiting a year or so.

• Like (+1) 1

RB isn't a big need.

G/CB would be great.

If we get a good pass rusher, it will probably be from developing him rather than trading for him.

Cap is an issue. Yeah, we could fit someone by kicking cans, but they are already down to $15M next year. They don't need to lower that figure any.

I expect the Bills will just roll with Sweeney and Morris while Knox heals. We have a bye week followed by an easy slate of games and a broken hand doesn't take too long to heal. No need to make a panic move.

I would love to get a legit pass catching RB like Barkley or Sanders. That is the last piece this offense is missing to become unstoppable. Yeah our run blocking is mediocre but also our RBs are slow. Imagine our offense with RB swing passes and screens that have a chance of gaining good yardage.

I'm meh on trading for a guard. Norwell isn't going anywhere, Urban Meyer coached him at Ohio State and loves him.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He's not a bust. Dude is crazy talented, he's just been hurt a lot. The giants actually have good skill players, but the line and QB are average or worse

There are plenty of athletes who are talented, who never amount to anything, regardless of circumstances...that’s just where I see Barkley...It’s a shame, but as of his 4th year in the league, it is what it is...

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He's not a bust. Dude is crazy talented, he's just been hurt a lot. The giants actually have good skill players, but the line and QB are average or worse

I live in NJ so I see how badly the Giants have fallen and since their last Super Bowl they have been "Jets level" bad. They are a complete mess from top to bottom.

59 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Barkley’s a bust imo... why on Earth would the Bills want yo trade for him?

Barkley's not a bust. He had over 2000 yards combined as a rookie with 15 TD's. That was with Manning as his QB. 2nd year he had over 1,400 yards combined with 8 TD's. Last year was his ACL tear and this year being eased back in he hurt his ankle. You saw what he could do when they started to lean on him against NO and then the next week he gets hurt on a fluke play. I'd DEFINITELY go after Barkley if he is made available. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Gettleman and Judge out and they bring "competition" in for Jones the way that the Broncos did for Lock this summer... a vet that ultimately wins the job. I doubt they try and take a QB in a weak class again as they did in 2019. Much better waiting a year or so.

Is this truly a weak class?  Who are the top guys this year vs next? 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Norwell the guard at Jax would be a great get and he was a Panther! He would only bring a cap hit of $2m this year too but it baloons next year so you would have to restructure.

Norwell has a $12M base salary this season.   I assume the acquiring team would take on the prorated portion of that figure.    If that's the case,   his salary is high enough that waiting a week or two would save considerable cap room for a strapped team like Buffalo.   

23 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Is this truly a weak class?  Who are the top guys this year vs next? 

So this year's class there is the Corral at Ole Miss, Howell at NC and then this kid at Liberty (wherever the hell that is?!?). Don't love anyone yet...

Next year there is Young out of Bama and then not sure. I don't tend to focus a lot on the year after. 

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Norwell has a $12M base salary this season.   I assume the acquiring team would take on the prorated portion of that figure.    If that's the case,   his salary is high enough that waiting a week or two would save considerable cap room for a strapped team like Buffalo.   

Sorry you are right, he does. I was looking at the wrong line on Spotrac. That probably rules him out.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Would anyone be open to a 4th for Beckham? 

or maybe a 4th for Engram. 

Neither, actually. 

Engram:  I do like his speed. As a TE he's a match up nightmare...when he plays. That's been and continues to be his issue.

Beckham isn't the player he once was and frankly I don't see him as anything above the #3 WR here if he was a Bill behind Diggs and Sanders. 

1 hour ago, BTB said:

You would not be getting Barkley for a mid-round pick. 

If Barkley is traded he would probably only get a 3rd at best, and more likely a 4th.  Fans ALWAYS grossly over value players in trade.  RB's are have the lowest value of them all.  And Barkley had one great season, his rookie year and a good 2nd season.  He has done nothing in 2 years and been injury prone.  

The NFL history it littered with the bodies of RB's who came out the gate and made a big impact and then never lived up to that production again, and thats WITHOUT injuries.  Barry Sanders played behind one off the worst OL I have ever seen...still dominant.  Barkley has struggled behind that line and hasn't shown anyone he can get stay healthy or even get back to form once healthy.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.