Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Can you trade for an injured player?

With the new rules, yes. I looked it up. I believe he would still have to stay on IR for 3 weeks minimum. Realistically I see no chance of this actually happening but I think it improves a major weakness.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I just don't see anything big happening with the Bills.

Maybe a player swap (DL for an OL) if the money was about the same but that would be about it.

I don't think Bills will do anything at all myself. imo I believe they have confidence in what they have and stay the course. Unless (don't believe in jinx's...I don't believe in jinx's, but knock on wood anyway) a major injury happens on Sunday or anytime before deadline.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't think Bills will do anything at all myself. imo I believe they have confidence in what they have and stay the course. Unless (don't believe in jinx's...I don't believe in jinx's, but knock on wood anyway) a major injury happens on Sunday or anytime before deadline.

Yep and the only trade I mentioned is more to address what seems to me McDermott's reactions to how the OL has played.

It's seems the only thing that might get attention.

I don't hear anything that would make me thing WR, TE, RB or CB.

19 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

He’s also on the OL… he also will be asked to catch ball from a QB that puts heat on the ball. He’ll be in piles…. You ever go to block or tackle in a game and you hand gets smashed? Buying time is just insurance, but in the meantime you add a whole other dimension with possibly Knox and Engram together.

Im sure the Bills want home field advantage. IMO when chasing a potential championship and your TE requires hand surgery…. I think it may be worth a 5th if that’s the going price. I see Knox back week 11 vs Indy, but I also bet he won’t be a huge part of the game plan for risk reasons.

All indications are that Knox will likely be back before week 11.  But we'll know Saturday.  If they feel he needs 4 weeks to recover (3 games) and won't return until Week 11 (ie 3 games) it will make sense to put him on IR and activate someone else.

It's my understanding they have until Saturday at 4 pm to make such moves.

22 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I just don't see anything big happening with the Bills.

Maybe a player swap (DL for an OL) if the money was about the same but that would be about it.

A DL for OL swap would make some sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

If Mccaffrey is available, Beane’s at least gotta make a call and find out what Carolina wants.  I know he’s injury prone, but his remaining contract ain’t bad and he’d obviously be a huge upgrade.  

Don’t get Sherlock started this early in the day

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Mccaffrey is available, Beane’s at least gotta make a call and find out what Carolina wants.  I know he’s injury prone, but his remaining contract ain’t bad and he’d obviously be a huge upgrade.  

The three plays he has before he gets injured again have big yard potential.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/ian-rapoport-miami-dolphins-wide-receiver-devante-parker-up-for-a-possibl-273429

Devante Parker is available.  No way the Phins trade him within the division, but I'd love to give Josh a WR that can body DBs.

With the injury to Javon Kinlaw, I wonder if SF is looking for a replacement? Would Harrison Phillips or Vernon Butler be of interest? Would SF be willing to trade Aiyuk? Aiyuk and Deebo basically serves the same purpose for the team. Would Aiyuk be a fit on the Bills? He’s a good YAC receiver. Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

With the injury to Javon Kinlaw, I wonder if SF is looking for a replacement? Would Harrison Phillips or Vernon Butler be of interest? Would SF be willing to trade Aiyuk? Aiyuk and Deebo basically serves the same purpose for the team. Would Aiyuk be a fit on the Bills? He’s a good YAC receiver. Thoughts?

Everything you said intrigues me. Even getting a conditional pick for Butler would be a win and would clear some money to make another move.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.