Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, appoo said:

He want hard after Stefon Diggs and I think he dumped Marcel Dareus at the trade dealine

Also went hard after Emmanuel Sanders in 2019 and Denver wouldn’t trade him in conference (plus Denver played buffalo in a couple weeks)

the dareus trade went down 4 years ago today 

Edited by YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Would surprise me if we did. Other than Kelvin B I can't think of any in season trades he made?

I would really love a move for a guard though. Long season, plenty of time to get him acclimated b4 a playoff run

Lol, that's same thing I said. Wouldn't surprise me if Bills don't make a single trade that brings another player to the roster. I think it's more a chance if anything is done that Bills trade a current player away than over bringing a new one in. Never know though, just my guess anyway

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also went hard after Emmanuel Sanders in 2019 and Denver wouldn’t trade him in conference (plus Denver played buffalo in a couple weeks)

the dareus trade went down 4 years ago today 

I looked him up thanks to your post! Marcel Dareus is out of football right now.  Which is a shame for a guy that's a two time pro bowler, 1 time 1st Team All Pro.  Wonder what he did.

Buffalo has poked around Engram for 3 years now it feels like.  I could see Beane going after him for a mid rd pick.  I also would not dismiss Brandin Cooks.  Instant deep threat.  Buffalocan platoon the Wrs like they do the Dline.  Idk.  I think if ever there was a year to swing big its this year right?

44 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Beane had previously traded away Watkins and Darby, but trading Dareus and getting his contract of the books was the real beginning of the turnaround.

Nah.  It was the end of them possibly having an extended playoff run like Jacksonville did that season though.   They were 4-2 and playing dominating defense when they dealt Dareus......they were 5-5 the rest of the way and experienced their worst 3 game defensive stretch in franchise history.    Dareus went to Jax and the Jaguars run defense flipped from bottom of the league to the top........he put up 2 sacks and 4 TFL in their run to the AFCCG.   He wasn't a long term fit for McDermott's culture but they don't make the playoffs in 2017 without his contributions early in that season.   He was playing tremendous as the DT1T.       

42 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo has poked around Engram for 3 years now it feels like.  I could see Beane going after him for a mid rd pick.  I also would not dismiss Brandin Cooks.  Instant deep threat.  Buffalocan platoon the Wrs like they do the Dline.  Idk.  I think if ever there was a year to swing big its this year right?

I thought they might be interested in Cooks if things boiled over with Beasley and they had to make a move with him............but seems like Beas got his sh*t under control.   We will see if he gets back to social media bickering with the world after the deadline though.  

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah.  It was the end of them possibly having an extended playoff run like Jacksonville did that season though.   They were 4-2 and playing dominating defense when they dealt Dareus......they were 5-5 the rest of the way and experienced their worst 3 game defensive stretch in franchise history.    Dareus went to Jax and the Jaguars run defense flipped from bottom of the league to the top........he put up 2 sacks and 4 TFL in their run to the AFCCG.   He wasn't a long term fit for McDermott's culture but they don't make the playoffs in 2017 without his contributions early in that season.   He was playing tremendous as the DT1T.

He may have made some kind of an impact improving Jags D back then, but I'm not sure if I'd say only reason they made post season was because of Dareus alone. Anyway, not all that important regardless, but just wanted to point out that he didn't do much after that if I remember correctly. So all in all seemed like the right move for Beane parting ways.

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would hope Bills would be all over this of it happened. 

Like I said,  I've discussed flipping him for Beasley when he was losing his sh*t on social........Beas is from Texas and is on a cheaper contract next year so that might appeal to Houston.......and maybe throw in a late pick to sweeten it.    But if you don't clear playing time I'm not sure where Cooks gets the snaps and I get the feeling that he would not be happy being a reserve and knowing he would be dumped into free agency with bad stats after the season.    So you probably gotta' clear snaps for him to keep him happy.    

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like I said,  I've discussed flipping him for Beasley when he was losing his sh*t on social........Beas is from Texas and is on a cheaper contract next year so that might appeal to Houston.......and maybe throw in a late pick to sweeten it.    But if you don't clear playing time I'm not sure where Cooks gets the snaps and I get the feeling that he would not be happy being a reserve and knowing he would be dumped into free agency with bad stats after the season.    So you probably gotta' clear snaps for him to keep him happy.    

Although I'd prefer Beasley, but if that scenario did happen I wouldn't be too disappointed. I feel like Beasley may have possibly got the hint finally since his Tweeterbookspace has been deleted. Hopefully he finally moves on and gets back on track. Had a good game against Titans and was great to see. Hope it continues...

I just think he is the better slot WR for the Bills and Josh being familiar with each other.

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Meh.  They were actually 3-2 with him (he was inactive for the Denver game), beat two 5-11 teams and in the Falcons (10-6) win, the defense allowed 147 yards rushing, and Marcel didn't register a single defensive statistic.  The defense might have suffered a little after he was traded, but the team gained immensely from shipping him out. 

And as an aside, I hope we're witnessing the same thing happening with the Sabres.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Meh.  They were actually 3-2 with him (he was inactive for the Denver game), beat two 5-11 teams and in the Falcons (10-6) win, the defense allowed 147 yards rushing, and Marcel didn't register a single defensive statistic.  The defense might have suffered a little after he was traded, but the team gained immensely from shipping him out. 

Yeah that's about how i remember it. After going to Jags he made a couple plays here and there and possibly did help that DL to a certain extent. However I wouldn't go as far to say he was reason they went to playoffs. imo he was certainly wasn't anything to brag about that very short stint as a Jag lol

46 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Are you saying trading Dareus was a mistake?

I think that, if a trade is made, it should be from the D-Line.  And for a CB or a draft pick.  When we have two good D-Linemen inactive each week it seems like a bit of an inefficient use of resources.   Not sure who would go, but if the price is right, there could be some wiggle room there.  

I do not expect a trade, but could see that as a way to build draft capital, to move around next year.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.