Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Breida and Sanders have the exact same career yards per carry average at 4.9. 

Sanders is 24, Breida is 26.

Based on age and rushing yards per attempt, it doesn't seem like the gap between the two is that big.

Sanders is 15 lbs heavier, with the ability to run in between and outside the tackles. Sanders has displayed the ability to gain yards behind a porous offensive line. IMO, Miles Sanders is an upgrade.

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

I know we have Covid going around….I see another issue it’s called

Shiny 

High

Impact

Toy

Syndrome

Or S.H.I.T.S

17 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

TE Sweeney Todd: The Demon Baller of Orchard Park

That’s Tommy Sweeney

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think another Tight End is a no brainer whether that is somebody like Engram, Ebron or Hurst.  Doesn’t matter.  Now that Knox has become an offensive weapon, getting 2 Tight Ends on the field would make this offense almost un-stoppable.  Teams cannot cover Sanders and Diggs.  2 Tight Ends in max protect and also the ability to run routes… good luck stopping that.  I’d rather have an extra Tight End on the field than Beasley or Davis.  

I wouldn't mind another TE.  Not sure why Engram has not been productive consistently, however.  At any rate, a TE like that might be a lower round pick and replace Knox until he returns, then we can run the 2 TE sets sometimes.  Makes the offense even that harder to prepare to play.  

7 hours ago, BTB said:

Acquiring another RB would be a waste of time. The OL run blocking is below average, and at this point, the pass blocking isn’t much better. 

the pass blocking is worse than the run blocking, IMO.  That said, a RB who can deal with a bad OL (Sanders) would be a worthwhile pickup.  

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Matt Breida hasn't been consistently good since the 2018...MAYBE 2019 season. He's really not the player he was then. 

This year he can't find the field over Moss and Singletary. Last year he couldn't beat out some really bad Dolphin RBs to even dress on game day. He had 1 really solid game last season against NE but the Dolphins had other backs run wild on them that day too.

Sanders is younger, less injury history and has shown he can create yards on his own behind a lackluster OL.

So what does this say about the NFL’s greatest GM(according to his biggest fans here)?

20 minutes ago, BTB said:

So what does this say about the NFL’s greatest GM(according to his biggest fans here)?

Says you have to sign and maintain a 53 man roster. Can't all be All-Pros. 

Also, I didn't mind the signing. Low risk with potential for a big payoff if Breida back to his old self. It's actually what good GMs do...

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BTB said:

Uhhh… he’s literally the reigning and defending executive of the year 😂

And you’re trying to take a dig at him for signing veteran depth with past production? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Here is a Question for the bye week. IF the Giants put Barkley on the Block would Bills fans be interested? 

I tend to shy away from trading for RBs but I think I would make the call and point to the INJ history to drop the asking price.  I could get on board with this idea. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is a Question for the bye week. IF the Giants put Barkley on the Block would Bills fans be interested? 

I tend to shy away from trading for RBs but I think I would make the call and point to the INJ history to drop the asking price.  I could get on board with this idea. 

Personally, the injury concern would worry me. I’d prefer inquiring about Miles. He was considered Saquan 2.0 at Penn State

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ngbills said:

Sanders - 4.49 vs DS 4.66 and Moss 4.7. That is a big difference. And Sanders is listed at 211 which is heavier than both of them. 

I wouldn’t have spent a pick on either DS or Moss before the 6th, but that’s just me.

14 hours ago, Papa g said:

We need tight end help w Knox injury Engram ,hurst ,geseki and Henry or Smith .Though a trade w dolphins or pats unlikely .I like Ingram as a catcher hurst as a blocker .

Hayden Hurst actually makes sense to me. I think he is a do it all tight end who can block and catch passes. He isn't a Dawson Know in terms of athletic ability but he is a better blocker and a reliable receiver. He had over 500 yards and 6 touchdowns last year in Atlanta. 

In terms of value obviously he was a first round pick. The value of the trade that sent him to Atlanta by the Jimmy Johnson chart valued Hurst as a high second rounder essentially. I wouldn't pay that, especially when he is a FA after the season. But Atlanta's season is toast so maybe they'd be willing to take something rather than lose him for nothing..... (that said might he attract a high enough contract in FA to be 3rd round comp pick value?). Depending on how serious the injury to Knox is I'd offer a 5th. See what they say. I don't feel great about Tommy Sweeney and two lottery tickets on the PS the rest of the way if Knox is going to be hampered all year. 

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I would DEFINITELY be in on Barkley. If this offense had a top tier RB then we would literally be unstoppable. He's had a couple of ankle injuries and the ACL, but I wouldn't call him injury prone by any means and he is a true all purpose RB. This would maximize our window over the next couple of seasons imo. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I wouldn’t have spent a pick on either DS or Moss before the 6th, but that’s just me.

I certainly didn't think either were day 2 guys. 4th round I could have got on board with. The way I think about running backs is essentially a subtract a round. 

So I have never given a running back a top 10 grade. For me to give a running back a 1st round grade I have to think they are a perennial all pro type talent who can do it all. 

So for me to give a guy a 2nd round grade I have to think he can be a high end starter (which for most other positions would be a round 1 grade). For me to give a guy a 3rd round grade I have to believe they can be a solid multiple year starter and then when you get into the 4th is when I can consider role players and complimentary players (which for most positions is round 3). To me both Singletary and Moss are complimentary backs and the Bills are forever trying to decide on match up and hot hand etc between them because neither has that ideal high volume back infront of them to compliment.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, H2o said:

I would DEFINITELY be in on Barkley. If this offense had a top tier RB then we would literally be unstoppable. He's had a couple of ankle injuries and the ACL, but I wouldn't call him injury prone by any means and he is a true all purpose RB. This would maximize our window over the next couple of seasons imo. 

Its a no brainer if he is available.   You get one of the most talented backs in the league for the rest of this year, and all of next year for a little less than 10 million dollars total.    If he continues to be injury prone you move on after 2022.   

I haven’t read through the entire thread but isn’t the obvious answer to go fishing on the rosters of teams that are clear 2021 bottom feeders? Unfortunately two of them, the Jets and Dolphins are not going to trade with the Bills. So who’s left? Jacksonville? Houston? Detroit? NY Giants? 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its a no brainer if he is available.   You get one of the most talented backs in the league for the rest of this year, and all of next year for a little less than 10 million dollars total.    If he continues to be injury prone you move on after 2022.   

I just can’t see the Giants trading Barkley, especially to the Bills, mainly for political/PR reasons.  It was absolutely insane to use the second pick in the draft on him, especially with Eli washed up and Josh Allen still on the board.  Trading him to the Bills for a mid round pick now makes them look even worse.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I haven’t read through the entire thread but isn’t the obvious answer to go fishing on the rosters of teams that are clear 2021 bottom feeders? Unfortunately two of them, the Jets and Dolphins are not going to trade with the Bills. So who’s left? Jacksonville? Houston? Detroit? NY Giants? 

Norwell the guard at Jax would be a great get and he was a Panther! He would only bring a cap hit of $2m this year too but it baloons next year so you would have to restructure.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Dean Marlowe? 😄  He's had less holding penalties on 102 yard KR TDs

jzwfpwm9fvapkz8sr50d

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

I just can’t see the Giants trading Barkley, especially to the Bills, mainly for political/PR reasons.  It was absolutely insane to use the second pick in the draft on him, especially with Eli washed up and Josh Allen still on the board.  Trading him to the Bills for a mid round pick now makes them look even worse.

You would not be getting Barkley for a mid-round pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.