Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I like Sanders well enough, but I don't really see how he gives our offense an element that Matt Breida wouldn't. 

If they want to add speed to the backfield, they need only to make active on game day the running back that's already on their roster, already knows the playbook, and won't cost any draft compensation to acquire.

Matt Breida hasn't been consistently good since the 2018...MAYBE 2019 season. He's really not the player he was then. 

This year he can't find the field over Moss and Singletary. Last year he couldn't beat out some really bad Dolphin RBs to even dress on game day. He had 1 really solid game last season against NE but the Dolphins had other backs run wild on them that day too.

Sanders is younger, less injury history and has shown he can create yards on his own behind a lackluster OL.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have no problem trading 5-7 round picks for someone that would help now. Losing those types of picks for a help us now guy is a no brainer. 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I like Sanders well enough, but I don't really see how he gives our offense an element that Matt Breida wouldn't. 

If they want to add speed to the backfield, they need only to make active on game day the running back that's already on their roster, already knows the playbook, and won't cost any draft compensation to acquire.

If Breida = Sanders then our coaching staff has a lot of explaining to do why he is not even active for games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Matt Breida hasn't been consistently good since the 2018...MAYBE 2019 season. He's really not the player he was then. 

This year he can't find the field over Moss and Singletary. Last year he couldn't beat out some really bad Dolphin RBs to even dress on game day. He had 1 really solid game last season against NE but the Dolphins had other backs run wild on them that day too.

Sanders is younger, less injury history and has shown he can create yards on his own behind a lackluster OL.

I could definitely get behind Singletary plus a mid-round pick for Miles Sanders, but are you willing to give him a second contract?  If not, we're doing that for a 2 year player. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I could definitely get behind Singletary plus a mid-round pick for Miles Sanders, but are you willing to give him a second contract?  If not, we're doing that for a 2 year player. 

The counter point, not that I'm advocating it, is any veteran that will draw interest plays a role in the comp pick formula. It's a reason why teams will trade 3rd or 4th rounders knowing they will get them back.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Reader said:

The counter point, not that I'm advocating it, is any veteran that will draw interest plays a role in the comp pick formula. It's a reason why teams will trade 3rd or 4th rounders knowing they will get them back.

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No problem giving away 5-7 rounders for a rental player. Heck even 2-4 round picks would be considered. With our roster we have 2nd rounders not even active on game days. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ngbills said:

If Breida = Sanders then our coaching staff has a lot of explaining to do why he is not even active for games. 

39 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Breida and Sanders have the exact same career yards per carry average at 4.9. 

Sanders is 24, Breida is 26.

Based on age and rushing yards per attempt, it doesn't seem like the gap between the two is that big.

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I would be 100% behind a mid round pick (later if Motor is added) for a 2 year rental if it increases odds of winning a Super Bowl. As someone else stated you could make it back with a comp pick or just let him to. Worry about 2 years from now in about 18 months.

• Agree 1

Just now, Logic said:

Breida and Sanders have the exact same career yards per carry average at 4.9. 

Sanders is 24, Breida is 26.

Based on age and rushing yards per attempt, it doesn't seem like the gap between the two is that big.

Sanders has produced at that level in the last year consistently. Breida hasn't been productive in about 2-3 years....since being injured. Numbers don't always tell the story.

3 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Not quite a trade opportunity, but can Jerome Bettis come back and play for 4 months? 🙂

That goal line attempt vs the Titans was the Bus' bread and butter play. I wish we had a back like him even if for spot duty. 

Only for the bus to be tackled by Dion Dawkins😎

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I want a Super Bowl win and I want it now! Keep the cash/money 😎

I think another Tight End is a no brainer whether that is somebody like Engram, Ebron or Hurst.  Doesn’t matter.  Now that Knox has become an offensive weapon, getting 2 Tight Ends on the field would make this offense almost un-stoppable.  Teams cannot cover Sanders and Diggs.  2 Tight Ends in max protect and also the ability to run routes… good luck stopping that.  I’d rather have an extra Tight End on the field than Beasley or Davis.  

29 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Dont see any sense in giving up a pick for Sanders when I think the difference between he and Singletary is negligible. 

I’m gonna go right ahead and disagree with that, Sanders actually has a top end speed element.  Singletary is just not fast. 

28 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I’m gonna go right ahead and disagree with that, Sanders actually has a top end speed element.  Singletary is just not fast. 

Sanders - 4.49 vs DS 4.66 and Moss 4.7. That is a big difference. And Sanders is listed at 211 which is heavier than both of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.