Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

I think looking into Miles Sanders would be pretty smart. He is really fast and there is no way it would cost that much. You could even trade them Singletary if it made it easier. That’s not how I’d do it but I realize there is only 1 ball. Sanders would absolutely be a home run threat and can also help the passing game. There id an element of speed missing from our offense and that is a pretty reasonable option that id realistic IMO

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Just don’t get that feel they will be aggressive…. They are very conservative when it comes to mortgaging their future and cap space…. But they did make a trade(and a bad one) for Kelvin Benjamin in Beane first year at the deadline.

I don't put that on Beane. He was on pace for a 1000 yard season when he came to the Bills.  Then he got Tuh-ROD'd.   There was no indication that Benjamin would immediately turn into a lazy bum in his only full year with the Bills. 

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Just don’t get that feel they will be aggressive…. They are very conservative when it comes to mortgaging their future and cap space…. But they did make a trade(and a bad one) for Kelvin Benjamin in Beane first year at the deadline.

If they can, they will.  The cap is the issue.

• Agree 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, JaCrispy said:

Hoping we don’t give up any of our DL...an injury here or there and we could be short handed in no time...screw saving money! we need all hands on deck for a championship run! 👍

But if it got us a corner that dresses in exchange for a guy not even dressing when we have both a surplus of bodies but also could consolidate snaps into a tighter rotation if someone went down would you complain?

32 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

As an aside, how can Ford not crack the starting lineup on this OL?  

Durrr, because he wasn't gettin' 'er done with regard to pass protection.  Our line was a sieve with him in there.  It's bad, but he was grading out the worst.

32 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m fine trading him for anything at this point.  Engram for Ford would make sense for both teams.  

Why would it make sense for Pittsburgh, with an immobile elderly QB, to trade for an OLman who got benched for inability to protect an agile young buck with high ability to escape on his own?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Durrr, because he wasn't gettin' 'er done with regard to pass protection.  Our line was a sieve with him in there.  It's bad, but he was grading out the worst.

Why would it make sense for Pittsburgh, with an immobile elderly QB, to trade for an OLman who got benched for inability to protect an agile young buck with high ability to escape on his own?

Engram is a Giant

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I’d be fine if they shopped Ford, Phillips, and Epenesa. 

Epenesa was a 2nd round pick and has shown marked improvement his 2nd year.   His snap count has gone up, even with being inactive last game.

I think he's not a "sunk cost" yet.

Ford and Phillips may be sunk costs.

4 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Engram is a Giant

Durrr I read that and thought "Ebrom"

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think looking into Miles Sanders would be pretty smart. He is really fast and there is no way it would cost that much. You could even trade them Singletary if it made it easier. That’s not how I’d do it but I realize there is only 1 ball. Sanders would absolutely be a home run threat and can also help the passing game. There id an element of speed missing from our offense and that is a pretty reasonable option that id realistic IMO

I like Sanders well enough, but I don't really see how he gives our offense an element that Matt Breida wouldn't. 

If they want to add speed to the backfield, they need only to make active on game day the running back that's already on their roster, already knows the playbook, and won't cost any draft compensation to acquire.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.