Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

I was gonna say much the same about Ertz. Knox has shown me enough at this point that Ertz is no real improvement. Barring injuries I'd stand pat at this point. 

Ertz is a downgrade on Knox at this point. Ertz isn't even the best tight end on the Eagles. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I simply do not see anyone who is likely to come in and help us this year that is likely to be available or whose cost will not hinder us in the future. But I am always looking at DBs who fit our mold for our dime package 

DB is the only spot IMO. I am still worried about our depth outside. Is there a good corner on a bad team who might be available.... I struggle to think of one off the top of my head. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/12/2021 at 9:45 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

This defense is an elite pass rusher away from being incredible.

I think Zimmer easily fills in Oliver's shoes.  

I think Boogie and Rosseau are good young ends.  

AJ is a young talent but I'm willing to give that up at a deep position to separate us even more with an elite end like Jones.

Have you forgotten about something called the salary cap?

4 minutes ago, YoungBillsFan25 said:

2020 3rd round pick Cam Dantzler seems to have fallen back on the Vikings depth chart. Long CB who’s about 6’2 and was good coming out of Mississippi state

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cameron-dantzler/32004441-4e76-4982-6dbf-ebb6876de452

but is a high-risk tackler in run support and needs to do a better job of wrapping and finishing. That isn't a good thing in a heavy zone scheme

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't trade a bag of mouldy tomatoes for Ertz at this point. We have our #1 Tight End. Your #2 tight end when you are only carrying two better be able to block. Ertz is an awful blocker.

But he has unparalleled name recognition.  Beane should float an offer of all TBD-TSW members wanting Ertz to Philly in return for Utz.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cameron-dantzler/32004441-4e76-4982-6dbf-ebb6876de452

but is a high-risk tackler in run support and needs to do a better job of wrapping and finishing. That isn't a good thing in a heavy zone scheme

Come to Buffalo to be the best version of yourself. Pretty sure Levi Wallace had tackling issues coming out but he’s played pretty well.

21 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Yea I didn't like Cam as a scheme fit coming out. Haven't changed my mind. 

On 10/12/2021 at 9:14 PM, Pabstblueribbon said:

I wonder if McBean has gotten any calls about Mitch? Russell Wilson and Daniel Jones both went down this weekend, on top of the already depleted qb situation across the league. 

It would have to be a pretty high draft pick IMO.  Mitch has looked pretty good in Dabolls’ O.

14 minutes ago, appoo said:

At least the rise of Dawson Knox means we can ignore Zack Ertz.

if the Bills make a move I’d be curious about an upgrade to CB2 and Feliciano. 

Feliciano is probably in his last year here

Regarding Feliciano, I'm not so sure...he has a dead cap hit of $1.5, and given his full salary is $5.25 and has been a starter for going on three years now, I think the Bills see his value as depth at the very least for another year. His last year dead cap is $750k and that make sense after a couple of their young guys get some maturity and development, but I can't see them simply cutting him IMO, given what he brings to the Offensive Line.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills have not made any roster changes this season, to the best of my knowledge.

No swapping practice squad players in and out, no calling up players one week and demoting them the next....nothing.

This tells me they are quite happy with their roster.

Given that they are number 1 in scoring defense, number 1 in scoring offense, number 1 in takeaways, and number 1 in point differential....I don't see any reason why they should change a single thing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.