Trade deadline buzz

YoloinOhio

A surplus of edge rushers in Buffalo?

The Bills are expected to get calls on their deep defensive line. The team has used draft capital on promising edge players Greg Rousseau, AJ Epenesa and Boogie Basham in recent years, which could make their veterans attractive at the deadline.

Jerry Hughes is an interesting case because of his salary ($6.1 million), age (33) and production (0.5 sacks). Those aren't very enticing numbers. But he has been solid, and Buffalo plays him a lot (54 snaps in the Week 5 win over Kansas City). Perhaps the Bills hold on to the experienced rusher for the late-season stretch.

Mario Addison, meanwhile, is owed $4.075 million this year. He has one sack and two quarterback hits through the season's first month. Efe Obada is a cheaper rotational guy at $1 million.

Several teams have actively monitored the cornerback market in recent months, including the Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, Houston Texans and New York Giants. The position has only grown in importance because of injuries across the league.

Salaries could be a hang-up for Denver, with Fuller at $9 million and Callahan, primarily a slot corner, at $6.5 million. Both players will be free agents in 2022.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/32373411/nfl-trade-deadline-early-buzz-on-move-latest-chandler-jones-marlon-mack-marcus-maye-others

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Hoping we don’t give up any of our DL...an injury here or there and we could be short handed in no time...screw saving money! we need all hands on deck for a championship run! 👍

I'd only trade a DE for a good CB.  Obada's been inactive every game and could be put into active duty.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I'd only trade a DE for a good CB.  Obada's been inactive every game and could be put into active duty.

I get that he’s been inactive but he also hasn’t played much and given his position flexibility, speed, and length, I see him as a situational player.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

This defense is an elite pass rusher away from being incredible.

I think Zimmer easily fills in Oliver's shoes.  

I think Boogie and Rosseau are good young ends.  

AJ is a young talent but I'm willing to give that up at a deep position to separate us even more with an elite end like Jones.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Obada played a few snaps vs Pitts and a whole bunch vs KC.

I agree, I would only trade one, preferably Obada if it’s a DE, for a good corner or a good guard 

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

AJ is a young talent but I'm willing to give that up at a deep position to separate us even more with an elite end like Jones.

They have gone to great lengths to get younger and cheaper on the DL. That does not spell Chandler Jones to me.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

Because per Section 2.4.7.17 of the TDB code of conduct, you cannot have a trade thread without mentioning this person

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-trade-rumors-eagles-zach-ertz-could-be-dealt-colts-bills-interested

per Philadelphia's NBC Sports site from 11 hrs ago :)

As for me, I would pass on anything other than a Cornerback

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tough to argue this defense isn’t incredible as is 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Disagree.  Chandler Jones would add little.  We are at the point now that we are building through the draft.  This D line has chemistry.  Players are developing.  I trust Beane and McDermott.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Hoping we don’t give up any of our DL...an injury here or there and we could be short handed in no time...screw saving money! we need all hands on deck for a championship run! 👍

We've kept at least 2, one game thought it was 3 DL players inactive every game, so can still easily have 8 good players to rotate barring a handful of injuries.  I'd be OK with either Phillips, Addison, Zimmer or Obada being traded.  Most likely thing would be for picks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.