Bills have highest odds to make playoffs and win SB according to Football Outsiders playoff sim

Big Turk

Bills are at 98.7% to make playoffs and 26.9% to win SB, both highest in the NFL.

Buffalo - TB is the super bowl matchup based on them being the second highest odds to win SB.

Bills also aided by having the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL by a longshot. Miami is second easiest.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/playoff-odds

Edited by Big Turk

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I almost hate all of this hype. You have to hope the players ignore it. Getting to the SB much less winning it is such a rarity. There is a ton of season left.

I think they do. You always hear McDermott tell his players "stay humble and hungry". You hear it in the postgame interviews with the players as well. Even the big win at KC all the players kept saying "its just one win". "Its just week 5". I think Josh even said "4 wins doesn't get you into the playoffs". This team is really focused and on a mission after losing in AFC championship game last year.

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I almost hate all of this hype. You have to hope the players ignore it. Getting to the SB much less winning it is such a rarity. There is a ton of season left.

We can hype all we want...the players are on a mission this year and it's SB or bust.  I think the Steelers game got any sort of focus issues out of the way for the year.  I can't see them finishing with more than 3 losses on the year.

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Just give me Tom Brady in the SB.  Exorcize that final demon ...a 2 for one

I'd take that...McDermott's D gave him fits much of his time in New England.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I mean it is what it is. You want to be a really great team this is going to happen, for what it's worth McDermott didn't even go to sleep after getting off the plane this week.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Something Dion Dawkins said in the post-game press conference sort of alleviated that concern, at least for me.  I'm paraphrasing, but he said "it's a win in week five.  That's all it is.  It means nothing.  If we were to go out and lose the rest of our games, the wins up until this point wouldn't mean anything."

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

No they aren't gonna collapse, they are gonna be there till the end. And they will be a tough out for any opponent in a single elimination game. 

(Wrong person quotes)

Edited by Jeffbigalls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.