Bills one of best teams of all time since DVOA was tracked since 1983 thru first 5 weeks of a season

Big Turk

Wow...this says a lot...Bills have something special this year and it shows on the scoreboard and translates into their DVOA rankings...

image.thumb.png.29f9a205882431f598ac6bed5cf0c80d.png

Bills D second best of all time after 5 weeks since 1983 via DVOA rankings:

image.thumb.png.670510e243764e83c3fc75f2d2eeb9f7.png

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2021/dvoa-week-5-bills-continue-ascent-greatness

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I like that McDermott/daboll keep their foot on the gas even once the bills have a comfortable lead. I feel like in the drought years and even McDermotts first few years, they'd get a 10 point lead and start running the ball to kill clock. I like the aggression. 

• Like (+1) 2

Stats are nice, but it is less than 1/3 of this season,  good for current bragging status, but unless we carry this throughout the entire season, and post season it doesn’t mean a lot. It does say we are doing a damn good job at present,

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...this says a lot...Bills have something special this year and it shows on the scoreboard and translates into their DVOA rankings...

image.thumb.png.29f9a205882431f598ac6bed5cf0c80d.png

Bills D second best of all time after 5 weeks since 1983 via DVOA rankings:

image.thumb.png.670510e243764e83c3fc75f2d2eeb9f7.png

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2021/dvoa-week-5-bills-continue-ascent-greatness

Maybe if we discuss like a Math Proof

1) Winning SB is the goal

2) A strong defensive performance increases a team' odds of winning games

3) Winning Games is essential to make the playoffs

4) You can't win the Super Bowl without making the playoffs

5) The more wins you get the better your odds of playing less playoff games (bye) and playing in front of crowds that will make it hard on the opponent.

Therefore a strong defensive performance indicates you will likely win more which gives you a higher percentage chance of making the playoffs and perhaps getting a valuable bye / home-field advantage which increases your chance to make it to the Super Bowl .. and if you are in the Super Bowl you can win it, especially if you have a great defense.

Thank you OP .. good information!

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Stats are nice, but it is less than 1/3 of this season,  good for current bragging status, but unless we carry this throughout the entire season, and post season it doesn’t mean a lot. It does say we are doing a damn good job at present,

Go Bills!!!

What indication do you have that we won't especially considering the Bills have the easiest remaining schedule by quite a wide margin in the entire NFL?

32 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This is nice and all but it will all be meaningless without a Super Bowl win. 

Exactly.....I've yet to see analytics present us with a Lombardi.  It is refreshing to see us #1 both on offense and defense. Now let's slap Vrabel in the face and stiff arm Henry to the turf.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

What indication do you have that we won't especially considering the Bills have the easiest remaining schedule by quite a wide margin in the entire NFL?

Can’t count on things that have yet to happen, and write checks on those things that have yet to happen…, As an example; The Pittsburgh game…,  everyone wrote that down as a win…, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Can’t count on things that have yet to happen, and write checks on those things that have yet to happen…, ie; The Pittsburgh game…, 

Go Bills!!!

Every year week 1 has its share of surprises that are completely different from what happens the rest of the year, this was the Bills turn for a surprise.

Unless the Bills suffer major injuries on every level, this defense will be hard pressed to not finish number one in both scoring and yardage. 

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Big Turk said:

Every year week 1 has its share of surprises that are completely different from what happens the rest of the year, this was the Bills turn for a surprise.

Unless the Bills suffer major injuries on every level, this defense will be hard pressed to not finish number one in both scoring and yardage. 

I edited the my post, 

I will say it again we can not assume we will win every game for the rest of the season, and that is what you are implying, I mean really did anyone expect KC to be 2-3 at this point? Can’t count your chickens before  they hatch…., fans do it, teams don’t do it…, 

Go Bills !!!

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

This is nice and all but it will all be meaningless without a Super Bowl win. 

why exactly do people feel the need to say crap like this? go ahead and look at that list.... Looks like a fairly good indicator for our chances to at least make and then win the whole thing. 

... but thanks for an unnecessary and overly obvious statement.

38 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly.....I've yet to see analytics present us with a Lombardi.  It is refreshing to see us #1 both on offense and defense. Now let's slap Vrabel in the face and stiff arm Henry to the turf.

take a good look at the list. plenty of superbowl teams on there.... again i cant figure out why people feel the need to say things like Greg S did. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.