Something I'll kinda miss, but not really, simulator

Bills fan since 87

Every year around week 10 or so ESPN drops it's playoff machine simulater (the best one out there imo).  I always loved playing around with it in the past to see what scenarios would get the Bills into the playoffs; and more recently who our likely first round matchup might be.  I've prob spent hours on that thing trying to find a path for the Bills to make the playoffs or get a favorable match up once there.

I am now feeling pretty confident that we will be the number one seed this year (I know, a looong way) to go but the way our schedule lines up and the fact that all the teams we will be vying with play eachother I can certainly see, if not expect us to get that bye.  In which case we wouldn't even know who our matchup is until the first weekend of the playoffs is over.

The simulater just wont have the same intensity for me this year...Ahhhhh first world problems!

-Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Just crush Tennessee, please! 

The theme for this season after that will be.... yawn, ho-hum until the Bucs....

We can hopefully pad our stats, set records, work with Allen, things like that....

The NFC (and the ravens and chargers) look like trouble. We had better find ways to improve all year...

The Ravens are weird. They looked like ***** on both sides of the ball for three quarters last night then came alive and looked scary.... Which team is them?  The Chargers look great. Nothing else to say there except I think the Bucs look better.

The Bucs, the rams, the cards all look super tough maybe even Dallas.... the playoffs are going to be very tough, especially the Super Bowl. Hopefully, we will be well rested and our offense will be ready by then.

45 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Just crush Tennessee, please! 

The theme for this season after that will be.... yawn, ho-hum until the Bucs....

We can hopefully pad our stats, set records, work with Allen, things like that....

The NFC (and the ravens and chargers) look like trouble. We had better find ways to improve all year...

The Ravens are weird. They looked like ***** on both sides of the ball for three quarters last night then came alive and looked scary.... Which team is them?  The Chargers look great. Nothing else to say there except I think the Bucs look better.

The Bucs, the rams, the cards all look super tough maybe even Dallas.... the playoffs are going to be very tough, especially the Super Bowl. Hopefully, we will be well rested and our offense will be ready by then.

Even if we lose to Tennesse we are likely cruising.  But I think we'll beat them

4 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Every year around week 10 or so ESPN drops it's playoff machine simulater (the best one out there imo).  I always loved playing around with it in the past to see what scenarios would get the Bills into the playoffs; and more recently who our likely first round matchup might be.  I've prob spent hours on that thing trying to find a path for the Bills to make the playoffs or get a favorable match up once there.

I am now feeling pretty confident that we will be the number one seed this year (I know, a looong way) to go but the way our schedule lines up and the fact that all the teams we will be vying with play eachother I can certainly see, if not expect us to get that bye.  In which case we wouldn't even know who our matchup is until the first weekend of the playoffs is over.

The simulater just wont have the same intensity for me this year...Ahhhhh first world problems!

-Go Bills!

Nah, it'll be more fun this year because now you can play around & see how the crappy teams you WANT to matchup with get to face against the Bills (or maybe teams you want to avoid?)

Just gotta go in with the mindset "how do we get the Jags into the playoffs now?" and enjoy :) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

The Ravens are weird. They looked like ***** on both sides of the ball for three quarters last night then came alive and looked scary.... Which team is them?

I was stunned by that game. It basically destroyed a lot of narratives. Lamar did nothing in the first half and then when they were way down they started to let him throw and he was throwing lasers. In my opinion that second half should get him AFC Offensive Player of the week. he was crazy good. One caveat, the Colts were down to 3 CBs available and one was a Practice Squad guy. It will be very interesting to see if Roman decides or is forced to take the training wheels off that offense .. especially given their defense looked really bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.