Given the fluster over PB&J during the weather delay, what’s the proper amount of jelly?

BuffaloBill

Jelly fans speak up  

142 members have voted

1. 1. How much jelly should be on a properly made PB&J?

2. 2. As a second question - Peanut butter or Almond Butter for you?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I put it to you that a PB&J sandwich, per its very name, requires jelly.

If it contains 0% jelly, it's not a PB&J sandwich, it's a PB sandwich.

Logic

Is anyone else deeply disturbed at the thought this guy scrutinizes his poop in enough detail to determine this?

Buddy, if you can see peanuts or anything else in the loo when you poo, you're examining the stuff too carefully.  What are you, a re-incarnated pooch?

It was the only way I could get my wedding ring back

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I once knew someone whose bloodhound swallowed her Rolex watch.

It came out in 2 days, still ticking.

Something tells me Rolex wouldn't consider that an advertising point to its target market

That’s some rich poo…. Not to mention the poor dog … can’t imagine that felt good during the exit. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Something tells me Rolex wouldn't consider that an advertising point to its target market

That reminds me of the satellite phone the dinosaur eats in Jurassic Park 3

it depends. if your mom made a PB&J sandwich and put it in your Kung Fu lunchbox not to be eaten for 4 hours at school, you must use less jelly. Mom, I tell you this all the time, it gets too soggy on the jelly side and leaks through to the outside of the bread and make a mess. Can I please just buy my lunch from now on. All my friends buy lunch.

... oh, sorry, things were getting away from me.

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Rolex. It takes a $#!++!ng and keeps on ticking."

One of my favourite things in the world.

I've tried many many brands and types of peanut butter and many different jams.

My perfect snack:

2 slices of freshly baked (got a bread maker) Granary/ Country grain 

Granary%20Bread.jpg

Some butter, preferably with some tasty salt crystals imbedded. I like ones like this

377.jpg

Thick, thick layers of peanut buter. This will be approx 65-70% of the topping.

The best I have tasted. So far...

300x300.jpg

Then, the best accompaniment is blackcurrent jam. This then leads to the answer being be about 30-35%. This one is my present favourite.

s759420318878264242_p639_i1_w400.jpeg

Accompanied by a mug of tea.

Sorry, yes I'm English. And I like to share

Edited by Simstim
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, teef said:

as adults, are we really eating this much pb&j?  we have access to so many other sandwich options,  that pb&j shouldn't be a regular unless you're 5 or on food stamps.  

There are some things you never outgrow; a PBJ is one of those things.

Before I started working from home, PBJ was my go-to lunch sandwich. I got tired of lunchmeats, so unless there were some dinner leftovers that sounded good, I packed a PBJ, a cup of yogurt, and a piece of fruit. Now I often have PB&J on toast or an English muffin for breakfast. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

There are some things you never outgrow; a PBJ is one of those things.

Before I started working from home, PBJ was my go-to lunch sandwich. I got tired of lunchmeats, so unless there were some dinner leftovers that sounded good, I packed a PBJ, a cup of yogurt, and a piece of fruit. Now I often have PB&J on toast or an English muffin for breakfast. 

pb&js have no real redeeming quality to me.  the taste is ok, but any more than one a month and it's too much.  this is coming from a guy who eats turkey and mustard on diet bread just for the sake of filling myself up.

you want a meal that you don't outgrow?  grilled cheese and tomato soup.  that ***** is for winners.  pb&j is for the dirty kid on the bus that doesn't want to get picked up in front of his house because it's gross.

Edited by teef
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Simstim said:

Sorry, yes I'm English. And I like to share

My goodness, this sounds amazing.  I am going to have to try this.  As an aside, a personal thank you to your side of the pond for introducing clotted cream to the world (at least I think England introduced it).  That, along with Tiptree lemon curd on some vanilla scones served with tea is just about one of the best things ever.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

pb&js have no real redeeming quality to me.  the taste is ok, but any more than one a month and it's too much.  this is coming from a guy who eats turkey and mustard on diet bread just for the sake of filling myself up.

you want a meal that you don't outgrow?  grilled cheese and tomato soup.  that ***** is for winners.  pb&j is for the dirty kid on the bus that doesn't want to get picked up in front of his house because it's gross.

Hilarious... but what the hell is diet bread?

7 minutes ago, teef said:

this is coming from a guy who eats turkey and mustard on diet bread just for the sake of filling myself up.

you want a meal that you don't outgrow?  grilled cheese and tomato soup.  that ***** is for winners.

Turkey on mustard is good. But the diet bread totally invalidates your opinion on PBJs.

I agree with you on the grilled cheese, though, and tomato soup is great if it's homemade - not that disgusting Campbell's stuff.

I forgot to add, I often sprinkle crumbled chips (tortilla, potato, Sun Chips, etc.) into my PBJ. The saltiness complements the sweetness of the jam and the crunchiness adds texture. Also goes well on a grilled cheese.

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Turkey on mustard is good. But the diet bread totally invalidates your opinion on PBJs.

I agree with you on the grilled cheese, though, and tomato soup is great if it's homemade - not that disgusting Campbell's stuff.

I forgot to add, I often sprinkle crumbled chips (tortilla, potato, Sun Chips, etc.) into my PBJ. The saltiness complements the sweetness of the jam and the crunchiness adds texture. Also goes well on a grilled cheese.

i understood this could be a consequence, but i wanted to be honest.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Costco’s (Kirkland’s) chicken noodle soup is very good stuff. Forget about tomato soup.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.