Given the fluster over PB&J during the weather delay, what’s the proper amount of jelly?

BuffaloBill

Jelly fans speak up  

142 members have voted

1. 1. How much jelly should be on a properly made PB&J?

2. 2. As a second question - Peanut butter or Almond Butter for you?

I said 20-30% jelly.

I think the idea should be to load up on the PB, and then just a quick knife "scoop" of jelly smeared over the top of the PB.

I also much prefer strawberry jelly to grape or some other flavor.

Also: "Creamy" PB any day over "Crunchy" PB!

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Apparently, there was locker room debate over the proper amount of jelly. What do you have to say about this critical issue?

BTW if you have to have the crust cut off - leave this forum and turn in your Bills card immediately.

The other BB (I wouldn’t insult you to infer Belicheat), you’re poll doesn’t nearly go far enough!

Texture of PB?

Crunchy or Creamy (smooth)

(depends on my mood)

Jelly type?

Raspberry (my favorite by far)

Strawberry

Grape

Orange

other?

Inquiring minds need to know darn it!

Get on it the real BB.  Onward son, onward.  This will be the burning desire all week!

1 hour ago, Patience said:

Anyone here ever had a Fool's Gold Loaf?  Made these a few weeks ago and they were incredible.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fool's_Gold_Loaf

I ate at a diner in Colorado owned by a guy who worked at denver mine company and personally made elvis his fools gold sandwich. It is their signature menu item and the entire restaurant has elvis pics all over the walls....excellent food. Cant remember the name of it, but I think it was just the guys first name. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Being Almonds aren’t peanuts, they can not be used to make a PB&J, so that voids that option altogether, just sayin, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Apparently, there was locker room debate over the proper amount of jelly. What do you have to say about this critical issue?

BTW if you have to have the crust cut off - leave this forum and turn in your Bills card immediately.

I think you need to add some options to your poll per issues raised by Drew Brees:

-what kind of jelly (grape, strawberry, other - apricot? raspberry? lingonberry? apple butter?)?

-how is it cut?  4 pieces or 2, rectangular/square or diagonal?

Also,

-whole wheat bread, white bread, or sandwich skinnys?

I think the point stands that you can't have PB&J with Almonds.  That would be AB&J.

Same point may exclude apple butter as a jelly equivalent 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coastie said:

I normally make mine on tortillas but if i use bread i prefer one heel slice on the jelly side.

This is a thinking man's PB&J  I mean the heel and the jelly.

The tortilla is waaay too risky for us traditional (read Normal ) folks. and question your sanity on that one

:)

Edited by 3rdand12

50/50 PB to J, on white bread, in a baggie, and stuck in your pocket for at least four hours while you ski. The jelly soaks into the bread on one side, and sorta crystalizes. Someone says, "wanna break for lunch?" and you say, "nah, I'm good..." Then you go off on your own, and eat the sandwich in the chairlift with the half pint of milk you had stashed in your other pocket. Word.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

This assumes any amount of jelly would be acceptable. 

I put it to you that a PB&J sandwich, per its very name, requires jelly.

If it contains 0% jelly, it's not a PB&J sandwich, it's a PB sandwich.

Logic

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

If you can't see peanuts in your poop then it ain't crunchy enough

Is anyone else deeply disturbed at the thought this guy scrutinizes his poop in enough detail to determine this?

Buddy, if you can see peanuts or anything else in the loo when you poo, you're examining the stuff too carefully.  What are you, a re-incarnated pooch?

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

As a kid, I remember sitting around a bonfire and someone had one of those utensils that could toast a sandwich over a fire. They made us toasted PB and M&M sandwiches, which blew my mind. Since then, I've grilled the occasional PB and chocolate chip sandwich.

You are easily satisfied :lol: 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.