I have a feeling Frazier will be Raiders #1 target

Carbonpoke

Imo, neither will get a HC slot, they are very good Coordinators but that’s as far as that goes, Frazier, is a one and done HC, and is a better DC, Dabol, was passed by last season, evidently not a big draw, again, jmo.

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Imo, neither will get a HC slot, they are very good Coordinators but that’s as far as that goes, Frazier, is a one and done HC, and is a better DC, Dabol, was passed by last season, evidently not a big draw, again, jmo.

I mean the way we're playing and how the NFL works I find that highly unlikely.

• Like (+1) 2

Regardless of the Raiders and the bigger picture of next round of job opening next  year....I still  think Daboll will be the hotter commodity because of Allen's development and how wrong the experts were about him, so naturally the assumption will be that Allen wouldn't have panned out if not for having Daboll as his OC his entire career thus far.

Frazier on the other hand has already been a HC and is an assistant under a defensive minded HC but I do think he will get another shot especially if the Bills off the chart defensive metrics hold up throughout the rest of this season.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Frazier isn’t getting hired by anyone. He is viewed as a retread. The current trend is to hire 30-year old guys with skinny jeans. 

I agree.......he will be 63 years old next season.   Can't see any semi-contending team hiring him.

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

You need to factor in the Mark Davis looney tunes factor

He is liable to hire some ex-Raider on the radar of nobody in the coaching community.

It will be hard to find someone who can either understand OR respect that haircut.........but the candidate will have to be able to do one or the other.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just put this in other thread. Daboll would be wise to stay away IMO 

I think Frazier is their best pick paired with a great OC.  That said, Frazier can stay here.  He and McD work really well together.  

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Maybe not.. If we get to the SB, most teams don’t want to wait that long, given most job openings begin on Black Monday -day after the Regular Season ends. I think this had a lot to with being able to keep our Coordinators at least one more year. 

correction, 4 more after we win 3 straight SBs in a row.  Take a year off, then win 2 more.  We need at least 5 to cover for the 4 losses in the 90s.  

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Gonna be interesting to watch the firings at the end of the season. 

Daboll might be the guy there.  Jones is not a bad QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean the way we're playing and how the NFL works I find that highly unlikely.

The same was said about last season as well, and neither was given a slot, I certainly could be wrong but…, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

I feel like Daboll should go to a team without a QB. He brings Trubisky as the stop-gap and drafts his own QB. Raiders don't make sense.

I feel like Frasier should go somewhere with an established QB. Raiders make sense.

But goddamn I dont think I would ever want to work for that owner.

Sport Mma GIF by UFC

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills continue having a great season which I think they will then Frazier and Daboll will be getting there share of interviews this offseason.

Good chance the Bills lose both of them especially if they win the Super Bowl.

I hate that.

But I would take that trade.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

The same was said about last season as well, and neither was given a slot, I certainly could be wrong but…, 

Go Bills!!!

Daboll got three interviews though and declined a 4th interview opportunity. He will get 3 or 4 interviews again this year. It eventually just becomes a numbers game. While Daboll is coordinating this offense he will get interviews every year. One year someone will offer him job.

A 62 year old, defensive minded, retread however will be less likely to get looks. Leslie has been very good here for four years and only got two interviews in that whole time.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.